• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Parks and Recreation" Thread (new show from The Office US creators)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good episode, I laughed a lot.

But shutting down the government? Can they actually do that? Also, this Andy and April thing being dragged it is beginning to get annoying.

But hilarious stuff... Ron fawning over the auditors was hilarious. And drunk Leslie and Ann. :lol

Clevinger

m8gz5u.jpg

JESUS.

That episode felt like it was five minutes long!!!

It went by so damn fast! I need more immediately!

It's weird, Tom isn't my favorite character by a long shot, but that whole bartendress scene had me grinning from ear to ear. GO TOM!

And OH MY GOD APRIL AND ANDY COME ON MAN IT'S GOT TO WORK!!!!

TheOddOne

BenjaminBirdie said:
JESUS.

It's weird, Tom isn't my favorite character by a long shot, but that whole bartendress scene had me grinning from ear to ear. GO TOM!

Yeah, the whole season the writers where building up to it and we get a cliffhanger :9

Sumidor

TheOddOne said:
4tpvns.jpg

Ron Fucking Swanson :lol

This episode, like the rest of the season, was awesome.

Oh my god.. that look on his face is amazing! I almost fell off my couch laughing so hard.

TheOddOne said:
So Scott left Party Down for this? If you ask me he traded up.
In terms of profile, absolutely.

That said, I still prefer Party Down to Parks & Rec, but only by a slight margin. I'm still astonished by how much P&R has improved this season.

It's really a moot point, though, because Party Down is only going to get a third season if ratings drastically improve. And so far, they haven't.

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Good episode, I laughed a lot.

But shutting down the government? Can they actually do that?
Considering the constant news stories about government-mandated furloughs, it's not entirely unrealistic.

what's a not gay way to ask him to go camping with me :lol

"is there anything you girls desire besides me" and "plant the seed, harvest like a half hour later" tom was killing me :lol

Toms face when Lucy (hot btw) gave him her phone number

you couldnt remember your phone number so you gave me your phone :lol

great episode, the april drama got depressing though

Flash

BenjaminBirdie said:
JESUS.

i agree 100% with tom. i never thought i would like his character from what i seen in the first season, but he has really come around on me.

the character development on this show has been fantastic this season. first season started off really poorly as all the characters felt very shallow and generally not that likeable. i had a lot of trouble forcing my self through the first few episodes, but now its become a joy to watch. the characters have really grown on me and i LOVE the dynamic between april and andy.

I'm far from a fan of poehler, but she has been pretty decent this season. i am very glad they decided to go away from a steve carrel type of character (i.e. awkward ) they were exploring in the first season.

btw, swanson is awesome.

PBY

Banned
oh mannn that episode fired on all fucking cylinders...

proved to me that p and r is the best show on nbc's comedy lineup, which is tough considering how awesome the other shows are; this ep was so funny, and yet it had a ton of heart.

Actually sort of reminds me of the office season 2. Well done parks, well done.

DangerousMali said:
great episode, the april drama got depressing though

Now that Ann has a new interest things will probably go smoothly for April.

I love her little glances at the camera whenever she's about to do something critical.

Ashhong

that Producers cut has an extended theme music cut. does anybody remember an episode having that same version? i want to rip it and use it as a ringtone. the original one is only 20 seconds long..

Lijik

I don't think I've ever heard the full version of the theme music before, its really awesome and I want an mp3 of it.

Just starting the directors cut version right now and :lol at Ron's gift

"Yes I feel guilty, I'm regifting."
:lol

Ashhong

Ashhong said:
that Producers cut has an extended theme music cut. does anybody remember an episode having that same version? i want to rip it and use it as a ringtone. the original one is only 20 seconds long..

i am 80% positive i heard it before, but dont want to go through all the eps listening for it...SOMEONE must remember!

edit: that ralph macchio guy is a total douche :lol love andy

Costanza said:
"What's the best not-gay way to ask him to go camping with me?" :lol :lol :lol
Yeah that was probably the best line from the show. Great episode all around, this is getting to be the most consistently funny show on TV.

Sucks about having to wait so long for the next season. =(

Ashhong

so i figured the first episode of Parks would have the extended version, and lo and behold it does! new ringtone get

its in AAC format, .m4a. if you want to use it as an iphone ringtone all you need to do is change the .m4a to .m4r and drag it into itunes. youll be good to go :D

http://usershare.net/zz9d5bgk2sa5

Started watching around season 2 episode 15, it's really growing on me. Definitely better than the Office at this point and probably better than 30 Rock too. Was that the last episode of the season? Fuuuuu-

CzarTim

vicissitudes said:
Started watching around season 2 episode 15, it's really growing on me. Definitely better than the Office at this point and probably better than 30 Rock too. Was that the last episode of the season? Fuuuuu-
One more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom