• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Peggle 2 launching first on Xbox One

Rolodzeo

YesJackNicholson.gif

timed exclusives are probably the most obnoxious trend of this / next generation.

What's the point?

To help influence someone that is on the fence about what system to get. If you can only afford one console and you are not sure if you should get XB1 or PS4, maybe the XB1 getting Peggle 2 first will be enough to push you in that direction.

nateeasy

Banned
Peggle 1 did stupid amount of numbers on Xbox 360, and continues to do so.

Based on my XBLA stat stuff, it was 1,062,779 players by end of 2012. It added 270,585 players in 2012, 290,000 in 2011.

Right now Peggle XBLA's at 1,212,511, which is 149,732 more players this year and we're not done with the year yet.

Now obviously Peggle was big on PC, just like Plants Vs. Zombies, but PopCap (and EA's) PC strategy has changed a LOT. Plants Vs. Zombies Adventures on Facebook, PvZ2 on iOS, etc etc.

Heck, even PopCap's lesser known "Hidden Object" games (which they release year after year) aren't on Steam OR Origin. PopCap's classics are on Origin, but they get little to no notice compared to the Battlefields and EA's AAA stuff.

And Peggle on iOS wasn't that great. Weird physics and a not-the-best control scheme. I would think Peggle might have even sold best on XBLA compared to other places, eventually.

First I heard about this. Thank You!

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Are they going to let people pay real money for extra balls? Five dollars for longer clock?

Kinthalis

Banned
Did they say anything about how long a delay before the PC release? My wife and I love peggle but this ain't goign to change my plans to wait till end of 2015 'ish for a new console.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I never really got into Peggle but my gf did. The exclusive thing I don't get either. EA must know that the market on PS4 looks better at the moment. At the moment they're in an odd spot. If the consoles sell 4:1 these exclusive deals are for a 20% market share. So, Microsoft has to pay for the remaining 80%. Not as in make up for it but rather make it worth their wild. EA is not blind to this. Microsoft is probably paying a lot.

Duallusion

Going by that trailer... It looks like Peggle TrueHD®. I hope there's more to it then that, other then a bunch of new levels and a slight makeover.

Not that I won't buy it or anything. On PS4, probably.

Yeah...i have a friend who works at PopCap and they seem to be heavily favoring the XBone One. Last time I spoke to this person was after E3, and they mentioned they didn't have a PS4 dev kit yet.

What's the deal with Sony not shipping dev kits? Wasn't this titanfall's comment way back as well...MS was throwing dev kits and support at them and they didn't have or hear anything from Sony. I'm seeing a trend.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
The salt in here is amazing.

How is this not positive news?
Regardless of what hardware you plan on buying how is the news of a company getting an exclusive game of this calibre horrible news for the world?

People really think that the PS4 is going to outsell the Xbox 4:1 too? For real?

Top Bottom