• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's on your game wishlist/wait for sale?

Chastten

Banned
When it comes to games? Nothing. Games are cheap enough to buy them whenever I want.

Hardware-wise though, I'm kinda hoping for the Xbox Series S to come down under €200 again next month. I've been wanting to replay Panzer Dragoon Orta for a while now, but don't feel like hooking up my original Xbox or Xbox 360, and I'm not paying 300 for a console that I'll barely ever use.

King Dazzar

Red Dead Redemption on PS4. Simply because of the 4k 60fps option. Everyday I fight the itch to pay the current £40 extortionate price!

Spyxos

Gold Member
I want to get FF16. But I still have so many huge games I haven't finished. Otherwise I'm excited for this Avatar game i hope it's not a total disaster.

Last edited:
I have a ton of games I'm waiting on a sale for. I could get them all now, but they'd just fall into my deep backlog, and by the time I'd get around to them they would be on sale, so I'd be an idiot to buy them all now.

Holammer

Currently I have 412 items on my Steam wishlist. Anything that's interesting gets put there.
There's everything from full price triple A to dirt cheap indies. One of the games is Far Away, still waiting for an English translation. It's a VN with choices and it looks pretty good (98% User score).

SHA

Skyrim anniversary edition, I just kept delaying since forever, actually, I save precious games for bad times, I just don't trust modern contents.

I currently have 895 games on my Steam wishlist. Back when it started, it was more wait for a summer sale and see what's got a good discount. Now it's more a case of 75% off, still not enticing. My backlog goes back to the original PlayStation and isn't getting any better. The list now has become more keep an eye on it, but 95% of it is not something I would go out of my way to actually buy.

T-Cake

Steam wishlist is about 300 items but there's only thing I absolutely desire right at this moment - Sackboy on PC for £30 or less. Shouldn't have to wait too long, it's never been full price for more than a couple of months at a time. So it will probably be Steam autumn sale time.

tommib

Red Dead Redemption on PS4. Simply because of the 4k 60fps option. Everyday I fight the itch to pay the current £40 extortionate price!
Lowercase to not trigger the haters too much. I bought it last week to try on my PS5 at full price and I have to say it looks glorious. Do fight the urge but you'll be in for a treat, honestly.

bender

What time is it?
Red Dead Redemption, RE4 DLC, and Akai Katana Shin on PSN. I just cleared five games off my Steam wishlist with the Halloween sale.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Looking to grab TLOU PT1 This black Friday. Maybe Returnal.

Dead Space was on the list, but it's on Gamepass so that was a nice surprise.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Right now I only have a handful of Switch games on my wish list. Space Invaders Invincible Collection, Tetris Effect: Connected and Streets of Rage 4. Waiting on a sale do double dip on the last two. Space Invaders collection being 60 bucks is crazy

I use steam wishlist to track upcoming games that will later release on console and also some older PC only releases (have around 20 games in there).
PSN for various digital only games/editions/DLC.
And the bulk of my wishlist consists in physical games (Switch, PS4 and PS5) I want to buy for my collection later down the road (have around 200 - 300 currently in there).

Oh and I'm making steady progress with that big ~300 titles wishlist as this year alone I've bought 180 physical games. :D

Last edited:

tommib

Last one I added to the PSN Wishlist is A Space for the Unbound:

Looks adorable:

spacefortheunbound.jpg

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
RDR PS4
Dead Space 2023
Re4 (on disc, already played it)
Jedi survivor
MGS Master collection
AC Valhalla
LA Noire
Control ultimate edition
Alan wake remastered

Control is $10 for ultimate edition steam. Go ahead and enjoy.

I’m waiting to pick up MGS collection until modders fix it up , and if I get impatient I’ll just get mgs3 only on ps5 instead.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I really really want to play Mario Wonder but I’m not really waiting for sale, I’m waiting for less busy month.….we are getting stupid amount of games….I’m still not sure what the fuck I’m gonna do this Feb when lot of big ass RPGs coming out so close to each other.

Last one I added to the PSN Wishlist is A Space for the Unbound:

Looks adorable:

spacefortheunbound.jpg

Haven't played it but the pixel art is really gorgeous and seems that the publisher is the same as the one behind Coffee Talk 1 & 2 which I'm planning to play next month. I've added it to my wishlist and will probably grab it next year once it releases physically on Switch as it comes with additional goodies. :D

ASUB_Glamshot_AllPack_SE_1024x1024.png

Aion002

Fate/Samurai, Remnant 2, Spiderman 2 and Alan Wake 2.

They all seems really cool, but my backlog is too big right now so I rather wait for a big sale.

I am almost finishing Ghost of Tsushima DLC and then I will have to finish Armored Core 6, Horizon 2, GoW Ragnarok and other games.

cormack12

Gold Member
Currently I have 412 items on my Steam wishlist. Anything that's interesting gets put there.
There's everything from full price triple A to dirt cheap indies. One of the games is Far Away, still waiting for an English translation. It's a VN with choices and it looks pretty good (98% User score).

That is a really unfortunate place for that blurb to cutoff, lmao

i3yelUA.jpg

Roberts

Just looked at my xbox wishlist and, oops, the list has gotten quite long lately so I will only mentioned a few here:

Armored Core 6 - I like From Software a lot but I'm not sure this is my kind of a game. Will get it when it drops to 20-35 EUR
Under The Waves - it looked kind of interesting but there is no way I am going to pay more than 15 EUR for it
The DioField Chronicle - It looked interesting but in general JRPGs don't really do it for me so I will wait when it is super cheap.
Dead Island 2 - I loved the first one and the way you could explore the island but somehow not in the rush to get a more linear sequel even after the good reviews. 25 EUR maybe.
Hogwarts - Not a fan of HP at all and all its lore bores me to tears but I totally believe it is a great game. I will at least try it when it drops to 35 or so.
Evil West - Never pay more than 20 for games like this.

Sleepwalker

Control is $10 for ultimate edition steam. Go ahead and enjoy.

I’m waiting to pick up MGS collection until modders fix it up , and if I get impatient I’ll just get mgs3 only on ps5 instead.
Unfortunately regarding Control, I got scammed way back on cdkeys, got the ultimate edition and they sent me a code for the base game, the base game registers as ultimate edition on steam but won't actually have the DLC, I cant buy the DLC either unless I get a season pass code from humble or something lol. Its a shitshow

Lunarorbit

Spiderman 2,signalis, code vein, baldurs gate, wasteland 3, RE4, and cult of the lamb. All of this is Playstation store.

Just saw that Catherine full body and onimusha are both on sale. Might snag those now.

drotahorror

When it comes to games? Nothing. Games are cheap enough to buy them whenever I want.

Hardware-wise though, I'm kinda hoping for the Xbox Series S to come down under €200 again next month. I've been wanting to replay Panzer Dragoon Orta for a while now, but don't feel like hooking up my original Xbox or Xbox 360, and I'm not paying 300 for a console that I'll barely ever use.
bruh...

drotahorror

Shockingly, I can fit all this in one screenshot. I usually can't but I went through and deleted some shit. I also just preordered Helldivers 2 so it's not on my wishlist anymore

E2JUj6n.jpg

Dthomp

I just bit on $40 Dead Space remake from BB, but I'm still waiting on a good digital Street Fighter 6 PS5 sale, and hoping for a 20-30 dollar BF deal on Dead Island 2.

Otherwise my wishlists are just indie things that I don't think are worth the full prices that many are still sitting on the console side.

El Muerto

I got like 95 games on my wishlist on Steam. Mainly waiting for No More Heroes 1+2 to drop at least to 50%, lowest was 30% off. Also waiting for Octopath Traveler to hit $20. These Japanese developers are getting stingy.

Arsic

Unfortunately regarding Control, I got scammed way back on cdkeys, got the ultimate edition and they sent me a code for the base game, the base game registers as ultimate edition on steam but won't actually have the DLC, I cant buy the DLC either unless I get a season pass code from humble or something lol. Its a shitshow
I’m confused then. Thread is about games on your wishlist/wait for sale. If you own it then why is it on the list? Or if you are waiting for a “deal” then this is it.

Or play on ps5 ultimate PSN or whatever because it’s free on there with the service.

Sleepwalker

I’m confused then. Thread is about games on your wishlist/wait for sale. If you own it then why is it on the list? Or if you are waiting for a “deal” then this is it.

Or play on ps5 ultimate PSN or whatever because it’s free on there with the service.
The whole thing is that I cant buy it on steam because it says that I own it already, but I don't. So I cant buy this deal.

Arsic

The whole thing is that I cant buy it on steam because it says that I own it already, but I don't. So I cant buy this deal.

What about gog.com ? It’s $9.99 on there too. Epic has base game for $7 and each dlc for $2.

EDMIX

I'd say on Steam, my wishlist is

System Shock remake
ATOM RPG
Alan Wake 2
Medieval Dynasty

and a few others.

Sethbacca

I'm thinking Jedi : Survivor will be $20ish on black friday, other than that i'm good until FF7:Rebirth comes out.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Super Mario Wonder. I only budget so much for games per year. May look inexpensive but budgets be budgets. Also curious to see how the next Mario Party turns out but that's TBD

Bkdk

Nothing much to play soon for me. Next will be the 2 yakuza games, then rogue trader, persona 3 reload, granblue fantasy, ff7 rebirth, homeworld 3, stellar blade. Might play stalker 2 and avowed, fable 3, depending how moddable they are and how open the game world is and how much real choices, customization they have. Then starfield, bg3 expansions, modded playthroughs. If cities skylines 2 could be fixed and have robust mods, then that too. Already delayed upgrading my pc as there really isn't much to be played for upcoming releases. Likely play mobile gacha again soon for artstyle that suits me more, especially char designs.

I've only got Pavlov and The Last of Us Pt. I on my PS wishlist. Looking to pad it out a bit. I generally use it to get notifies for price drops.

Considering adding Lords of the Fallen to it........what's on yours gaf?
I use the wishlist exactly as you describe on any platform that has one, it’s a sales tracker essentially. Just put anything you think you might be interested in on your wishlist. I usually have an idea of what I’ll be willing to pay for a game, and then just wait until the price on screen matches the price in your head. Ezpz.

Top Bottom