• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What 3rd party port will Switch 2 launch with?

What 3rd party port is most likely at NS2 launch?

• Halo MCC

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Cyberpunk 2077

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Final Fantasy 7R

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Assassins Creed

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Resident Evil 4R

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • Sea of Thieves

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Mass Effect Trilogy

Votes: 2 3.9%

• Total voters
With the recent rumors of Square Enix and Xbox pursuing ports to all platforms.

Which 3rd party port seems like a “lock” for the rumored March 2025 Switch 2 launch?

Astral Dog

I have no idea, it could launch with Resident Evil IX for all we know but , the safest bet is some RE game(probably 4R), i think Dragon's Dogma 2 is likely to get a port, some Ubisoft game,Dragon Ball, Square Enix could come up with FF7R but not 100% sure as long as Sony has console exclusivity

🤷🏻‍♂️ We don't know anything really, we will find out later this year

Gambit2483

Capcom will port RE4 to anything it can

SquareEnix already has a demo of FF7R running on Switch 2 hardware.

I fully expect to see both of those games drop on Switch 2 in its first year on the market. ATLUS is also waiting for Switch 2 to release Persona 3 Reload.

Last edited:

schaft0620

With the delay, essentially everything is on the table. Look for Call of Duty, Mortal Kombat 1, Hogwarts, Madden, FIFA (whatever its called now), WWE, anything from Ubisoft, anything from 2K, stuff from Microsoft for sure we already know they were trying to do Hi-Fi Rush.

Who will be there for launch window:
Ubi
Sega
Square
EA
Microsoft/Xbox/Activision
Capcom
Bandi

Last edited:

cireza

It will be blurry and run at something like 20fps, so we won't be able to tell which game it is be anyway.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Genshin should be a lock IMO. Not at launch but I think we get Elden Ring and Cyberpunk within 2 years of launch.

Kataploom

Gold Member
I only care about japanese ones and Nintendo exclusives, everything else goes to PC... but if I have to guess, 100% next FF7R game will release on it. Hell, Square-Enix probably have dev kits and it factored into them ending their exclusives, like they know it can run the games and would be too dumb to not jump asap.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Sea of Thieves
iu

Gambit2483

I only care about japanese ones and Nintendo exclusives, everything else goes to PC... but if I have to guess, 100% next FF7R game will release on it. Hell, Square-Enix probably have dev kits and it factored into them ending their exclusives, like they know it can run the games and would be too dumb to not jump asap.
There were several reports/rumors last year that they indeed have the game up and running on Switch 2 hardware, getting it ready for launch.

Kataploom

Gold Member
There were several reports/rumors last year that they indeed have the game up and running on Switch 2 hardware, getting it ready for launch.
Oh, I meant the next entry coming day one on Switch too, the previous games will definitely come as soon as it's out imo

Zannegan

I shoukd have said Assassin's Creed because... of course. I feel like we'll get another "impossible port" from CDPR though.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Feel like with Witcher 3 being a bit hit on Switch, and with Cyberpunk 2077 being done, a Switch 2 port is a no-brainer. Heck I might buy it and play through it again in handheld.

I would be surprised if we see Capcom games like Resident Evil 2 Remake, Resident Evil 8. Should be possible even at 60fps. Skyrim again lol

Top Bottom