• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile (F2P Loot Hack 'n Slash) Open beta later this year

Emitan

KKRT00 said:
If You will read chat/irc [whatever You prefer], I'm in :) Just give us timeframe of it.
Maybe in four or five hours. I don't have any IRC channels, but livestream has chat built in but I don't know how good it is.

Twinduct

Nice shots Billy! Super jealous right now.
Just got of finishing Titan quest heh .. well I say finish, but that just means played my fair share for the year!

Kyaw

Billychu said:
Maybe in four or five hours. I don't have any IRC channels, but livestream has chat built in but I don't know how good it is.

Is 9 or 10 PM GMT good for you? I'm going to go karting tonight and i'll probably be back around 10 GMT.

KKRT00

BTW anyone think what kind of class we will get last?
For sure it will be int/dex hybrid, which for me its exciting, because its my favourite combination in ARPG.
If its not a Ranger [it would be my first guess normally], so maybe Assassin kind of char with traps? Or what else?

Emitan

Ranger is already in :)

Someone on the forums guessed a monk class, which would be interesting. I don't think a barehanded class would make sense, so maybe they'd use claws?

Emitan

I can't get Livestream's software to pick up the game. I'll try playing in Windowed mode and just getting a screen capture.

KKRT00

Billychu said:
I can't get Livestream's software to pick up the game. I'll try playing in Windowed mode and just getting a screen capture.
Have You tried XFire? Or other site? Like Justin.tv? Maybe there is somekind of tutorial on Path of Exile board?

Billychu said:
Ranger is already in :)

Someone on the forums guessed a monk class, which would be interesting. I don't think a barehanded class would make sense, so maybe they'd use claws?
I know that Ranger is in :p I said it would be normally my guess.
Monk for me = Templar and its more STR/INT i think.

Emitan

KKRT00 said:
Have You worked something out?
Yeah, I did some testing and it streams fine. I've been waiting to get the go ahead on streaming but I haven't gotten a reply back. I guess I'll just start streaming because others have and GGG doesn't mind.

EDIT: Stream

The M.O.B

Billychu said:
Yeah, I did some testing and it streams fine. I've been waiting to get the go ahead on streaming but I haven't gotten a reply back. I guess I'll just start streaming because others have and GGG doesn't mind.

Nice stream.

Raide

The more I watch these streams, the more the game reminds me of Diablo. Its almost like what Diablo would have been like if they skipped Diablo 2 and went for a 3D version. The color palette reminds me of Diablo 1, as well as the way it highlights enemies in red. Even the combat makes me think of Diablo 1 instead of Diablo 2. Hrmmm...very odd.

KKRT00

Billychu said:

Thanks for a stream Billychu, who missed it should watch it anyway on the site.

Here's log from chat [dunno if livestream saves it, i think not]
http://pastebin.com/Vy6M40mY

Beat the first 2 acts that are in the game so far and moved on to the second difficulty. It ramps up quite a lot and you start losing exp for deaths. Really loving the game and everything new I find out about it.

The game runs surprisingly well but is also missing a ton of content. Act 2 is completely barebones it seems at the moment.

Emitan

After playing Act 2 some more it really doesn't seem too bare bones other than lack of bosses. It basically has the same amount of content as Act 1, its just not perfectly linear.

The M.O.B

What a terrible day.

My classes have started up and i'm swamped with work. >_<

and to top it off, I GOT INTO THE BETA FINALLY.

But I have no time to play -_-

TheExodu5

Banned
The M.O.B said:
What a terrible day.

Awwwww. :(

Play it anyways. Live it up for the rest of us!

Emitan

The M.O.B said:
What a terrible day.

I'm too exhausted to play now. Just walking from the building to my car and driving home is a chore because it's 115 degrees F!!! And I still have another class in an hour.

The M.O.B said:
What a terrible day.

How'd you get your key? Did you get randomly chosen?

Negator

The M.O.B said:
What a terrible day.

I know that feel. I know all that feel.

My friend snagged me a beta key from PAX and all I have time to do is homework :(

The M.O.B

Got around to playing it, I picked the witch.

One thing that got on my nerve is no way to see your character up close. No zoom yet but they are working on that. I just want a close up shot of my chracters to see how awesome they are.

Oh and for the witch, even though I equip armor, she still has her rags on underneath which looks dumb :/ (I'm guessing removing the rags will cost money, devs need to make money somehow)

The game is great so far though. :)

KKRT00

Veteran timer has ended and Chris started to send friend invites keys to beta members :)

Chris said:
Today we'll be turning off the veteran timer and starting to hand out "friend invites" to existing testers. The first wave have already been sent. The random timer will continue to hand out access at the current rate.

The friend invite email suggests to the testers that if they don't have any friends to give the keys to, they should hand them out to helpful members of the community.

We expect that this will result in more keys being distributed to active forum members.

This isn't the last change we're making to the invite system - just the next step in the plan!

EDIT: We're not giving out thousands of friend invites at once - the rate is faster than the veteran timer that we just turned off (as of course some people won't give out their keys), but the intention is not to rapidly accelerate access to the beta, yet (just hopefully make it easier for prominent forum users to get in).
Source:

So if anyone is willing to give away his friend invite key, i'll gladly welcome it :p

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Hi I'm begging for a key. Just remember who made the OP and informed you of the game in the first place.
joking :p

Archie said:
Hi I'm begging for a key. Just remember who made the OP and informed you of the game in the first place.
joking :p

Have you sent Chris (developer) a pm on the website and told him you have a thread going on neogaf? Maybe there's some way he'll let you in since you're helping with exposure.

KKRT00

AllIsOneIsNone said:
Have you sent Chris (developer) a pm on the website and told him you have a thread going on neogaf? Maybe there's some way he'll let you in since you're helping with exposure.
I've talked with Chris about exposure [on eurogamer and gamersyde - damn i've even sent BlimBlim pm here about this :p] and he hasn't given me a key :p, but he can try.

inky

I would love a key if/when anyone has one to spare. The timer has not been too kind to me =( mainly because I've never posted on their forums.

Soroc

I'd love to get into this too.

I app'd on the website way back a couple days before they started giving out keys.

If anyone gets any extras I'd love to test the game.

The M.O.B

New Dev Diary is up, chronicling their Pax Prime adventures.

And Runic Games Dev checking the competition hehe. (not really)
booth5.jpg

Macattk15

I watched the 3 hour race thingy .... I saw 3 abilities used in 3 hours ... game graphically looks like shit to me as well. Though I tend to be a graphics snob. Just my opinion.

Game looks horrendously spammy and repetitive with boring ass skills. Really shitting on Diablo 3 cause of this game in this thread?

Wow.

KKRT00

Macattk15 said:
I watched the 3 hour race thingy .... I saw 3 abilities used in 3 hours ... game graphically looks like shit to me as well. Though I tend to be a graphics snob. Just my opinion.

Game looks horrendously spammy and repetitive with boring ass skills. Really shitting on Diablo 3 cause of this game in this thread?

Wow.
They spammed 3 skills, because it was 3 hour race, so they were using overpowered skills and played in group. They didnt even have time to manage inventory.

And graphically it looks shitty? What? So how do Torchlight 2 or Diablo 3 look to You?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Macattk15 said:

Wow.

Why do you care when you won't be playing Diablo 3?

Top Bottom