• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX East 2012 Thread

played sonic 4 episode 2, whoa poor sonic, i thought it would have been like sonic generations but i was left slightly disappointed.

lol but awww at a little kid playing and struggling for 10-20 minutes, he moved when sonic did

bleh i am gonna go back later to get a far cry 3 mohawk haircut, guy kept saying come back in 30 minutes , i hope i dont miss out on getting a free game

adam :( where are you, are you a ghost :O , make a special GAF time at 4 pm for us to play :D

also, what the fuck at opening the main front doors at 10:30 am, me and my bro had to go all the way around and wait in a special section to get in lol

Finally got to play borderlands 2 after a 2 hour wait. Shirts ran out just as we got in :( But yeah, awesome awesome awesome. I'm going to lose so many hours over this games

no more shirts :( *skips playing borderlands 2* ;)

i must get in when i go back at 4/5 pm , i want to stay til the end cause i wonder if they will dump everything, give me all the sonic and tails avatar codes please :D

So any word on whether or not that crazy dude showed up?

That Ocean Markettting guy?

From what I read on Twitter, he said he was there by posting pictures from inside the convention center but people called BS on it since it could've been anyone taking the pictures.

Also, the entrance were plastered with his photo from what I read but he said he had a 'great' costume to fool everyone.

Then he went roid rage on twitter and told that if anyone tried to touch him, he woud KO them or something.

Shadow780

Last panel (retronauts) before heading back to nyc.

Best thing about PaxEast? 1. Actual cell reception throughout the floor. 2 Parking!

Patryn

Towards end of Gearbox line. This time I am NOT leaving the line after screwing myself at Prime. Hope there's enough pizza. GF has headache and is craving pizza.

Fjordson

Had such an awesome time yesterday. Played Max Payne 3 which was easily the highlight of the show. Talked to a super nice dev and got a ton of Rockstar gear. That game is GOTY contender material, dudes. Also met Mega64 and got my badge signed by Rocco/Shaun/Derrick. Shaun has got to be the nicest dude on the face of the earth.
Man...I'm jealous. Sounds like Max Payne 3 had a good showing.

And was Garrett also there from Mega64?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Man...I'm jealous. Sounds like Max Payne 3 had a good showing.

And was Garrett also there from Mega64?
Gots? More like DUST.

Also I replayed max payne 3 because of the positive impressions.

Short version:
PC-Everything is great. Systems work great. Everything was explained to me as I played unlike the first time. Telling me controls does not mean you are qualified to showcase a game (black lady)
Xbox-Has issues with gunplay due to deadzone, inertia, and step movement + ai that moves around often. ON TOP OF INPUT DELAY

Impressions are from 2 days, one of 360 playthrough, two pc levels, then playing 360 again to confirm these issues.
Had a guy take me into the back room :D

Patryn

Looking like once again I won't be making Gearbox. My GF is really not feeling great, so I think we'll bail. I hope you guys enjoy the panel, and I'm sorry Gearbox people that I had to miss it.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Does anyone know if any of the major panels not directly associated with a game have streams out there?

I'm looking for the Plot versus Play by Levine, Gaider, and Avellone specifically, but I haven't been able to find any streams of it yet.

Mechromancer class coming to borderlands 2 as free dlc for preorders. Within 90 days of launch. Showed concept art a redheaded female with robitic appendages and a cool looking pic of her "DE47 7RAP"

Thousand of character customization options from "skins" and "heads". Weapons and other items show on character model.

Free character skin and head, for each class, if you played borderlands. I assume they would give you the characters from the first game, but who knows.

$60 for game. $100 comes with marcus bobblehead. $150 comes in loot case.

omegathon finale is Crokinole. Holy freaking shit hahahahah

OH man. I can wreck people at crokinole!

jaques-crokinole-board-game-55cm-deluxe.jpg

5amshift

Banned
img0040ts.jpg

img0041tp.jpg

My perverted amount of Max Payne 3 pick ups from PAX! Had to work hard with Bella for her to give me the Rockstar logo made of bullets shirt, but it worked. ;)

-PXG-

Next year, some of you need to open up and hang out with us. Don't be shy.

This was my first PAX. Definitely going back next year. Amazing weekend, great games and kick ass people.

Next year, some of you need to open up and hang out with us. Don't be shy.

This was my first PAX. Definitely going back next year. Amazing weekend, great games and kick ass people.

I will next year. I hope to be able to get a 3 day pass too. Sadly this year I had to be gone by 8:00 plus I'm not 21 yet so where is the fun there? lol. All of this will be fixed next year though!!!

RIPAX "see you all next year" :(

haha played with the nintendo people in 8 person mario kart local MP races at the end of the day, was awesome B^) got 2nd overall in some close races.

no far cry 3 mohawk hair cut, bummer and couldn't get lots of swag and free stuff at the end, was hoping to get infinite stuff :p

Fjordson

img0040ts.jpg

img0041tp.jpg

My perverted amount of Max Payne 3 pick ups from PAX! Had to work hard with Bella for her to give me the Rockstar logo made of bullets shirt, but it worked. ;)
Damn, fucking swag get. That's awesome.

Had someone there snag me a Max Paybe shirt, but that's it =[

Top Bottom