• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Gamer's list of 2012 PC titles to look forward to(RUMOR: Catherine heading to PC?)

Thanks for the heads up, OP. Now I've remembered that Giuld Wars 2 will be finally out this year. I used to be one of the top contributors on the Spanish version of the Guild Wars wiki and I left because GW2 didn't arrive soon enough... First retail PC game I'll buy since GW:EotN (and a Ubisoft 3-pack that I bought in a newsstand :lol).

Reading the list, how come I haven't heard about Lace Mamba before? I'm interested in pretty much all of their games. Also, I didn't know about the new Amanita Design game. Good stuff. And of course, I'll buy Catherine if it's on Steam with a force of a thousand suns
but only when it's under 5$ during a sale

KKRT00

BTW 2012 PC exclusive list just from top of my head.

Diablo 3
Arma 3
X: Rebirth
Grim Dawn
Torchlight 2
Anno 2070
Command and Conquer: Generals 2
War of the Roses
DOTA 2
Shootmania

MMO
Guild Wars 2
Path of Exile
Secret World
TERA
Planetside 2
Warfare

I wish someone went to Falcom CEO office, slammed the door proceed to slap him two times and showed him recettear steam sales.

The only reason I can think of that Falcom didn't released any game on steam yet after that there's clearly a market for it is pure ignorance.

If Catherine comes to PC, I will double dip.

Now I really hope it does.

Lollipop Chainsaw is in their list, but only as a "hopeful" kind of thing. Gotta say, I would love it on PC. But I seriously doubt it.

Corto

For now is just wishful thinking and it's well under the radar for a while now, but I would love to see Hawken come to the PC.

hawk2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVa7B1bLv8I&hd=1

Takao

Banned
I wish someone went to Falcom CEO office, slammed the door proceed to slap him two times and showed him recettear steam sales.

The only reason I can think of that Falcom didn't released any game on steam yet after that there's clearly a market for it is pure ignorance.

Falcom hasn't made a PC game in years, and seemingly don't have any plans to go back either. They're strictly PSP/Vita/Potentially PS3 now. However, they did license out some of their games to be ported to smart phones and PC but the quality of those ports is unknown.

Neiteio

I would buy Catherine again if it came to PC. GAF, weigh in on the probability of it coming to PC. I want it in my Steam collection. Online multiplayer would be a SWEET bonus.

Also, would Platinum Games ever consider bringing Bayonetta to Steam? Or better yet, a Platinum Triple Pack with Bayonetta, Mad World and Vanquish.

Every single GTA has been on PC, it'll happen, wait and see.

I think the bigger concern is it not being a day 1 thing. I have no problems double dipping because it's going to be game of the forever, but man, I really don't want to play it on console hardware after experiencing GTA 4 on PC.

Omikaru

Catherine on PC is delicious. Even though I've already imported it from the US on PS3, I'd buy it on PC just to send the right signal to Atlus: Bring Persona 5 to PC.

Catherine on PC is delicious. Even though I've already imported it from the US on PS3, I'd buy it on PC just to send the right signal to Atlus: Bring Persona 5 to PC.
Pretty much, man. Pretty much.

Well, not really. Catherine is pretty damn awesome. And I agree with Neiteio that some online features would be great, especially for the colosseum/versus stuff.

TGMIII

For now is just wishful thinking and it's well under the radar for a while now, but I would love to see Hawken come to the PC.

It's only planned system is the PC so far. Unless you mean you want to see it this year then yeah I want it so bad.

Diablo 3
Arma 3
Grim Dawn
Torchlight 2
Anno 2070
War of the Roses
DOTA 2
Shootmania

Anno 2070 came out in November and Generals 2 is a 2013 game.

There is also Tribes: Ascend and Natural Selection 2 which hopefully will come out of the beta this year.

Aselith

Diablo 3
Arma 3
Grim Dawn
Torchlight 2
Anno 2070
War of the Roses
DOTA 2
Shootmania

MMO
Guild Wars 2
Path of Exile
Secret World
TERA
Planetside 2
Warfare
Anno 2070 is out

atomsk

Party Pooper
the Catherine rumor dates back to July when people found this image in a "test" folder on the game disc

UISkinFull_ps3.jpg

I wouldn't call that an "informed rumor", unless something has happened since then

Decado

Dynamic story that develops based on players' allegiances to major Clans and Houses, rebooting the story starting at the Clan Invasion. They have a bunch of talent from FASA on board, so it should turn out great.
Doesn't really matter to me if it online only.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think the bigger concern is it not being a day 1 thing. I have no problems double dipping because it's going to be game of the forever, but man, I really don't want to play it on console hardware after experiencing GTA 4 on PC.

The PC version of Max Payne 3 is still scheduled to release alongside its console counterparts. Assuming this holds true, I imagine it will be used a test case to ascertain the viability of releasing said version in parallel to those of consoles versus the typical approach of arbitrary delays intended to maximise sales on consoles alone.

dLMN8R

Yay then. Bring it on!

Not only is Hawken obviously coming to PC, but it'll probably be PC exclusive or first on PC. It was first announced by the developers talking to PC Gamer about it numerous times, and they're a tiny team probably without the resources or desire to go through console publishing nonsense.

That's really interesting, if the prices are reasonable I'll probably go ahead and buy at least 2 of those.

Now someone just has to convince ZUN that money isn't (always) evil. Though his attitude is pretty awesome.

Carpe Fulgur posted an interesting justification for not wanting to publish Touhou in the west, that being that Touhou is ENTIRELY built upon its fanbase and that anybody who brought it over would essentially gain control over the IP.

Anyways, Catherine on PC with online multiplayer incorporated?

Bluth54

I'm more excited about TF2 updates then any new game, but that's been true about me for the last few years.

The PC game I'm most looking forward to next year is Alan Wake even though I played it twice on the 360. I love that game and can't wait to play it again on the PC.

Not a whole lot I'm interested in on that list, though I'm sure I'll play at least a few of them.

A pc version of Catherine is probably wishful thinking but if it does happen I would definitely buy it and any other Atlus developed games.
I don't get the justification for putting Catherine on PC, as it seems like Atlus' biggest fanbase is on the consoles (and Japanese games in general), and the average PC gamer is likely to ignore the game, but hey.. more people need to play the gmae anyways.
How can they know there's no market for it if they never try?

Grayman

Dead State seems really hot. The RPS interview from 2010 is promising the world so the release could be really far off.

lab_dialogue_final.jpg

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Suairyu

Banned
I don't get the justification for putting Catherine on PC, as it seems like Atlus' biggest fanbase is on the consoles (and Japanese games in general), and the average PC gamer is likely to ignore the game, but hey.. more people need to play the gmae anyways.
Well, the game isn't even out in the EU yet (February), so releasing a PC version around that time would make sort-of sense.

Either way, it's been the one game I've most wanted to play since its US release last Summer.

-SD-

Banned
In order of importance:

Risen 2: Dark Waters
TrackMania 2: Valley
Alan Wake
ShootMania: Storm

...and Thief 4, if it is a 2012 game.

...and Live for Speed S3, if it will ever get released, that is.

Every single GTA has been on PC, it'll happen, wait and see.

I can't find the quote now, but around the time LA Noire for the pc was announced, Rockstar said that from here on out, expect pc ports for all their games and closer to the console release dates?

Top Bottom