• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PDP is making a new wireless guitar controller for Xbox / PC

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
22lU2jf.png

Clone Hero and YARG players, rejoice!

Product page is not yet live, but here is a link to the webcache for the listing that went up early by accident. Built in wireless, rechargeable battery, USB-C connector.

$129.99

cYIf6qg.png

Sleepwalker

Almost grabbed a full rockband set + a ps3 and the games for $100 off fb marketplace last weekend but someone beat me to it. Was seething for a couple days.

I'd rather get this now :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I have the bluetooth Rock Band 4 guitar and the Logitech Xbox 360 full body monster (that's my usual favorite), but both have thousands of hours on them and at this point have been repaired a few times. Glad that something new will exist soon.

jshackles

Ooh looks like they're also making one for PS4 / PS5

Not as cool for me (since I'm 100% PC now), but might be good for those that still play Rock Band 4 on that platform.

xBlueStonex

As a millenial who grew up in the Guitar Hero & Rock Band era, can't tell you how happy this makes me. New drumset would also be an insta-buy.

Last edited:

Meicyn

Gold Member
As a millenial who grew up in the Guitar Hero & Rock Band era, can't tell you how happy this makes me. New drumset would also be an insta-buy.
New drums are likely given that in Fortnite Festival, folks who have dug through the files observed that they’ve got separate charts for “plastic guitar” and “plastic drums”. There’s even data in the files regarding local multiplayer so that might become a feature someday. Unfortunately, nada for microphone, so chances are low for karaoke.

bender

What time is it?
I always disliked the inlayed buttons of the Rockband-style guitars, probably because I learned playing on Guitar Hero guitars.. GH Les Paul will always be the GOAT.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Sold out in less than three hours. Unfortunately I missed the window. I’m patient though. Also shows the demand is there.

YCoCg

It's bittersweet that we wont get a new Rock Band anymore but nice to see it continue in some form via Fortnite Festival.

jshackles

Guess these were up for pre-order earlier today, and I missed it (now sold out everywhere). Sucks.

Congrats to those that got one, I guess.

New drums are likely given that in Fortnite Festival, folks who have dug through the files observed that they’ve got separate charts for “plastic guitar” and “plastic drums”. There’s even data in the files regarding local multiplayer so that might become a feature someday. Unfortunately, nada for microphone, so chances are low for karaoke.
If Fortnite saves the Rockband/Guitar Hero genre, will people here still hate Fortnite?

:pie_thinking:

starfire1978

Neo Member
What a joke all on eBay for double triple. Not even production but a stupid pre order code. Why would I trust anyone trying to scam with a unique product that needs to be purchased from website for any type of defect issue. F eBay

Bridges

If Fortnite saves the Rockband/Guitar Hero genre, will people here still hate Fortnite?

:pie_thinking:
Yes, because in order to do so they bought the company that makes Rock Band (Harmonix) and had them cease work on Rock Band.

I'm happy that rhythm gaming is finding an avenue back to the mainstream but after many years and dollars invested into the Rock Band ecosystem I am not so willing to start over with a new game that has less features and more expensive songs, many of which I already had in Rock Band.

I'm a tad bitter. I love Harmonix but would much rather see what Microsoft ends up doing with Guitar Hero than invest heavily into Fortnite at this point.

Top Bottom