• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile 2 Announced | Summer Game Fest

Draugoth

Gold Member

At ExileCon, we will reveal everything there is to know about Path of Exile 2 - including its beta launch date! We'll also be showcasing Path of Exile: Mobile and the 3.22 expansion for Path of Exile 1 at this event. ExileCon takes place on the 28th and 29th of July PDT. You can watch online at twitch.tv/pathofexile or attend in person. Tickets to attend ExileCon can be purchased at pathofexile.com/exilecon. In the meantime, find out more at pathofexile2.com, where you can also sign up for reminders to get all the latest updates.​

FyH44icakAAPBCP
FyH45XqaAAAHRg3

Last edited:

HTK

Banned
More info on July 28 but not an actual release right?

In any case, I think by the time I finish Diablo IV I'll be too burnt out from the genre to be honest to give this a try. Looks good though.

Draugoth

Gold Member
More info on July 28 but not an actual release right?

In any case, I think by the time I finish Diablo IV I'll be too burnt out from the genre to be honest to give this a try. Looks good though.

Yeah i fucked up, already asked mods to change the title

Laieon

I might give this a try, but Diablo does what I like in games significantly more than PoE, so I doubt it'll convert me.

Between Diablo IV and probably the 1.0 release of Last Epoch later this year, my ARPG cup is pretty full already.

Last edited:

alucard0712_rus

Gold Member
POE currently has game pad support. It has for about a year. Its also on Xbox and ps4/5
Last time I've checked was exactly a year ago. So you can play normally with the gamepad with all bells and whistles? Because I don't remember what was wrong with gamepad support but something was wrong for sure.

Moneal

Last time I've checked was exactly a year ago. So you can play normally with the gamepad with all bells and whistles? Because I don't remember what was wrong with gamepad support but something was wrong for sure.
The only thing really missing from controller now is binding skills to move for automation. It does make some builds not work because of that.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I really appreciate how significantly they've improved the player animation. This looks AAA now... frankly (this particular aspect) is now best in class imo.

Schmendrick

The trailer gameplay and visuals look incredible, imho visibly better than what we just got with Diablo 4 even.
But I don't trust PR material, we'll see.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Damn, that's looks awesome! It's nice to see they are putting that mtx money to use and not going cheap again because they could actually get away with it with their diehard fans. The jank appears to be gone unless this is a bullshit trailer but being so close, I doubt it!

MaKTaiL

I heard this will be more in line with what Overwatch 2 did. It will be a new massive update for the main game with a new story while also co-existing with Path of Exile 1 in the same client. I wonder if they will upgrade Path of Exile 1 graphics as well.

Tarnpanzer

Hopefully they make this a bit more casual friendly.

Having a huge skill tree with no respec option in PoE 1 was a big NoNo for me. I just want to play casually at the start and want to respec later when things get to hard with my (blind) build. Just like you can with all Diablo Games.

DavidGzz

Having a huge skill tree with no respec option in PoE 1 was a big NoNo for me. I just want to play casually at the start and want to respec later when things get to hard with my (blind) build. Just like you can with all Diablo Games.

The hardcore fans would probably scoff but I hope there is a casual "easy" mode. I don't want to have to look up a guide to have a viable end game build or deal with all of those damn mats or the mat inventory management. I also wish it was buy to play so that I don't have to spend money for more stash or good looking armors.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Yeah because 2 good games couldnt possibly exist at the same time🙄
2 games from the same genre coming out in the same year, both games for PC & consoles and both requiring xxx hours to play them properly. Yep, there can only be one winner (long-term).

This was the one thing that made me personally stick with Diablo over PoE in the long run. Blizzard’s controller support is top notch. PoE’s controller support is very barebones and has very odd button placement and function.

I remember a streamer saying something similar to this: Diablo on controller feels like Gauntlet and PoE on controller feels like modded Diablo.

I’m hoping they fix all of this somehow, someway with PoE 2.

amigastar

So it seems that Exilecon this year will not have a playable beta from the game.
That's unfortunate since i've thought we will get something playable.

Fuz

Banned
Let's hope it's not plagued by anachronistic shit like its predecessor.

And an AH so you're not forced to look for trading sites on google, and no XP loss on death, and...

Last edited:
I love Diablo, Diablo II, Grim Dawn, and Titan Quest, but I could never get into PoE for whatever reason. I've tried a few times. Still this should be pretty big.

Last edited:

amigastar

I love Diablo, Diablo II, Grim Dawn, and Titan Quest, but I could never get into PoE for whatever reason. I've tried a few times. Still this should be pretty big.
Same here, i have 26 hours played in PoE on Steam but it's mostly trying to play the game and then stop. But i'm curious about PoE2.

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
it will be the better game mechanically, for sure. Especially for hardcore players.

Production and presentation wise however.... no way it will better D4. God tier.

Elitro

Let's hope it's not plagued by anachronistic shit like its predecessor.

And an AH so you're not forced to look for trading sites on google, and no XP loss on death, and...
XP on death is the mechanic that kept pushing me away from POE, by far the worst mechanic in the game. The AH is w/e since i would rather play solo self found.

• Surprised
Reactions: Fuz

Moneal

XP on death is the mechanic that kept pushing me away from POE, by far the worst mechanic in the game. The AH is w/e since i would rather play solo self found.
The xp loss on death mechanic is a non issue until about 90 or so. I usually play squishy builds early, and I never notice it till the end game.

Top Bottom