• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pastor who said Pulse victims got what they deserved arested on molestation charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully he gets what he deserves.

Controversial pastor Ken Adkins has been charged with two counts of child molestation in Georgia and is in the Glynn County jail, officials said.

One of the two charges against the 56-year-old is aggravated child molestation, said Stacy Carson, special agent in charge of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation's Kingsland office.

he helped lead the fight against expanding Jacksonville’s anti-discrimination law to cover lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people.

Among the criticisms that Adkins lodged was his assertion that expanding the law would make it easier for sexual predators to find victims in bathrooms.

After the mass shooting at a gay nightclub in Orlando in June, Adkins tweeted, “been through so much with these Jacksonville homosexuals that I don’t see none of them as victims. I see them as getting what they deserve.”

Last month Adkins admitted he made up an endorsement that he posted on Facebook falsely stating that state Rep. Jeff Jones, R-St. Simons Island, had endorsed J. Peter Murphy in a race for the Glynn County Commission.

“I told a lie,” Adkins told the Times-Union but added, “Politics is lying and stretching the truth.”

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...activist-ken-adkins-charged-child-molestation

Ponn

Banned
Anytime a Pastor or authority figure makes these type of statements the police should immediately start investigating them. It's almost a given at this point.

Altazor

After the mass shooting at a gay nightclub in Orlando in June, Adkins tweeted, “been through so much with these Jacksonville homosexuals that I don’t see none of them as victims. I see them as getting what they deserve.”

Hopefully, so do you.

Anytime a Pastor or authority figure makes these type of statements the police should immediately start investigating them. It's almost a given at this point.

No fucking kidding..it's like some weird deflection they can't help themselves from doing!

Being a bigot and a pastor should be major red flag for law enforcement at this point. Its like a guarantee they are doing some serious sinning.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I want to say I'm surprised but I'm not surprised. When will Trump hire him onto his campaign to do public outreach to elementary schools?

inky

Fry-Im-Shocked-Futurama.gif

Hope the scumbag gets what he deserves.

The article doesn't say, but what's the over/under that the children he molested were boys? Would crank the hypocracy of the whole affair into the stratosphere.

Krejlooc

Banned
Dude said that he hates lying, but just did it because that's what you do when you're a politician.

Perhaps he was just applying the same mentality to being head of his church?

erawsd

The article doesn't say, but what's the over/under that the children he molested were boys? Would crank the hypocracy of the whole affair into the stratosphere.

Based on what the wife says it does sound like a boy.

His wife, Charlotte Stormy Adkins, said she and the congregation support Adkins and are disappointed in the rush to judgment against him. She is confident he will be cleared of all charges but shares her husband’s concern for the young man who came forward with the allegations. She said he is a part of the church ministry and has been mentored by the couple. She also said while her husband takes leave, she will be interim pastor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom