• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX West 2017 Attendees Thread

Cheers to krae_man and others for organising these meetups, threads and badge-on-sale alerts...!

Here's a picture of the meetup from last year:

fXhGr6um.jpg

zMCYEmpl.jpg

(The chap with the shit-eating grin and Giant Bomb cap is me!)

Was lovely hanging out with you all last year and I'm gutted I can't be there again next month. Maybe after I graduate I can return...although perhaps I'll be too far into auld git territory... :p

I'd highly recommend those going to PAX go to the meetup! You will find Good People and it's a cool bar (who had a barman from Ayrshire, funnily enough!)

Enjoy your PAX, everyone :)

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Well, I live in Seattle now, so no excuses.

I have tickets for the entirety of PAX West & PAX Dev. I'm definitely going to be at PAX Dev both days, and I'll probably be at PAX itself most of Thurs-Mon, but I might burn out a bit and take a breather.

As always, thanks to krae_man for organizing these meetups. Looking forward to seeing new & familiar faces this year!

krae_man

Well, I live in Seattle now, so no excuses.

I have tickets for the entirety of PAX West & PAX Dev. I'm definitely going to be at PAX Dev both days, and I'll probably be at PAX itself most of Thurs-Mon, but I might burn out a bit and take a breather.

As always, thanks to krae_man for organizing these meetups. Looking forward to seeing new & familiar faces this year!

You're more then welcome.

Also. Bioshock 10th anniversary Party:

For the BioShock 10th Anniversary, we're throwing a rapturous party at PAX. Stay tuned for details on our big fan celebration! #BioShock10

https://twitter.com/bioshock

Edit: More Bio Shock Party info:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/biosho...o-the-rapture-at-pax-west-tickets-37136256543

Welcome back to Rapture, Seattle!

2K and IGN invite you to celebrate BioShock's 10th Anniversary as we transform The Great Hall into the ultimate BioShock Party, truly bringing Rapture to life!

Join us for a night of themed food and drinks, live music from killer DJ Krista Childs, real-life Splicers, Big Daddy and Little Sister statues, incredible photo moments and much more.

Additionally, the party will feature the ultimate BioShock Cosplay Contest hosted by IGN's very own Brian Altano and Alanah Pearce. Come dressed to impress in your sharpest BioShock looks and get ready to showcase your ultimate runway walk for a chance to win some amazing prizes. All BioShock cosplay is welcome and highly encouraged!

To be considered as a participant in the cosplay contest, please submit your name, age, phone number, character and photo (optional) to kslader@ign.com by Wednesday, August 30th, 5PM PST. Hurry, submit!

A few important notes:

• A PAX West ticket is NOT needed to attend, the event is open to the public.

• This is a 21+ event, only. Please bring valid photo ID.

• First-come, first-served.
• There is no coat check. 

• No backpacks permitted. 

• Those dressed in cosplay will receive expedited entrance (pending capacity upon arrival time) 

Would you kindly join us in celebrating this milestone with the best fans and community BioShock could ask for? Now, let's party!

#BioShock10

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know if the Pokemon Center will be there this year? They advertised it last year, but I haven't anything on it this year. Not sure why they wouldn't make a pop-up shop again, the lines for it were huge and it seemed to do well!

krae_man

Nintendo at PAX:

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...-Brings-Super-Mario-Odyssey-Anticipated-Games

Nindies Thursday night again, Samus Returns panel Saturday, Odyssey playable,

Also make sure to registery with My nintendo if you haven't already:

For the first time at PAX West, visitors that are also My Nintendo members have an opportunity to check in with their QR Code pattern to receive a My Nintendo Pass. A My Nintendo Pass allows the pass holder to access a priority line with shorter wait times for the Nintendo booth and the Nindies Arcade during specified times. Passes will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis, and while supplies last. More details will be shared on https://my.nintendo.com/, so stay tuned.

https://accounts.nintendo.com/qrcode

and screen shot the QU code so you can get at it easy. Internet in the convention center sucks.

krae_man

Make sure to download the Experience Playstation app for your Sony demo appointments.

The app just updated for Gamestop Expo and PAX is on the "coming soon" list and it says RSVP's start Friday at midnight(my time I'm currently eastern), so it could be 9pm Thursday as well.

Life is Strange Before the Storm Launch Party:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1589589524398525

HEY FRIENDS! Are you going to PAX West? Are you a fan of Life is Strange? Do you like carnival-themed bars? Are you a breathing human?

You’re invited to relax at PAX West 2017 with us and the incredible developers from Deck Nine Games, to celebrate the launch of the first episode of LIFE IS STRANGE: BEFORE THE STORM.

Join us on Friday, September 1st from 6-9pm at Unicorn! Alexa, Andrea, Britt and Steimer (it's so weird talking about ourselves in third person) will be there and will gladly talk about husbandos, whiskey and what it's like to be SO DANG SALTY...STEIMER.

DETAILS:
• Event admission is free and is first-come, first-served
• Guests must be 21 or older
• The first 100 guests will receive two drink tickets on us!
• Chance to win games, Square Enix prizes, ASTRO Gaming gear, and cool What's Good Games swag

Does anybody out there need a set of badges? I have a friend looking to find a home for a full set at face value, and could meet up in downtown Seattle on Thursday, please DM me if interested!

krae_man

Anyone have any preferences for meetup night?

I'm leaning towards Friday night because of what I want to do after hours and the fact I'm flying out Sunday at 9pm so I can't do it Sunday.

First time in years I've missed out on tickets and I just find out there is a Wario Ware tournament on Saturday. May have to find a ticket somehow for that.

krae_man

Reminder for everybody:

Register For Appointments

Sony and Nintendo are going to have appointments you can register for this year.

Sony: Download the Experience Playstation App. Appointments will go live at 9pm Thursday(I'm reasonably sure of this, but it could be 12am Friday).

Nintendo: Nintendo is doing appointments via scanning your My nintendo QR Code.

No idea where you do this, but it's probably somewhere at their booth.

That will give you your My Nintendo QR Code. Then screen cap the page so you have your QR code ready in a no cellphone signal environment.

KRaZyAmmo

Reminder for everybody:

Sony and Nintendo are going to have appointments you can register for this year.

Sony: Download the Experience Playstation App. Appointments will go live at 9pm Thursday(I'm reasonably sure of this, but it could be 12am Friday).

That will give you your My Nintendo QR Code. Then screen cap the page so you have your QR code ready in a no cellphone signal environment.

Got the PS experience app. Thanks for the heads up.

Megatron

Anyone have any preferences for meetup night?

I'm leaning towards Friday night because of what I want to do after hours and the fact I'm flying out Sunday at 9pm so I can't do it Sunday.

Friday night is probably good for me. I like doing it on the first night so we can clue each other in on things we may have missed.

I missed it last year because it was at the same time as the Batman Telltale panel.

Things that night I might be interested in:
7:30-8:30 The Pax 10: Part 1
7:30-8:30 Game show night: The Price is Right
9:30-10: Gameshow night: Jeopardy

I won't necessarily go to any of these, but at the moment, those are the only ones I'm considering, but could meet up afterwards.

krae_man

Gameshow Night is fun, but I'm going to go to the Life Is Strange: Before the Storm Launch Party instead. it's 6-9pm and down the street from Rhein Haus.

So I was thinking 9pm ish at Rhein Haus for the Meetup and whoever wants to join me for the Life is Strange Party is welcome to of course. Which I highly recommend. The Square Enix Partys for Lara Croft and Deus Ex Go the last two years were great. I'm sure this party will be great too.

Jingo

Another indie developer told me Sinner- sacrifice for redemption(souls alike) will be at pax and probably show something.

Blues1990

I'll be at PAX on Friday as part of the crowdfunding panel.

If you're interested, stop by! It's at 7:30.

http://west.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/cf-101-crowdfunding-for-indie-to-aaa-titles

I'll try to do that. You guys create such sweet content, and I always wanted to work for Lab Zero Games for Freelance.

BTW, for scalpers that are outside of the convention hall, how likely is it that I can get a Saturday Pass? I'll arrive in Seattle in the morning, so I'm hoping to score one for that day (I have Sunday and Monday covered).

Reminder for everybody:

By appointments... you mean, like in lieu of lines? Or is this something else entirely.

gstaff

Lots of playable stuff at the Bethesda booth. Stop by to play Quake, Dishonored, Wolf2, The Evil Within 2, and our VR stuff.

I'm also setting up a program where people playing our demos will have a chance to win some cool prizes, including custom PS4 Pros and Xbox One S consoles.

Stop by and say "hey!"

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder what goodies Nintendo will have this year? Best thing I got was the Wind Waker tshirt from the stamp rally. I had a cold and had to wait over an hour or so at the demo booth portion (the exploration demo took freaking forever!!) and it was a struggle. I remember some guys started chanting just to get our stamps and we did. The rep reluctantly did it, which I sure didn't mind since I felt awful being sick and waiting forever... Tshirt is still great :)

Lots of playable stuff at the Bethesda booth. Stop by to play Quake, Dishonored, Wolf2, The Evil Within 2, and our VR stuff.

I'm also setting up a program where people playing our demos will have a chance to win some cool prizes, including custom PS4 Pros and Xbox One S consoles.

Stop by and say "hey!"

Fallout 4 VR? Please tell me it's so.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Outpost Games is going to be hosting a party at PAX West for our debut game, SOS. If you're interested in an invite, shoot me a PM. The party will be Saturday, September 2 @7pm. Space is limited, so if you want to try to join us, hit me up sooner rather than later. We aren't as flashy as some of the other parties going on that night, but we're cooler (note: we may not be cooler either).

dLMN8R

Yo, if anyone needs tickets I ended up with 1 extra for Friday, and 3 extras for Monday! PM me, will sell them at face value ($48 after my shipping charge) and I can meet you at the venue!

krae_man

Anyone going to the Nindies event tonight? I'm planning on getting in line 6-6:30 ish.

Starts at 8pm Museum of Pop Culture right by the space needle.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
What's the best way to enter the center to go up to lv 6 of the hall? I always use the front entrance, which is always a bad idea.

krae_man

Okay this Nindies event is too many people with the number of kiosks. I don't think it's even possible to get 4 stamps.

Got to play Yono though and that was fun.

Internet connection died. Almost didn't get a PSVR demo booked.

What's the best way to enter the center to go up to lv 6 of the hall? I always use the front entrance, which is always a bad idea.

You should be able to avoid the main entrance crowds by entering through the Annex.
There's a "secret" set of escalators that let you get to the main expo from the PC play area (or maybe the floor above it, I don't remember). Once you are in the main expo area, just cross the skybridge and take the escalators to the 6th floor.

I don't know if this is a good option for getting to the 6th floor tho.

Okay this Nindies event is too many people with the number of kiosks. I don't think it's even possible to get 4 stamps.

Yeah, I got in close to 8:30 and I'm still in line to play Floor Kids. Four stamps by midnight ain't happening.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
You should be able to avoid the main entrance crowds by entering through the Annex.
There's a "secret" set of escalators that let you get to the main expo from the PC play area (or maybe the floor above it, I don't remember). Once you are in the main expo area, just cross the skybridge and take the escalators to the 6th floor.

I don't know if this is a good option for getting to the 6th floor tho.

I'll keep this in mind thanks!

Fff my flight's been delayed twice now! No sleep for me tonight, trying to make it in early :(

Megatron

Well the first four time slots of the Sony event went fast. The rest of tomorrow's slots open at 11:00am tomorrow. Is that Eastern or West coast time?

If any kind soul could snag a destiny emblem code for this east coaster, I would truly appreciate it. And do your homework.

Explain what that is and how to do it and I will try.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Well the first four time slots of the Sony event went fast. The rest of tomorrow's slots open at 11:00am tomorrow. Is that Eastern or West coast time?

Crap was dealing with flight stuff and forgot to check in! I wonder why it still shows open slots, but still unable to check in till tomorrow? I guess they do it in batches?

Megatron

Crap was dealing with flight stuff and forgot to check in! I wonder why it still shows open slots, but still unable to check in till tomorrow? I guess they do it in batches?

Yeah, unless maybe some of the lesser known vr stuff you can still schedule? I don't care about anything except Detroit.

Internet connection died. Almost didn't get a PSVR demo booked.

Yea thanks to you we were able to play that co-op brawler, but we got into the line for Steamworld dig 2 and moved 5 feet in 35 minutes. We just decided to dip and go see a film and get some food. Thanks again though!

Top Bottom