• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paul Mooney Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

http://thaformula.com/paul_mooney_feature.htm

thaFormula.com - What do you feel is the difference between the racism of back in the day, compared to the racism of today that they say no longer exists?

Paul Mooney - Because it was overt and now it's covert. They hide it now. If you believe in spy movies and all that crap, when you decode America, it decodes IAMRACE. Race is the most powerful thing in America. When OJ was on trial these white folks went crazy. The verdict made them crazy. This white boy that could have killed a baby with his wife, look how casual their energy was about him. He might have got off. It shows you there that white folks have a sudulty about them. What do we want? We want our reparations right? We want that mule and 40 acres right? They gave us our mule in Eddie Murphy, a talking mule. They said here nigga, here's a talking mule. Now try to get your 40 acres. I pick up on all that.

thaFormula.com - Man you and Chapelle are one of the last real comedians out there?

Paul Mooney - Well Chapelle was a Mooney student. He doesn't even count. I love him and all that and he's wonderful but I'm the professor and he's the student. I been doing this a long time. I been on the frontline and I been doing this when it wasn't popular. I'm the Davey Crockett of comedy.

thaFormula.com - Do you feel that Biggie or 2Pac's killers will ever be found?

Paul Mooney - No. The police killed them. I have hip hoppers in my house and they are just as crazy as everybody else, talking about 2Pac is still alive and that other one Biggie. I said please, dead niggaz stay dead. They both are dead. The police got the biggest gangs in America and are the biggest liars. Jail is full of niggaz. The white man that created DNA is probably somewhere dead in the dessert because DNA was supposed to put niggaz in jail, not free them. DNA has freed a bunch of niggaz who were innocent of what they were accused of. White folks don't even have any regret for it.

thaFormula.com - What do you think when you see someone like Michael Jackson being accused of molestation?

Paul Mooney - Michael is our modern day Jesus. First they say he's black, then they say he's white. Now they are getting ready to crucify him. Michael is not a pedophile. If Michael was a pedophile it would almost make him normal. He's X-Files brother, he's out there.

thaFormula.com - What about Eminem. What are your thought on Eminem's status in hip hop?

Paul Mooney – Oh Please! I told you, I don't like white folks who pretend they are niggaz. It's hard enough being a nigga. Give me a rope when they start hangin' niggaz and I'll find out who is black and who is white, trust me. They will all turn white if they get to hanging niggaz again.

thaFormula.com - An argument that many whites and blacks have had for years is, why is it okay for blacks to use the word cracka, but not okay for whites to use the word nigga?

Paul Mooney - Because we have never lynched them, that's why! We have never terrorized them. They have been terrorist in our lives for 500 years, that's why. We use the word nigga to defuse it. The same way it's okay for a whore to call a whore a whore. You call one a whore and they will run across they street and knock you in your head, because you don't live their life. I say nigga every time I want to because I was called it enough. I was called nigga enough so I can say it any time I feel like it. When it meant something nobody gave a fuck and now that it don't mean shit, everybody has something to say about it. It gets on my fucking nerves. I been a nigga to long. I got to go to Japan and get the operation because I been a nigga to damn long.

thaFormula.com - There seems to be a split in the black community over the word nigga and it being used or not being used. Where do you stand on that?

Paul Mooney - Imma say nigga until I die. I'm gonna always say it. I say it a hundred times every morning, it makes my teeth white. Nigga, nigga, nigga, nigga, nigga, nigga, nigga. I'm gonna always say it. A nigga is the one that wouldn't work and wouldn't do what the master wanted him to do. So I love a nigga. I nigga fought back. I nigga was like that mule, okay. Stubborn. Saying nigga is like saying Africa, you'll get a room real quiet. That's why I don't like black people or Afro-Americans. I like Negroes, color people and stolen Africans. Because black people and Afro-Americans kill each other. Negroes and color people didn't do that. If you don't believe me ask your mom and your grandmother. They didn't do that shit. They didn't walk up on no other color person or Negro and shoot them in their head. When they ran into a color or Negro neighborhood, they felt safe. It ain't like that now. They feel safe in the white neighborhood. So you know it's all twisted.

thaFormula.com - It's the same also within the Latin community. You got Hispanics, Latins, Chicanos, etc...

Paul Mooney - Puerto Ricans and Cubans ain't nothing but niggaz that can swim. Let's get real ya'll. I come from Louisiana. The white folks made the rule. You got one drop of nigga in you, that's what you are. I don't give a fuck where you from. I'm telling you what the reality is. They took slaves everywhere. You got a drop of black blood in you that makes you a nigga. I don't care what language you speak. This is a foreign language to me. This is not my native language. You got that nigga in you, you got that Africa in you and that's what they all fear and all don't want to bring up. Everybody wants to talk about their Indian Grandmother & their Swedish cousins. Everybody is all fucked up. Them got damn Jews too wanna be white folks. That's all nothing but niggaz. All of them. We were at war with Germany, they dropped the bomb on Japan. They ain't gonna drop the bomb on Germany because they could have blew up their cousin or their brother. They have the complexion for the protection. Their white skin protects them and niggaz had better wake up, because they are getting their wake up call. All Niggaz!

thaFormula.com - But Paul, they say that times have changed and things are better now?

Paul Mooney - Yeah things are real better, Bush is president. Kiss my ass!

thaFormula.com - But Paul, what about the ones that say slavery ended a long time ago, so what are you still mad about?

Paul Mooney - No it don't work that way when you reap the benefits. I'm like the witch. When you burn the witch she is gonna say I hope your head fall off and I hope your dog die. The witch says I curse your sons, sons, sons. The witch wants all you mutherfuckers to pay. So a hundred years from now, your muthafuckin' blood is still being punished. That's the way I feel about South Africa. They been doing that shit to niggaz since the 1800's. I want all them muthafuckas to pay. Not just now. You see how they are forgiven. I told you about that complexion for the protection. Look how they forgive them. Every time I hear South Africa I cringe and America was in on it to. Then they want you to forgive them, but we don't get forgiven. Huey Newton ain't forgiven, Angela Davis ain't forgiven, OJ ain't gonna be forgiven.

thaFormula.com - Do you think that we will ever see an era like the 60's where we had people like Malcolm, Huey, George Jackson, etc.?

Paul Mooney - No. Time is running out. The Black Panthers and I mean the real ones that was in those neighborhoods made anybody who tried to come in their and try to pimp us pay. Those people are in there pimpin' us now. The Black Panthers would never have allowed that and that's why there are no more Black Panthers. The Black Panthers were teaching niggaz okay. When the smart dog goes to the dog pound, they put him to sleep. Because they don't want that smart dog to teach them other dumb ass dogs nothing. So that's how that goes down.

thaFormula.com - Voting seems to be something that many people disagree on. Does voting matter in your eyes?

Paul Mooney - Voting does change stuff. You just have to get enough people to do it. They wanna get people to feeling that they can't vote. Be a slave to voting or just be a slave.

thaFormula.com - Some people feel though that voting has never done nothing for the the poor communities?

Paul Mooney - That's because those niggaz won't vote and most of those niggaz are felons and that's why we can't have no civil war because half our army is locked up. That's why nigga! They have to have a legalized slavery. They got that now. They spend more money on prisons then they do anything.

thaFormula.com - Were you surprised that a movie like Bamboozled was able to be made in this day and age?

Paul Mooney - I was stunned. You know because those niggaz are all still cooning and that's why they got upset at that movie.

thaFormula.com - How did Spike Lee even approach for you for this movie?

Paul Mooney - Well they screen tested me and they said to me that they wanted me to be a drunk and they want me to talk about Hollywood. So I talked about Spike Lee and that's why I got the movie.

thaFormula.com - I thought it was a great movie, but many people I spoke to hated that movie...

Paul Mooney - Because of the cooning. People don't like to look in the mirror. Look how they went crazy on the Black Comedy Awards when I gave the coon award out. Those niggaz went crazy. They were so scared that they were gonna be up there. They were so happy to see them two niggaz I had up there and that's why they applauded. They were just happy it wasn't them.

thaFormula.com - Who got your award?

Paul Mooney - Cuba Gooding and Michael Clarke Duncan. I turned that muthafucka out. They called and asked me if I would come and be on the show. I said yeah, if I can give out the coon award. They went crazy man. Everyone there was scared to death. I said, the list is so long in Hollywood, we don't have enough time to name the nominees. I said give me the envelope. Oh my god, it's a tie. I drove them niggaz crazy. Snoop Dogg and Little Dogg, and Big Dogg and all the rest of them was on the floor crying.

thaFormula.com - The scene where Damon is surrounded by a room full of white writers for a Black show was hilarious. Is that really how it goes down?

Paul Mooney - All that shit was brilliant brother. That shit was almost a documentary, I loved it. I fucking loved it. I sat in a room and cursed out white writers before and producers behind that bullshit. Thinking these white folks no more about comedy and niggaz then I do, nigga please. But they consider the truth hostile and bitter, but they can say what they wanna say. That white man has the complexion for the protection so he can say whatever he wants to say. He gets away with murder, loses billions of dollars and shit. Well shit happens, let's move on. Let a nigga lose that much money.

thaFormula.com - Now you created Homie the Clown on Living Color right?

Paul Mooney - Oh yeah. I created a whole bunch of shit brother. I created Negrodamus on the Dave Chapelle show and all that shit. I came up with alot of bullshit.

thaFormula.com - How much of In Living Color were you responsible for?

Paul Mooney - Alot of the first season.

thaFormula.com - It's always amazing to me how the realest in the game like yourself never get their due?

Paul Mooney - It's coming brother. I believe in God brother so it's coming. Cream rises to the top. I'm a hurricane and you can't hold a hurricane back.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
ShadowRed said:
By that you mean he's right on.

What exactly is he right about? After reading this, he's a racist piece of shit in my eyes.

ge-man

That was interesting interview, although I understand it's a lot to swallow for many. The stuff about cooning in paticular will piss some people off for sure.

I find it funny that Snoop Doog finds it funny for Cuba and the other guy for being awarded the coon award. He is probably the single most rapper who promotes all negative stereotypes about black people.

AlphaSnake said:
What exactly is he right about? After reading this, he's a racist piece of shit in my eyes.

Really now, interesting. I mean he calls out the state of race for what it is here in the states and he's a racist. Classic.

Fresh Prince said:
I find it funny that Snoop Doog finds it funny for Cuba and the other guy for being awarded the coon award. He is probably the single most rapper who promotes all negative stereotypes about black people.

Well, if you read it again Mooney is saying that people like Snoop was scared that he would have put them on blast.

PM said:
They were so scared that they were gonna be up there. They were so happy to see them two niggaz I had up there and that's why they applauded. They were just happy it wasn't them.

AlphaSnake

Tommie Hu$tle said:
Really now, interesting. I mean he calls out the state of race for what it is here in the states and he's a racist. Classic.

The underlying tone is evident to me. Just like Bill Cosby said it...'a struggling black person or an angry black man will blame the white man for his problems'. Hey, my people didn't enslave blacks, so I'm neutral to the whole thing. I sympathize with blacks, because slavery happened to us Jews as well (and our scenario was worse too...at least 4 million blacks weren't brutally murdered 70 years ago, while another 2 million were held in disgusting captivity).

ShadowRed

Banned
AlphaSnake said:
The underlying tone is evident to me. Just like Bill Cosby said it...'a struggling black person or an angry black man will blame the white man for his problems'. Hey, my people didn't enslave blacks, so I'm neutral to the whole thing. I sympathize with blacks, because slavery happened to us Jews as well (and our scenario was worse too...at least 4 million blacks weren't brutally murdered 70 years ago, while another 2 million were held in disgusting captivity).

Huh worse? Did your people have everything about their culture raped from them and replaced with a servile mentality that made them believe they were inferior and deserving of only slavery and that it was ther fault for it, for over 500 years.

this reminds me of that simpsons episode where homer got apu fired from the kwiki mart, then he is sitting at home watching standup comedy and it goes like this:

Black Comedian: So black guys drive like this "Do do do!" (all sly and smoov) and white guys drive like this "DER DER DERRR!" (all nerdy)

Homer: ha ha ha it's true! we're so lame!

even though i disagree with some of what paul mooney is saying, he is still a funny man

if you change every instance of him saying "white people" to "Black people", you could easily mistake it for the ignorant rantings of a retarded white supremacist.

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
p.s. in before 23049823432 page thread!

black_white_hug.jpg

ge-man

It's hard to quantify the effects of the African disapora, but it's definately not fair to say that the holocaust was more brutal.

Anyway, I don't think Mooney is being racist--he's very blunt but doesn't really degrade any particular group.

AlphaSnake said:

Wow, would you like to put up numbers of how many blacks were killed during the roughly 400 years where blacks were traded as chattel? I'm sure we can make some parity in the first I don't know 100 years or so. But, of course we can only start counting when Blacks were actually considered humans (or at least 3/5 of one). However, tragedy cock waving doesn't solve the problem. I don't see him blaming the white man for all the problems. He is bringing to light that we are barely 40 years out of legalized and instutuionalized racism and subjugation in the United States which exsited since the new world was discovered. Look at the history that surrounds the words that he is saying. It's ugly no doubt but it should get you to thinking why does he believe this is acceptable what conditions make this acceptable.

I will say this that had WWII had not happened then Blacks would still be in the postion that they were in 60 years ago. The Jewish community was very integral in the civil rights movement. They were able to identify with the oppression.

Mooney is just saying what everyone else is scared to say. I agree with most of his points, that doesn't make him or me racisit against white people. It just means that we have eyes and see all the shit that goes on in America. Comparing the Holocaust and Slavery is not a smart comparison in my opinion, the Holocaust went on for years, yet slavery went on for centuries... WTF. I mean dudes, realistically, it's only been 40 or so years since blacks have had 'civil rights' in the country, and another 60 or so years since blacks were enslaved by whites. It's not something that you can just say, "oh I'll forget that!" You can forgive, but it's harder to forget.

And yes, those of you who choose not to believe that racism is JUST as strong as it was 40 years ago need to open your eyes. Like Mooney said, it's concealed, but still very prevelant. I got love for anybody that got love for me, regardless of skin color, but don't get mad cuz somone says what is sadly true in a lot of instances. A lot of people are in denail about the whole situation.

That being said, not a lot of good can come from this thread.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Tommie Hu$tle said:
However, tragedy cock waving doesn't solve the problem.
That's the only reason I haven't blasted Alpha for that unbelievably stupid comment. Christ, what sort of a person would that make me if said, "Hey, I didn't gas any Jews, so I'm neutral to the whole thing". It must be very nice to be able to enjoy that neutrality. A luxury not all of us can afford, unfortunately.

Tommie Hu$tle said:
The Jewish community was very integral in the civil rights movement. They were able to identify with the oppression.
Which is why I was so pissed when Ice Cube got hooked up with Khalid Muhammad in the early 90's - basically providing a green light for that brand of anti-Semitism and ignoring the bedrock support that Jews provided during the civil rights struggle. Not to mention leaving a bad taste on one of the seminal rap albums in the genre's history.

AlphaSnake

bishoptl said:
That's the only reason I haven't blasted Alpha for that unbelievably stupid comment. Christ, what sort of a person would that make me if said, "Hey, I didn't gas any Jews, so I'm neutral to the whole thing". It must be very nice to be able to enjoy that neutrality. A luxury not all of us can afford, unfortunately.

Whoah, whoah. You're taking my words out of context. I'm just going to completely bow out of this thread altogether. I had wanted to edit my initial post, because I know damn well shit like this on GA never ends well.

while I find mooney funny, he just goes way too overboard with it alot....he is str8 up the stereotypical paranoid 5percenter type with all the conspiracy theories...like the whole eddie murphy and the mule thing....sorry...he was smokin some trees to get to that subliminol message.

I agreed with some of his points like the thing with the "black panthers" and the "cooning"

but...some of it is just some overboard bullshit...and tupac and biggie aint get killed by the police....lol...thats that whole bullshit conspiracy theory thing going on again...we all know Suge is the one who got pac killed......and i dont really agree with his whole "niggaz" thing.

chris rock > mooney

like my man chris said..."there are black men....and then there are niggaz"

JeffDowns said:
And yes, those of you who choose not to believe that racism is JUST as strong as it was 40 years ago need to open your eyes. Like Mooney said, it's concealed, but still very prevelant. I got love for anybody that got love for me, regardless of skin color, but don't get mad cuz somone says what is sadly true in a lot of instances. A lot of people are in denail about the whole situation.

Pfft.....racism is still alive yes...but its NOTHING like it was 40 years ago and to think so is fucking absurd.

peace

Fixed2BeBroken said:
I agreed with some of his points...

but...some of it is just some overboard bullshit...

I don't agree with everything he says but, I do agree with the main topic of what he is saying.

Fixed2BeBroken said:
Pfft.....racism is still alive yes...but its NOTHING like it was 40 years ago and to think so is fucking absurd.

peace

No its not outright terrorism because it is easy to trace, it's illegal, and for the most part the police arent hand and hand with the criminals that are commiting the crimes. But, the rules of racism have changed because there are so many more racial variables than there were 40 years ago. However, if you look at education, life expententancyy, marriage rates, health care, among other things even with 40 years of "equality" blacks still rank dead last. This is the ramifications of racism in the US. It's not overt it's very sublime and is so deeply ingraned in the culture that the superclasses can't even recognize it.

And yes, those of you who choose not to believe that racism is JUST as strong as it was 40 years ago need to open your eyes.

uh, what the balls? come on man. say what you will about america, but a lot of progress has been made in the past 40 years in regards to racism and sexism and so on. there's no doubt there is still racism in america and throughout the world, but to say it is JUST AS STRONG now as it was 40 years ago is a little ridiculous. yes, the KKK is just as racist as it was 40 years ago, but our country as a whole is a hell of a lot less racist than it was 40 years ago, and if you can't see that you need to open your eyes

Fixed2BeBroken said:

peace
You're kidding me right? OF COURSE it's nothing like it was 40 years ago, because back then, motherfuckers weren't scared to be racist. Everyone was doing it out in the public. Now that shit is covert, and underground. But if you don't beieve that there are JUST as many racists now as there was 40 years ago, you're the one that has an absurd way of thinking. I see more racist shit on the internet -- a place were you're supposedly anonymous -- in one day than I expereince in a whole year in day to day life. Hell, just go to this forum's alter-ego and you can witness racism at its finest! I've gotten tons of racists e-mails, and I've played online games filled with racist people. Of course it's not the same, but it's still just as strong. If you don't believe that, then you need to wake up from your deepsleep.

pnjtony

Ummm....keep in mind that he IS a comedian and maybe some of that shit was half tongue-in-cheek? Taking everything he said at face-value is like The Daily Show as your only course for news. It's comedy even if he's trying to be a little serious.

Tommie Hu$tle said:
No its not outright terrorism because it illegal. But, the rules of racism have changed because there are so many more racial variables than there were 40 years ago. However, if you look at education, life expententancyy, marriage rates, health care, among other things even with 40 years of "equality" blacks still rank dead last. This is the ramifications of racism in the US. It's not overt it's very sublime and is so deeply ingraned in the culture that the superclasses can't even recognize it.

i dont know about all that.....sounds like thats from the pessimistic view....

i side with the optimistic

for instance...what chris rock said (who i side with on many many issues which is why he is my favorite comedian)

"maybe if we didnt spend all our money on Rims...then maybe we'd have some wealth"
"im talking about wealth...not rich"

or like krs said..

"the rich get richer, cause they work towards rich, the poor get poorer, cause thier mind cant switch, from the ghetto, let go, its not a novelty....you can love your neighborhood without loving poverty"
"the rich are gettin richer, so why we aint richer....could it be...we still thinkin like niggaz?"

you can change your own mentality on things....but it depends on you and your will power. I know more than enough people who've overcome everything and they arent "cooned" out.

JeffDowns said:
You're kidding me right? OF COURSE it's nothing like it was 40 years ago, because back then, motherfuckers weren't scared to be racist. Everyone was doing it out in the public. Now that shit is covert, and underground. But if you don't beieve that there are JUST as many racists now as there was 40 years ago, you're the one that has an absurd way of thinking. I see more racist shit on the internet -- a place were you're supposedly anonymous -- in one day than I expereince in a whole year in day to day life. Hell, just go to this forum's alter-ego and you can witness racism at its finest! I've gotten tons of racists e-mails, and I've played online games filled with racist people. Of course it's not the same, but it's still just as strong. If you don't believe that, then you need to wake up from your deepsleep.

i believe someone said...

JeffDowns said:
And yes, those of you who choose not to believe that racism is JUST as strong as it was 40 years ago need to open your eyes.

you can throw around this "concealed" shit all you want but you aint gotta go down the street worrying about getting sprayed by fire hoses and what not...hence it AINT as strong as it was 40 years ago....

and yea there are alot of white people that are still racists these days...but there are alotta black folks that are racist as fuck as well.....i hate the whole "blame it on them" mentality...its such a cheap cop out...

one thing to mention, as the future goes on.....the better it gets cause there is much less racism amongst the younger crowd than there is the older......and the younger generation is the future.

peace

All I'm saying is that of course you're not going to believe it's just as strong when you don't see it. There's a lot of shit out there that you may not know about or expereince, but it still carry's a lot of weight. To put it simple, if you haven't expereinced it then you're probably less likely to agree with me. I think it's just as strong.

Now, if you would have asked me 5-10 years ago, I'd say hell yeah we've made a LOT of progress. But now, my eyes have been opened. I know a lot of people, whites, blacks, asians who are undercover racists. I mean, they HATE other people because of their skin color, but they keep it to themselves. I'm not saying only white's are racists, I'm saying racism as a whole is just as strong.

now that i will agree with. i misunderstood what you had posted. there are still many racists, and like you said those pussies at opa-age would never talk that kind of shit in public to various racial groups.

classic example: i was at work a couple weeks ago. this trucker looking dude comes in and is asking me where to find something. then he goes off on this rant about how he can't find a job because mexicans (he didnt use the word mexicans, he used ethnic slurs the whole time) were taking all of the jobs here. obviously i just had to listen to him jibber jabber but what a crock of shit. i think some people would be surprised at the amount of racism still around, however "non-threatening" and discreet it maybe

pnjtony said:
Ummm....keep in mind that he IS a comedian and maybe some of that shit was half tongue-in-cheek? Taking everything he said at face-value is like The Daily Show as your only course for news. It's comedy even if he's trying to be a little serious.

Tis' true. :lol

FrenchMovieTheme said:
now that i will agree with. i misunderstood what you had posted. there are still many racists, and like you said those pussies at opa-age would never talk that kind of shit in public to various racial groups.

classic example: i was at work a couple weeks ago. this trucker looking dude comes in and is asking me where to find something. then he goes off on this rant about how he can't find a job because mexicans (he didnt use the word mexicans, he used ethnic slurs the whole time) were taking all of the jobs here. obviously i just had to listen to him jibber jabber but what a crock of shit. i think some people would be surprised at the amount of racism still around, however "non-threatening" and discreet it maybe

Yep, your example is a textbook example. No one was around that he thought would have been offended, so he felt comfy displaying his views.

Fixed2BeBroken said:
i dont know about all that.....sounds like thats from the pessimistic view....

I tend to be pessimistic when it comes to issues of race. The culture is so ingraned that I don't have a real reason to be positive about it.

Tommie Hu$tle said:
For some reason I don't think Mooney would care who is around. He has been writing jokes for 30+ years from Pryor to Murphy to Chappelle. So...

No I'm talking about dude's comments above about mexicans...Mooney is just Mooney. And like said he's a controversial comedian who eats off the heated discussions that he creates. You all may think he's racist, and he may be racist to a certain extent, but a lot of the shit he says is true.

To tell the truth, although I'd love for there to be peace on earth or whatever, I'd prefer to know if a person is racist than not. The people who conceal their true feelings are the ones who are dangerous. The people that you go out with, eat lunch with, talk to on a daily basis, those are the people who are dangerous if they're hiding their true feelings. It's like comparing a straight up boxing match, to somone coming up from behind you and punching you in the back of the head. Covert racism is sneaky and frightening.

fart

Savant
if i didn't already respect the FUCK out of him for in living color, i would definitely respect him now. while i don't agree with absolutely everything he says, there just aren't enough people with the activist spirit these days, and ultimately, the world just hasn't moved much from the days of the civil rights movement. the best of the activists were either murdered or shouted over, and it's still the same goddamn people who have the money and power.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Fresh Prince said:
Seeing the world as us vs them isn't exactly harmonious isn't?

Yep I misundertood what he meant.

Dude, you should know what he's talkin bout! Streets is mean in West Philadelphia where you was born and raised, on the playground is where you spent most of your days...

you know how it goes. Streets is talkin. If streets is Paul Mooney's new name.

"America is really IAMRACE."

Lets see you fuck around and turn "Amerci". Uh oh... it says ICERAM!!! holy shit! That's why Bush left the Kyoto Treaty... its in our nature to support global warming! FUCK YEAH!!!

If you people really want a dignified opinion on the social state of minorities across America, make a concerted effort to see people like Al Sharpton who have been fighting the system their entire lives.

masud

Banned
Do I agree with Mooney? No. But I try not to pass judgment on the opinions of any black person over 40. I would probably feel the same way if I had seen the things that he saw.

I still remember seeing some of Paul Mooney's stuff back in the day (when he was big in the black comedian circles, before the days of Def Comdey Jam and Comic View). He still the same now as he was then. While I may not agree with EVERYTHING he says, he has some valid points. It's just hard to gauage if he's being 'tongue in cheek' or serious, but he's very good at getting his point across. I think many find his verbage to be offensive because of his direct nature and tone (i.e. many just don't want to listen to an angry black man justified or no), but he puts it on the table in plain speech and that's one thing I've always liked about him. He's not afriad to mince words and have some serious dialogue. Just like back in the day when the general populace thought that Redd Foxx was the cute little old man from Sanford and Son, then goe check out his Las Vegas act and be offended by his material. Not knowing that Redd had been doing this stuff for decades on party records. I like Mooney because he saying stuff that a lot of younger people (regardless of race) need to here and introspect on. Get thier heads out of all this illusional pop culture crap (i.e. atheletes, Survivor, fake gansta rap, American Idol, MTV, CSI and other nonsense that provides no value to thinking past the next dream of 15 minutes of fame and fortune in the lifestyles of the rich and famous).

I'd pay big money just to see him on Fox News or on something like the Bill O'reilly show, just to see him tear into that demographic. The truth of the matter is that many just don't want to listen to what he says becuase there's some truth to it, and he's just way too imflammatory to the current populace that want to believe that everything is fine, things have gotten better, while they stick thier heads in the sand and ignore the problem that's been plaging this country since it's birth. Not saying that you have to agree with the man, but you can understand his perspective without a stretch of the imagination.

I normally don't jump into threads like this, but unless you've seen or heard a lot of Paul Mooney's material, you just won't get it from just reading over the link to the thread posted above. My $0.02...

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
please tell me I did not see a tragedy pissing contest in this thread.

EDIT:
Tommie Hu$tle said:
tragedy cock waving
Ahhh. I like this description betterr anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom