• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pavlov - Announcement Trailer | PS VR2 Games

Ronin_7

hope this $20 steam title isn't $70 on PS5.
Drink Reaction GIF by Laff

Crayon

Well, that's a big one for launch. I am usually not into this sort of thing, but I've seen such hilarious videos of Pavlov that I might try to check it out. It seems surprisingly social..

Game is amazing on PC. Hope for the love of god that they have cross-play with PC because this will be a fantastic injection of life/playerbase for the PC version. (They made an obviously downgraded standalone version of the game for the Oculus Quest that has a much higher player count and gets more love from the devs.)

Either way, if you are getting a PSVR2, this is a no brainer pick up.

Last edited:
Game is amazing on PC. Hope for the love of god that they have cross-play with PC because this will be a fantastic injection of life/playerbase for the PC version. (They made an obviously downgraded standalone version of the game for the Oculus Quest that has a much higher player count and gets more love from the devs.)

Either way, if you are getting a PSVR2, this is a no brainer pick up.

Is there a sp campaign or mp only? What’s so great about it?

Is there a sp campaign or mp only? What’s so great about it?
There's just mp, whether pvp or coop. It feels the best of all of the VR shooters that I've tried. My only real complaint is that there isn't a button that you can use to crouch. I have to play sitting down most of the time and I can't grab things (weapons) off of the floor. If they could just steal the way Contractors handles crouching (down on both thumbsticks) it would be perfect.

But back to the game--it's just a blast. The weapons feel absolutely amazing and look great. The base maps are very good but the community maps have some insane stuff. I hope they don't neuter that aspect of the game but could see them doing it because of all the ip in there. I'll never forget the first time I loaded into a lobby that was playing a McDonald's map. I got killed pretty quickly by fucking Ronald McDonald and was laughing my ass off, asking if anybody else saw that and then respawned and realized that not only was it a custom map, a McDonald's restaurant with surrounding parking lot, but also custom skins and I was on the Burger King team where we were all the Burger King, fighting a team that was all Ronald McDonald. Just glad I was on team BK. Was hilarious to see Ronalds getting wasted, cut in half by shotguns, etc and I laughed the entire time.

I've had trouble getting some of the other shooters to work well since I have a less popular WMR headset but Pavlov just works and works well. PSVR people are gonna be in for a treat. I just hope they don't overcharge for it as I think it's usually $25 on Steam but I got it for like $10 in a sale a while back. Absolutely worth $25-30 if you ask me.

SLB1904

Banned
There's just mp, whether pvp or coop. It feels the best of all of the VR shooters that I've tried. My only real complaint is that there isn't a button that you can use to crouch.
Funny you mentioned that, because scrolling through twitter I've seen someone saying that in psvr2 trailer they showed crouching. I guess o need to watch again because that's something I wouldn't know

Edit: yep 30 sec In the video. Was that possible before?

Last edited:
Funny you mentioned that, because scrolling through twitter I've seen someone saying that in psvr2 trailer they showed crouching. I guess o need to watch again because that's something I wouldn't know

Edit: yep 30 sec In the video. Was that possible before?

Yeah, if you play standing up you just physically bend down to crouch.

I have my virtual floor adjusted so that while I am playing sitting down, I am fairly normal height in the game and it breaks that mechanic.

If I set the floor as it really is, it breaks the ability to lower your gun (which you have to do to sprint).

It's more of a wish for me and maybe there's a work around out there somewhere that I just don't know about but it's not that big of a deal.

Super excited at the prospect of PC cross-play! Welcome PSVR brothers!

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

Yeah, if you play standing uo you just physically bend down to crouch.

I have my virtual floor adjusted so that while I am playing sitting down, I am fairly normal height in the game and it breaks that mechanic.

If I set the floor as it really is, it breaks the ability to lower your gun (which you have to do to sprint).

It's more of a wish for me and maybe there's a work around out there somewhere that I just don't know about but it's not that big of a deal.

Super excited at the prospect of PC cross-play! Welcome PSVR brothers!
Evil devs...
I can't play games standing, I'm old and have a bad left knee!
With Sony 1st party pushing so much for accessibility, they should try to convince 3rd parties to do the same on ps5/psvr2 games.

Droxcy

PC Crossplay and Mod support needed. It'd give me the will to recreate more socom maps for the game once the UE5 modkit drops.

Evil devs...
I can't play games standing, I'm old and have a bad left knee!
With Sony 1st party pushing so much for accessibility, they should try to convince 3rd parties to do the same on ps5/psvr2 games.

Yup, old here and all kinds of injuries that make standing for very long pretty painful. I know that there are others out there who want to see a button for crouch so hopefully it'll happen. Honestly though, it's not the worst thing in the world. I have had so much fun even with that restriction. Funny enough I like it so much that I just got a Protube the other day and have been testing it out in Pavlov. I just got the basic one but I bet the haptic recoil add on is awesome so maybe later I'll add that.

BuddyLaDouche

Neo Member
After the couple hours I just played...

It's THE VR2 launch game to buy.
It might be my GOTY.

It is THAT fun.
100% agree with this. This is an incredibly fun game that has way more depth than you'd expect in terms of weapons and how you interact with them.
My only hope is that they improve the directional sound. Your own footsteps can sound like they're 10ft away and that can throw you off.

AGRacing

I have to bump this thread and say despite having Horizon, GT7 , etc.... I can't stop booting this game up.

For me this is the best launch title for PSVR2. Hands down.

The "community" has been a blast to play with the last few nights. Lots of mics. Lots of laughs. Hilarious kills are common.

People frantically learning how to load guns while someone is around the corner. Watching your buddy make a bad grenade toss off a wall into you. It's hilarious.

But you get better fast. You learn how to load the different guns and then you remember the next time you spawn with that gun. You learn to grab your knife out of desperation.

PLEASE do NOT skip this game if you're a fan of shooters. I wasn't even going to buy PSVR2 and grabbing this game was a complete accident .... But it's been the most fun I've had gaming in years.

Add me if you're playing. PSN : Feisar

I have to bump this thread and say despite having Horizon, GT7 , etc.... I can't stop booting this game up.

The "community" has been a blast to play with the last few nights. Lots of mics. Lots of laughs. Hilarious kills are common.

People frantically learning how to load guns while someone is around the corner. Watching your buddy make a bad grenade toss off a wall into you. It's hilarious.

But you get better fast. You learn how to load the different guns and then you remember the next time you spawn with that gun. You learn to grab your knife out of desperation.

PLEASE do NOT skip this game if you're a fan of shooters. I wasn't even going to buy PSVR2 and grabbing this game was a complete accident .... But it's been the most fun I've had gaming in years.

Glad you're enjoying it, it is absolutely addictive isn't it?
I've had too much work the past couple of weeks but this weekend is looking good to jump back in for me. Can't wait.

When all those VR newcomers realize that this game and VR in general is plagued by obnoxious laud children...

antonio banderas hispanic heritage month GIF

That's more of a Quest thing and there is a separate version of this game for the Quest that massively cuts down on the number of annoying kids in this game.

Only if you are not getting dizzy when the character moves in VR.

I meant to also respond to this. So I have a number of things that make it much easier to play games sitting rather than standing and one thing I've found is that it really cuts down on the amount of motion sickness while seated. I mean I love playing flying games and pushing as far as I can till I feel it in my stomach but with shooters when I stand I'm fine as long as my movements line up with my body (talking about using sticks) but once they get off it gets hairy. Sitting down completely eliminates that for me. Granted once I make more space in my room that has my gaming PC, I want to try playing standing up more. Just have some old injuries that don't let me do it long.

K2D

Banned
When will this be localized, or more importantly: fuck whoever came up with these localization laws..!

BuddyLaDouche

Neo Member

A COMPLETE ACCIDENT!?!??!

RaySoft

To bad this wasn't a ww launch. It's not available in Scandinavia at least. If I change the PS store to UK, I can find it, but I can only wishlist it, not buy it:-(
It's comming to the scandinavian markets in march.

Last edited:

Darko

I think I’ll get this.. I was put off by the gun reloading but if everyone is struggling with it like I am I can deal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom