• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Parks and Recreation" Thread (new show from The Office US creators)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
suplex said:
Well that sucks.

Does that mean it's only going to get a 13 episode season 3? :(
No, and no one has said it's coming in January. It's midseason, which probably means it's coming as soon as that offensive new show Outsourced gets canned.

KingDirk

I'm so annoyed with this midseason deal. Parks is neck-and-neck with Community right now for funniest show on right now.

Damn, though, I love the additions of Adam Scott and Robert Lowe. Rockin'-ly awesome.

KingDirk

Man, this and Community have really hit the right balance between hilarious and bittersweet. I am going to miss these shows over the break.

gdt

Fucking Ron!!! :lol :lol :lol

Second best character of the show, just after Andy. They owned this episode.

Great episode! I am glad I stuck around after the last commercials ran to see Ron and his new lady friend. :lol

Now starts the long wait for the next season. :(

nyprimus2

I watched assorted episodes of the first season. And I've seen assorted episodes of this season. But recently, about the past 4-5 weeks I've declared this the best show of NBC Thursday night. I'm going to go back and watch everything I've missed now.

Are Scott and Lowe regulars for next season? At the very least if they added Adam Scott that would be awesome. Lowe is amazing too but I don't know if he wants to do more then a couple guest appearances.

Ashhong

i thiiink lowe is a regular next season. hes no longer on Brothers and Sisters so I dont think he has anything else.

Excellent episode. Someone must find a similar gunshot ringtone. i may rip it from the episode but it probably wont sound the same..

Awesome season. I hope it gets serious Emmy love, but I doubt it will.

Bummed that we'll have to wait 7+ months until Season 3, but I'll survive.

Dan

Ashhong said:
i thiiink lowe is a regular next season. hes no longer on Brothers and Sisters so I dont think he has anything else.
I believe Adam Scott is going to be a regular while Rob Lowe will be around for a few episodes. So, expect Lowe to be around until the budget stuff is resolved and they'll sort out a way for Scott to stay.

Ashhong

Dan said:
I believe Adam Scott is going to be a regular while Rob Lowe will be around for a few episodes. So, expect Lowe to be around until the budget stuff is resolved and they'll sort out a way for Scott to stay.

Scott + Leslie romance??? I almost felt it, but probably not.

KevinCow

Banned
I like the new guys and am kinda glad they're writing out Mark. He was always kinda boring, and felt like he was mostly just there for the romantic subplots. Ben seems like a much more interesting straight man to the rest of the cast's wackiness.

Dan

Ashhong said:
Scott + Leslie romance??? I almost felt it, but probably not.
I've been assuming they would go that route ever since Adam Scott joining the cast was first announced. These two episodes sure as hell aren't ruling it out. They're both passionate about government, they're just coming at it from different angles. I'd be surprised if they never did something there.

Ashhong

Dan said:
I've been assuming they would go that route ever since Adam Scott joining the cast was first announced. These two episodes sure as hell aren't ruling it out. They're both passionate about government, they're just coming at it from different angles. I'd be surprised if they never did something there.

how old are they supposed to be? Amy doesnt look that old but i feel like shes playing a late 30s character and that Adam is playing like...26-28 ish.

TheOddOne

First Modern Family and now Parks & Recreation, both last weeks episodes should have been the final.

''One employee is trying to schedule 14 meeting with me. Can you guess who?'' :lol

''My father told me that a limp handshake was for weak men and communist. He hated both.'' :lol

I hope the writers keep the storyline that all Tom's girlfriends fall in love with Ron!

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Ashhong said:
how old are they supposed to be? Amy doesnt look that old but i feel like shes playing a late 30s character and that Adam is playing like...26-28 ish.

And the other big relationship is a fresh 21 year old and a nearing 30 year old. Not a big deal.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
I am reaching fistful-levels of Aubrey Plaza (April) infatuation. I better tone it down before I end up creating
more
folders dedicated to her.

Ashhong

AgentWhiskersX said:
I am reaching fistful-levels of Aubrey Plaza (April) infatuation. I better tone it down before I end up creating
more
folders dedicated to her.

i can only assume its going to reach monumental levels when Scott Pilgrim comes out :lol

Ceres

Banned
I haven't watched it yet. :( My husband didn't get home until after 10pm so we only watched Fringe before going to bed. And I'm going to be busy until 9pm tonight. The wait is killing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom