• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Payday 2 |OT| See you at the safe house.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I started playing the beta last night and I'm really impressed but how the hell can you play it without turning into Call Of Duty? Every time I put the mask on all hell breaks lose and I get wave after wave of police. I'm probably playing it wrong but considering that I've never played the first Payday that shouldn't come as a suprise.

It is possible to play most every mission stealthy. How you do it changes based on the heist, random elements, etc., and not all missions can be (Watch Dogs and Rats cannot, for example), but there can actually be a lot of strategy and execution put into getting a good stealth heist done, and often stealth heists can be very rewarding financially if you can pull them off. There are sometimes other solutions to heists; the Jewelry heist can literally be beaten in 18-20 seconds if you know what you're doing and are fast enough on normal difficulty with at least two other people. Likewise, some heists have super hidden stashes, and if anything like the first Payday, there is probably going to be one level in the game (maybe already available) that has some super secret extra-long but ultra rewarding heist if you can crack it and figure it out (in the first Payday, there was a super secret heist in the first level that had clues on how to do in other levels, but in bizarre ways like there's a hint on a carpet design in another stage in the game on how to get passed a security tile room, you'd need to find a secret vault which you'd have to wait 1000 seconds for it to drill and open, but without exaggerating that heist would give you so much money and experience it was ridiculous).

Bossman

If anyone has an extra key, I would love to have one. I want to see does this work on my rig before buying it.

SJRB

Gold Member
Guess that's why we can't have nice things.
It'd be cool if they didn't just wipe out all the beta stats at launch, i guess.

They will get wiped though. Everyone starts at zero when the retail version hits. So spend that cash on weapons, try out some skills because you'll be back to nothing in a few days.

It is possible to play most every mission stealthy. How you do it changes based on the heist, random elements, etc., and not all missions can be (Watch Dogs and Rats cannot, for example), but there can actually be a lot of strategy and execution put into getting a good stealth heist done, and often stealth heists can be very rewarding financially if you can pull them off. There are sometimes other solutions to heists; the Jewelry heist can literally be beaten in 18-20 seconds if you know what you're doing and are fast enough on normal difficulty with at least two other people. Likewise, some heists have super hidden stashes, and if anything like the first Payday, there is probably going to be one level in the game (maybe already available) that has some super secret extra-long but ultra rewarding heist if you can crack it and figure it out (in the first Payday, there was a super secret heist in the first level that had clues on how to do in other levels, but in bizarre ways like there's a hint on a carpet design in another stage in the game on how to get passed a security tile room, you'd need to find a secret vault which you'd have to wait 1000 seconds for it to drill and open, but without exaggerating that heist would give you so much money and experience it was ridiculous).

Thanks, I've played a few games online and when everyone knows what to do it feels awesome.

Can't wait to play again. I stopped about a week ago as I was getting annoyed by the character resets. I want the Cthulu Mask. That things is so awesome looking.

SJRB

Gold Member
A lot of new players now that the beta has gone [semi] public. Most of them are pretty clueless though. Just now I joined a group of level 4 players, host wanted something more lucrative so he started a two-skull Watchdogs mission.

Needless to say we didn't make it past the first day.

sl4yor

Neo Member
I don't suppose anyone would happen to have an extra key they're not using? I'm tempted to pay the 49.99 for a beta key, but with only 3 days left on the beta I figure I'd ask here first.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
so i got 3 people playing the game for the first time tomorrow, if anyone wants to be a 4th that would be great, feel free to add me on steam (we will be using mumble) for good times.

Zombie Monkey on steam, or pm here is fine. Any region is fine, we can be flexible with times.

Some friends bought the 4 pack for this and gave me a beta key, and it's been great fun so far. Anyone happen to have a spare steam key?

Just installed the beta and played a few heists.

1CLgw75.gif

Zafir

Pretty sure it's out on the 13th for everyone on Steam. It's the retail ps3/360 version which is 3 days later I believe.

KaiserBecks

Don't know if this has been posted already, but the steamstore page has been updated:

BREAKING NEWS: Pre-Purchase and receive the Armored Transport Heist DLC for free!
Thanks to the hard working beta testers, Bain is feeling generous. By pre-purchasing PAYDAY 2, you receive the Armored Transport Heist DLC for free when it is released later this year. There is an Armored Transport heading for D.C. and the PAYDAY gang is about to give it a warm welcome. Cash, gold, jewelry, who knows what's stored in those armored cars?

No matter if you pre-ordered the regular version or the CCE, you'll get the first DLC for free. Nice.

derFeef

Gifted the game to a friend, we played the beta for 3 missions, he was hooked from the get go. Good game is a good game.

Is this using the Source engine? Looks like L4D2, but against Swat teams instead of zombies. Looks great actually. I thought it was just all stealth based stealing, but now i'm seeing massive shoot outs on roads and stuff.

Watched a gameplay video and I can definitely see the appeal. Will try and get it in a couple of weeks (360). Feel free to send me a message on Live/GAF if you want to play with me and my buddy. Only if you speak English or Swedish well though, communication is key.

BibiMaghoo

any word on if the frame rate has improved or stabilized in the console versions. That was my big gripe from Payday 1

If you mean above 30, then most likely not. The game is much better looking than the first game.

I never felt the first game had an issue on PS3, though the game is better on PC in just about every way it could be. Aside from the extra levels, masks, and secret vault, the fact that every player had text chat made a world of difference.

derFeef

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXcxX21pYZ8 - Razormind aka the assault wave music.

He released this for a contest to remix the track and it'll be featured on The Creature Hub. Did I tell you guys I love this soundtrack? It's amazing.

So good.

Although this is a bit remixed, this track played when I played the first game with my bud and he literally said "holy shit holy shit what the fuck this is awesome what's happening". (in German).

I hope the assault waves aren't as monotonous and as aggrivating as the first game.

IT really got ridiculous.

Depends on the difficulty. Expect tons more on the harder difficulties and for the specials to stack up on you. You'll typically see tasers and shields together alot. Though, alot of it depends on luck.

zkylon

zkylewd
I hope the assault waves aren't as monotonous and as aggrivating as the first game.

hmm it's not that different, but I feel the level design might be a bit better and just the general feel of the game is more enjoyable so it doesn't stand out so much

it's still pretty much an enhanced payday 1, tho

derFeef

So far the levels in the game feel very different, so the assaults don't feel very monotonous to me - at least yet. I guess it also helps that the shooting is much more enjoyable in PD2. I want to go in guns blazing all the time :p

Top Bottom