• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Parody Thread Urges

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't fuck around with pines, guys; when grown right, it's the perfect tree. So I ask you: What is your favorite type of pine?

For me, I gotta go with my hometown hero, the Eastern White Pine (Pinus strobus)

they grow fast and tall, and make for some beautiful scenery

white-pine-giant-maine.jpg

another great pine is the Ponderosa Pine (Pinus ponderosa)

how can you not love that bark?

my final pick would be the Sugar Pine (Pinus lambertiana)

these trees are monsters, and their cones are massive

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
We all know America is Red, White, and Blue. But of the three, which color is the MOST American?

The pros and cons can be made for each color individually.

Red:
+ The first color in the list.
+ The color of blood.
+/- Red means Republicans
- Second-most prevalent color on the flag.
- Too much Canada and a little bit of Mexico -- makes it less America!

White:
+ When you think "America" you think "White"
+ Most prevalent color on the flag by percentage. White matches Red tit for tat and ruins the block of blue with stars all over it.
+ White House, not Red House or Blue House.
+ All of the monuments and important buildings in Washington, D.C. are colored white
+ The color of tear gas
- The middle color of the list. No "and" modifier, and it isn't first. It's the middle child of the bunch.
- A little bit of Canada and a little bit of Mexico -- makes it less America!

Blue:
+ The last color in the list, and has the modifier of "and" giving Blue a more pronounced presence in the list. It's red, white, AND BLUE MOTHERFUCKERS
+ Tends to be used a lot more in logos for American companies than any other color.
+ NOT on the Mexican or Canadian flag -- makes it more America!
+ The only color without a comma after it.
+ The color of the water on both sides of Manifest Destiny.
+/- Blue means Democrats
- The least prevalent color on the flag.
- First color on the French flag.

that's what i've got so far. gotta try to make it more ridiculous

no pine lovers on GAF?

I blame the videogames

i hate trees, they're all super jerks

Brakke

Banned
Yo it is straight up
dogggggggggggggggggggg g gggg g ggg g g g ggggg ggggg ggggggg ggggggggg ggggggggg Time on this board, glad I checked in before bed.

Calvero

Banned
We all know America is Red, White, and Blue. But of the three, which color is the MOST American?

The pros and cons can be made for each color individually.

Red:
+ The first color in the list.
+ The color of blood.
+/- Red means Republicans
- Second-most prevalent color on the flag.

White:
+ When you think "America" you think "White"
+ Most prevalent color on the flag by percentage. White matches Red tit for tat and ruins the block of blue with stars all over it.
+ White House, not Red House or Blue House.
- The middle color of the list. No "and" modifier, and it isn't first. It's the middle child of the bunch.

Blue:
+ The last color in the list, and has the modifier of "and" giving Blue a more pronounced presence in the list. It's red, white, AND BLUE MOTHERFUCKERS
+ Tends to be used a lot more in logos for American companies than any other color.
+/- Blue means Democrats
- The least prevalent color on the flag.

that's what i've got so far. gotta try to make it more ridiculous

i hate trees, they're all super jerks

this one could turn out very well! i don't have any creative things to add to it though :(

Guys, Terry has never seen any of the Star Wars films.

It saddens me that he hasn't seen the original trilogy, but I'm also really jealous that he's never had to sit through the prequels, especially Episode I: The Adventures of Jar Jar

We need some sort of thread where we convince Terry to watch the original trilogy to make him a better person, and then punish for his craziness by making him watch the prequels

Calvero

Banned
Guys, Terry has never seen any of the Star Wars films.

It saddens me that he hasn't seen the original trilogy, but I'm also really jealous that he's never had to sit through the prequels, especially Episode I: The Adventures of Jar Jar

We need some sort of thread where we convince Terry to watch the original trilogy to make him a better person, and then punish for his craziness by making him watch the prequels

i haven't watched any of them either :(

davepoobond

just assemble all of the clips of Jar Jar Binks. that'll convince him to watch it.

MESA LITTLE COO COO FA JA JA

Calvero

Banned
What's the best deal you've never gotten?

this one could actually work

edit:
I see a lot of gif's that are made on neogaf, and many amazing comments. I wonder if any of you have had your ideas or pictures used on other sites? I recently made a post in the Tomb Raider thread. I was a little angry at the time, and looking back a little hot headed, but many people seemed to like what I said...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=125476085&postcount=7505

So, I am on reddit today and I find my exact post...not a quote, but someone taking credit for my post. He even argues my points in the thread as if they were his own ideas.

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/com...mb_raider_exclusive_to_xbox/cjo15pu?context=3

So anyone else have this happen? Am I being weird for sort of getting pissed off at the guy?

edit: wow this stuff happens in NeoGAF too, apparently: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=875162

Would I be in trouble if I post this thread like a few days from now?

edit 2: everyone from Parody Thread Urges should have had a cheese modified avatar for that cheese thread

Calvero

Banned
a thread in community for people afraid of joining an already established community. can't think of anything funny to call it though.

Have you ever been unable to think of a funny name for a thread in community for people afraid of joining an already established community before?

davepoobond

i was thinking, instead of containing the "rate how well you recognize someone" posts to that particular thread, we just do that but in different threads.

if someone is ruining that good news thread, for instance, i'll quote them and and "4/10, you're that guy who ruined the good news thread"

i was thinking, instead of containing the "rate how well you recognize someone" posts to that particular thread, we just do that but in different threads.

if someone is ruining that good news thread, for instance, i'll quote them and and "4/10, you're that guy who ruined the good news thread"

you're that guy who came up with expanding the familiar thread

11/10

Anyone wish the Queen of England wasn't British?

anyone wish Harry wasn't a wizzerd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom