• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paul Gale: Rocksteady Making TMNT: Manhattan Crisis / Rocksteady: Nope, we're not

If the combat is as lame as Batman, I'll pass. Fuck, the boss fights will probably be as lame as Batman too. Please let this stay a rumor.

Orayn

9TGU7.jpg

...In every conceivable way. Please be true.

TheNatural

My Member!
If this happens I may go into a coma of pure awesomeness. A big, awesome, Ninja Turtles game? Is this life?

PS - Anyone remember the NES game TMNT III with a similar name? It was a pretty damn awesome beat em up as well.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
If the combat is as lame as Batman, I'll pass. Fuck, the boss fights will probably be as lame as Batman too. Please let this stay a rumor.

Discounting the boss fights, you honestly think the combat in the Arkham games is lame? Lame compared to what?

Discounting the boss fights, you honestly think the combat in the Arkham games is lame? Lame compared to what?

Compared to good brawlers? The fights play out closer to a quick-time event than actual skilled combat. Everything about those Batman games were mediocre at best. Stealth was fucking boring as well. So we have a Batman game with poor combat, lame bosses, and boring stealth. Yeah, sounds like the makings of a great game.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Compared to good brawlers? The fights play out closer to a quick-time event than actual skilled combat. Everything about those Batman games were mediocre at best. Stealth was fucking boring as well. So we have a Batman game with poor combat, lame bosses, and boring stealth. Yeah, sounds like the makings of a great game.

You dont know what you're talking about. And you're angry.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
A TMNT game by Rocksteady? Why yes, I think I would want some of that.

Sometimes you aren't sure what you want until someone gives it to you.

Sadly, I imagine that this is nothing more than wishful thinking, but what a nice wish for someone to make...

smr00

Banned
Don't play with my emotions, the other day i had a dream that rocksteady did a proper TMNT game.

PLEASE GOD MAKE IT HAPPEN

I keep forgetting what the appeal of TMNT is, especially as video games.

How does a story about four ninjas who happen to be turtles NOT sound like a video game?

Well I saw a space that needed filling, so I stuck some words in there. I can stick to the bottom if people don't like it in both, however. It's all good!

Always throws me off. Such an odd feature for a message board. It is attention grabbing though.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
If mediocre devs like this gets their hands on the TMNT license, yes, I'll be angry. And excellent rebuttal to my points there.

There is an entire mode in both the Arkham games that is dedicated strictly to the combat, which require substantial skill in order to achieve the highest rank.

If they were merely quick time events that required no skill as you stated, the existence of this mode would have been rightfully questioned and criticized by both the press and the gaming public.

However, being that the combat is both skill based and loads of fun this wasn't the case.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I don't think they were trying to be the next Ninja Gaiden. The combat system was intended to make you feel like you're the goddamned Batman, just like everything else in the game. And they nailed it.

Irish

Don't tell me you're a fan of single-player fighting games. Worst genre ever...

JazzmanZ

I'm not saying it's real. Is Title Fight real? Yes it is. Do I hope this project is legit? Yes I do. Have fun with it and lets hope for the best. And thanks for the support and feedback. I appreciate it.

Speaking of which.
Whats going on about that wishlist thing you made where people posted in the comment section?

Did you send that to Sony yet or what.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony

Play the games on hard, then talk. Arkham City, with all the refinements and nuance enabled by the sheer flexibility of the tools Batman has, is the best "brawl" system I've ever played in my life.

It's flat out a bald faced lie to say it's not skill based. The game will eat you alive at its real difficulty and New Game+ if you LOL and treat it like a "quick time event".

As for stealth, one man's ceiling is another man's floor. Both Arkham games have the only stealth gameplay I've ever found interesting.

Takao

Banned
Sounds fake.

But it would be cool to see them tackle an IP that isn't totally just angry roid man and his band of losers.

Play the games on hard, then talk. Arkham City, with all the refinements and nuance enabled by the sheer flexibility of the tools Batman has, is the best "brawl" system I've ever played in my life.

It's flat out a bald faced lie to say it's not skill based. The game will eat you alive at its real difficulty and New Game+ if you LOL and treat it like a "quick time event".

As for stealth, one man's ceiling is another man's floor. Both Arkham games have the only stealth gameplay I've ever found interesting.

Seriously. Even on normal the game will fuck you up by the end if you go through button mashing. You can do that for the first bit, but once heavy guys and dudes with knives get thrown into the mix, you have to up your skills. Plus, using all your gadgets in fights is the funnest thing ever.

RedSwirl

In regards to combat, I agree with Cow Mengle in that the systems in Arkham feel very rudimentary to me. I thought the first game was utterly decent, but probably overrated. Even the stealth, while good for what it was, still felt pretty basic compared to a straight-up stealth game.

It wasn't always like that.

Batman (NES), Return of the Joker (nes),The Adventures of Batman & Robin (Gen) and Batman Returns (snes) were all really good.

They really weren't. The Genesis one was servicable.

The SNES Batman & Robin was far better, and still my favorite Batman game honestly.

I want this now. This is the game I've been dreaming about. I never thought this would be possible because TMNT isn't as popular as it was in my day. Please be true!

Paul Gale

Speaking of which.
Whats going on about that wishlist thing you made where people posted in the comment section?

Did you send that to Sony yet or what.

I sent the most recent update with all comments up to a few hours ago, to Sony...well, just a few hours ago. I sent it to SuperBot Entertainment a couple days ago, and before then, once approximately once a week like I said I would. As for my source, that person has been receiving the comments more often throughout all of this.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I remember playing Turtles on Nintendo. Turtles and Contra are the only good games I had there. So I'm looking forward to this rumour being true.

A TMNT more faithful to the original, more darker comics would be cool. I never read the comics, but they were supposedly more, I don't know, grittier? compared to the cartoon and subsequent toy line. I demand the original TMNT movie on Blu-Ray as a preorder bonus though

Duffyside

Banned
Any aspiring/gifted GAF artists want to take a shot at how shitty and roided-up the Turtles and Shredder will look? And how slutty April O'neil will look?

On that last one...
please?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
This would be a western game I'd be pretty excited about.

Jtrizzy

This sounds great to me, especially if there is a compelling online co op mode. I'd love to see them do this, and do Batman 3 once all of the next round of consoles are out.

Also, assuming there is a PC version, optimize the DX11 features game better than in AC. I'm getting a WiiU as well, if they get there online straight I might consider it on that platform. Make it happen!

If they're really going "Dark and gritty" like the rumor states, they'd base it on the original comics. Maybe the movies or the 2003 series. To make a dark and gritty game based on the 80's cartoon, which was pure camp, is a big red flag on this rumor.

Jtrizzy

If they're really going "Dark and gritty" like the rumor states, they'd base it on the original comics. Maybe the movies or the 2003 series. To make a dark and gritty game based on the 80's cartoon, which was pure camp, is a big red flag on this rumor.

Yeah, but the success of the movie was based on the cartoon show and it was a pretty great balance between the cartoon and a semi violent action movie. My guess is that it would be a blend of the two, closer to the movie but with some clear comedic moments. It doesn't have to be like the Batman series in terms of darkness or grittiness or the campy nature of the cartoon.

Top Bottom