• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Parks and Recreation" Thread (new show from The Office US creators)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiggum2007

I'm really glad Adam Scott is on board full time, I was worried when I heard Paul Schneider was leaving that the show would lose its much-needed straight man.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Ashhong said:
i can only assume its going to reach monumental levels when Scott Pilgrim comes out :lol
I plan
no I don't
on buying every ticket in the theater just so we could have some time alone. *le swoon*

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
OneEightZero said:
Who is she playing in Scott Pilgrim?
Julie Powers. :D

aubrey_plaza_julie_powers_edgar_wright_photoblog.jpg

Schneider had a really great final episode. He'd been a bit under or poorly used lately but that was really fantastic.

Great finale. Best comedy this year.

Anyone know where I can find Ron's ringtone? My wife died laughing so hard last night for at least a good solid 5 minutes from that. She just couldn't control herself. I wanna put it on my phone and see her reaction when my phone rings.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Mark went out with style... what he said to Leslie, about not betting against her, had some heart.

Good way to go out, and a good note to end the season on.

I'll admit that I haven't followed this show closely, but for the few episodes I did catch, I enjoyed them a lot. Was this 2nd season that just wrapped? Is there a consesus among P&R GAF that season 2 > 1?

gdt

the_log_ride said:
I'll admit that I haven't followed this show closely, but for the few episodes I did catch, I enjoyed them a lot. Was this 2nd season that just wrapped? Is there a consesus among P&R GAF that season 2 > 1?

There is a consensus across the planet that PnR S2 is one of the best seasons of comedy ever.

the_log_ride said:

More like 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
There's a producer's cut of the finale up on Hulu. It's got a few fun additional moments but no dropped subplots or anything, like last week's producer's cut.

Neuromancer said:
Great episode. It's going to be a long wait for the next season. =\
Indeed. Yet another reason to hate Jeff Zucker.

It was definitely one of the best comedies on TV, and absolutely the best one on network TV.

Ceres

Banned
DangerousMali said:
Incredible season, does anyone know when season 3 is due ?

Unfortunately it's been moved to midseason which probably means not till January 2011 at the earliest unless something changes.

suplex

finally got around to watching the finale

awesome finale, awesome season

ron running full speed and wiping out trying to warn everyone was hilarious

mark brandanaquits

the show getting pushed back next season is annoying, but hey that's nbc for ya

Ashhong

wooo rewatched the entire season while reading through the thread and peoples reactions. such a classic season of comedy, just amazing.

big ander

I watched season 1 a while ago, and I watched about 4 episodes of season 2.
This past week I watched all of season 2. I'm in love.
I've always found Aubrey Plaza good-looking, but all I knew of her character was "unrealistically sarcastic." I was way off. She's so cute. :3 I just want to see her and Andy be happy. Stupid Andy and Ann.
End to Marks story was perfect. What a great character. Hope he can have a guest role in the future.
I love Adam Scott in anything.
Aziz Ansari. Nough said.
AND RON FUCKING SWANSON

So good. I shouldn't have stopped after season 1 (which was only mediocre to good).

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
So we finally got all caught up on this show. Yeah, Season 2 is so good. In terms of relative excitement for NBC shows we follow, I'd put Parks & Rec at the top now. Hopefully it's picked up a following on Netflix and DVD and is able to come back with a bang. The writing is pretty good but the cast is just so great they really make the show (kind of the opposite of The Office in its better days).

JCX

I watched season 2 on netflix recently. So much better than season one. Did not expect the show to be this funny.

Why'd I ever stop watching this show?

Catching up on season 2 has been such a pleasant surprise, they've really nailed all the characters and made it a true stand out. Leslie is brilliant in particular.

Bukana

Season 1 SUCKED because it is just to show characters and their personality.

Season 2 is PERFECT, much much improved and much funnier than any season in any show.

I wrote this post to make more people watch it.

so people, WATCH it please:D :D .

Rei_Toei said:
Is it then okay to completely skip season 1 and start with season 2?

I enjoyed season 1 although the leap in quality is undeniable - the show found itself and ran with it in season 2. I would give season 1 a shot for the chance you'll like it (you can always stop and start s2 if you don't enjoy it) but if you decide to skip it you definitely can. You won't miss much as far as story goes.

Rei_Toei said:
Is it then okay to completely skip season 1 and start with season 2?

Yes.

The first season was so bad that I gave up on the show. It was only after reading massive amounts of praise that I got back into it via watching season 2 on Netflix streaming.

I wonder how much more popular the show would be if it hadn't had such a terrible first season?

Ceres

Banned
The first season isn't very good but there's a few bright spots. The main issue was their development of Leslie's character making it far too similar to Michael Scott. The development of her character improved greatly in the 2nd season, as did the entire Parks and Rec staff.

tumblr_l5sjr0BSC01qc41a4o1_250.gif

Ceres said:
The first season isn't very good but there's a few bright spots. The main issue was their development of Leslie's character making it far too similar to Michael Scott. The development of her character improved greatly in the 2nd season, as did the entire Parks and Rec staff.

tumblr_l5sjr0BSC01qc41a4o1_250.gif

:lol

I think S2 made S1 a bit better, especially as far as Andy's concerned. You can go back and find a lot funnier now that he's developed a bit more.

big ander

I don't think season 1 is worth skipping. Sure, it's incredibly uneven and nowhere near the realm of greatness that season 2 occupies. But had the show begun with a 22 episode season, I'm sure those first six episodes would have been just as rocky. The first season is great to watch because it shows how the show got to where it is now, making 2 that much better.

My advice on Season 1 is very similar to that of The Office: watch it, but don't let it dissuade you from watching Season 2.

On a related note, I pray that P&R never nosedives in quality like The Office has. But somehow I doubt it will be around long enough for that to happen.

NYR

Woah - totally forgot about this show.

Season 2 was so money. When does the new season start??

NYR said:
Season 2 was so money. When does the new season start??
January 20th

BertramCooper said:
My advice on Season 1 is very similar to that of The Office: watch it, but don't let it dissuade you from watching Season 2.
This seems like a very reasonable way to go about it. I thought they were amusing enough, though certainly nowhere near the quality of S2.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm so excited for this to be back! It's too good...

BigAT

I had actually given up on this show after season 1. It seemed to be way too derivative of The Office and it just wasn't that good. The only reason I actually ended up tuning in for season 2 was because I had read that Louis CK was going to be appearing on a fairly regular basis. Of course this was cut short after his show got picked up by FX, but I'm still glad I did as the increase in quality over season 1 was stunning. Looking forward to season 3 for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom