• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Elite Series 2 Core announced for $129.99

Fredrik

come-si-fa-il-kebab-casa.jpg
I just ate aaaand now I’m hungry again 🤤

Hmmm, refined components. So more durable?
I bought the 3 year warranty with my Elite 2 for $20, but when/if I ever send it in (I know I will before the warranty expires), maybe they can replace mine with one of these.
They actually send you a replacement once they get it, so you don't really get the same controller you send in.

Should have included the paddles instead of the USB cable. I'm sure most people have a few USB-C cables kicking around.

I wish they'd do a Series 3 based on the XSX/S controller. My Series 2 has been flawless but after all these years and hours put on it it's finally starting to fall apart. I might have to get this in the interim.

Jebron

Should have included the paddles instead of the USB cable. I'm sure most people have a few USB-C cables kicking around.

I wish they'd do a Series 3 based on the XSX/S controller. My Series 2 has been flawless but after all these years and hours put on it it's finally starting to fall apart. I might have to get this in the interim.
This would be a poor business decision.

lukilladog

I could bet this still inherits the same 50 cent stick potentiometer component that is designed to drift prematurely and push game pad sales since the 360 era.

So they took the pieces out and made it white?

I need the opposite.. where can I just buy a big bag of pieces? Lol

Just search "Xbox Elite Series 2 accessories" on Amazon, Ebay, etc and you get a ton of results, even the charger. It's all Chinese knock-offs but they were probably made in the same factory using the same molds.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Already got £20 in reward points after buying the official wireless headset a few months ago. Will save up for when my Elite 2 eventually breaks down and will pick this up (hopefully for free).

jaysius

Banned
Sorry if posted

Interesting video, the guy was way too dumb though, overexcited about the tool that comes with it, even after pouring over every stupid "feature" on the box.

The device looks good, it sucks that it's lacking a Share button, I've been using that for Volume Up(quick tap) and Volume Down(hold) since MS added that ability to the firmware, it's hard to go back from that.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Holy Shit, I'm guessing that guy is going to have a hard time getting that MS jizz flavor out of his mouth.

He poured over all the mundane parts of the box, but didn't read how they "give" you the stick adjustment tool... what a tool he is, then he acted excited that they "give" you the tool to adjust the sticks.

I hate these 'tubers, they have a very well spoken and not unbearable inital personality, but then they start giving whatever company that makes the device a rim job so deep only the sickest fuck would love.
also when he said ‘these things are built to last’ I laughed out loud - lying bastard!

jaysius

Banned
also when he said ‘these things are built to last’ I laughed out loud - lying bastard!
Yea, I edited my post after clicking to go to the channel and I realized that he's a paid shill, but still, not understanding that it came with the tool, really made him look like a total tool, and not much of an "expert".

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Good, now Sony has a reason to price the Dualsense Edge lower
unless you are able to change the analog modular for elite series 2 core, or its using anti drifting analog modular, i doubt it, as the dualsense edge able to temporarily fix drift issue.

The replaceable analog modular alone is worth 200 dollar imo.

If elite series 2 core still have drifting issues and unable to change the modular, its not even worth 100 dollar.

Last edited:

_SAKY_

Don't buy at launch if you value your sanity. I've had 3 broken elite 2's and the current one is almost unusable. RB doesn't work at all A button barely works and B button works around 70/80% of the time. Worst controller quality control ever.
Until these get into the hands of the public I can only assume that this is the elite 2 in a white shell.

lucius

I hope they included the double tap sync to another device, that’s the best feature the Series controller has over the Elite 2. Switching to PC so quick.

DeVeAn

Yeah when I bought this originally I just wanted metal joysticks and the grips. Would have saved a few bucks. But, with the double tap on the A button I couldn’t justify the price over normal pad. Also the disc dpad would grind up playing 2D games. Too expensive with those issues for me.

Last edited:

NinjaBoiX

Gold Member
This is a poor proposition, it’s missing most of the main selling points of the full fat elite, and barely offers more than the standard pad for twice the price.

I don’t get why anyone would buy this…

Kagey K

Banned
This is a poor proposition, it’s missing most of the main selling points of the full fat elite, and barely offers more than the standard pad for twice the price.

I don’t get why anyone would buy this…
Anyone that already owned an elite , but it quit working.

Ppl that want an extra durable controller.

PpL that want to give MS more money since they get a great deal on Gamepass.

Take your pick.

I’m really liking my one to be honest. I’m a bit disappointed that the right stick has a weird scratch on it though. It’s like a piece of the metal has been shaved off.

I’ll speak to customer service about it and have a whinge.

supernova8

Banned
Wait I don't get it. It looks like an "Elite" controller with practically all the elite stuff removed.... why would someone bother with this over a standard Xbox Series controller?

Zimmy68

I love the color scheme but to me, the Elite 2 price should be $129 and this should be $80-$100.
The last time I bought the regular Elite 2, it was $129. Why would I pay $129 for this?
But aside from the drifting issues I have had, it is my all time favorite controller.
I don't know how the DualSense PS5 needs to be charged daily, and the Elite 2, like monthly.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Wait I don't get it. It looks like an "Elite" controller with practically all the elite stuff removed.... why would someone bother with this over a standard Xbox Series controller?
Honestly I think its aimed at people that bought the Elite before and their controller broke so now they can replace just the controller and use all the paddles from their broken controller

Top Bottom