• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Gamer video interview with Mark Hamill. First pics of him from Star Citizen.

deleted

I dont think it will increase in price any time soon, so just wait if You are not sure.

Yep same price. They got rid of all the pass stuff a while ago so your purchase gets you access to everything.

Looks incredible, as a long time SC supporter seeing Mark Hamill in the digital flesh is just awesome, this game is going to something special. I only hope they don't "Naughty Dog"us and cut our framerate in half for a handful more chest hairs.

Mh, okay, so 54$ it is - are there fundamental differences in the ships I can buy in the packages? One looks like a cargo ship, another like a fighter and the last like a mixture?

cripterion

This looks awesome but that's some hyperbole to me. Drake doesn't come close at all?
That space suit is crazy though. I'd love to see ND take a shot at scifi.

And this is over a year old and looks this good:
U4moist.gif

That really looks good too but having seen the game at PGW (MP) it doesn't actually look like that.

Rephin

Mh, okay, so 54$ it is - are there fundamental differences in the ships I can buy in the packages? One looks like a cargo ship, another like a fighter and the last like a mixture?

In regards to the $45 packages:

The Aurora is more of a general ship. It can haul some cargo on the underside, it has a bed in the rear area you can sleep in for longer space flights, and it sports a little weaponry. It's kind of like the Honda Civic of the Star Citizen universe.

The Mustang is more of a fighter. It has minimal cargo capacity, no space to stay in (unless you opt for the slightly more expensive Mustang Beta variant), but packs more weapons and has better maneuverability. A sports car.

Which is the last one? The 300 series?

deleted

In regards to the $45 packages:

The Aurora is more of a general ship. It can haul some cargo on the underside, it has a bed in the rear area you can sleep in for longer space flights, and it sports a little weaponry. It's kind of like the Honda Civic of the Star Citizen universe.

The Mustang is more of a fighter. It has minimal cargo capacity, no space to stay in (unless you opt for the slightly more expensive Mustang Beta variant), but packs more weapons and has better maneuverability. A sports car.

Which is the last one? The 300 series?

It's this one:
Aurora-LN

And is 45$ a typo, or do they use regional pricing? I have to pay 53,55 $ for the cheapest package...

Speaking of decadence

Assuming that this camera view does not have tons of extraneous geometry in it (it just looks like a grey lighting box background), that would mean that the unli-lit/un-shadowed "Old Man face" has
<100,000 Polygons
oh5aart.png

164,500 is the number of polys listed. Probably less than this number though.

tuxfool

Banned
It's this one:
Aurora-LN

And is 45$ a typo, or do they use regional pricing? I have to pay 53,55 $ for the cheapest package...

Yeah. That looks about right, the base package has gone up in price since the last time I checked. They're also having a promotional price of 37$ but they're limited to 1000 per day over the next week.

It should be noted that the packages currently include SQ42 and SC, but they indicated that they might be considering splitting sq42 into its own thing.

KORNdoggy

tech is nice. capture not so much. gary oldman was pretty weird looking too. there are better instances of facial capture tbh.

deleted

Yeah. That looks about right, the base package has gone up in price since the last time I checked. They're also having a promotional price of 37$ but they're limited to 1000 per day over the next week.

It should be noted that the packages currently include SQ42 and SC, but they indicated that they might be considering splitting sq42 into its own thing.

Thanks for the tip! I thought it was some old package and ignored it!

When does it get reset to 1000 each day? Around midnight?

Rephin

It's this one:
Aurora-LN

The LN is an Aurora with more combat bite. I didn't even know that was being offered for the same price, that's pretty cool. I'd probably take that one over the basic Aurora or Mustang.

Also, I guess they do use regional pricing. I wasn't aware, it shows up as $45 for me in the US.

KKRT00

Speaking of decadence

Assuming that this camera view does not have tons of extraneous geometry in it (it just looks like a grey lighting box background), that would mean that the unli-lit/un-shadowed "Old Man face" has
<100,000 Polygons
oh5aart.png

I love how the model is accurate and shows nose deformation so well.

Also funny how polycount for model is 164k and polycount for shadows is over 2000k :)

Speaking of decadence

<100,000 Polygons
oh5aart.png

I'm sure they'll be able to reduce it by quite a bit before release. With hardly any noticable difference.

tuxfool

Banned
Thanks for the tip! I thought it was some old package and ignored it!

When does it get reset to 1000 each day? Around midnight?

I guess around the time it was put up, 1100 pacific. I can't say for sure.

I should also say that when the first batch went up, they were gone in instants.

deleted

I guess around the time it was put up, 1100 pacific. I can't say for sure.

I should also say that when the first batch went up, they were gone in instants.

I'll just try to get one then, if I don't - no harm done.. 11 am or pm? Have to make CET out of it :p

A perfect cube does not need a thousand polygons.
Is he a cube?
A perfect human probably needs an infinite amount though, so I am not sure how that is really relevant.
---
Some wonderful context to show the advances of real time rendering:
2811589-2531879023-Sid.j.jpg

vlcsnap-2015-11-20-14rdluj.png

Polygonally you can see how advanaced the hair structure still is in Spirits Within, yet shading and light models are now even beyond off-line rendering of that age. Very cool.

I think it looks good, but in motion the animations aren't that convincing. I think other games do more convincing faces and more convincing animations. But the consistancy of visuals across this game is impressive. Still, extremely weird way this game is marketed. The ambition seems very impressive, but what has been shown hasn't impressed me yet because I don't feel I have seen an impressive game yet.

Well, they capture the entire front of the head (obviously not the back crown) including the neck (hence why there is jowl movement and adams apple movement). So I am not sure what you mean. I can also not hazard a guess as to what the purpose of a capture pipeline would be that doesn't actually capture.

It is not as if this isn't basically the exact same process methodologically speaking. Even if you capture tons of data and points, you still need to clean and touch it up so it works. (they have release two in depth videos detailing said clean up and touch up process even).

This game doesn't use key framing exclusively like older ND titles. Yet, even ND doesn't do that any longer. It would be rather unreasonable for any game or movie to do that anymore anyway as human faces are just too complex to even attempt that without going for a purposefully cartoony look.

I just don't see it. I am sorry :/

Especially if you compare it to other skin in games...

His expressions there look very uncanny.

Zalusithix

So Star Citizen is multiplayer, Squadron 42 is the single player portion, both released separately.

Do I have this right?

Yes, Squadron 42 is the single player campaign (though apparently will have some level of coop play), whereas Star Citizen is a multiplayer persistent universe. Progress in SQ42 also affects your character's life in Star Citizen to an extent that they haven't totally elaborated on. (You play the same character in both. SQ42 is the younger you.)

tuxfool

Banned
Does Uncharted 4 even have interactive cutscenes or is there some kind of proof that the faces and animations actually look 1:1 the same in-game? Is there some wall-hugging material?

They've said that they're using the same models, but it would make sense to use LODs to reduce model detail during interactive moments. There is simply no point in wasting resources rendering things that cannot be displayed at the resolution an zoom level of gameplay.

Top Bottom