• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PEGI rates Valkyria Chronicles for PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shifty1897

SEGA could charge $100 for it and I'd still buy it on PC! (Please don't do that Sega)

Can we tweet Sega and see if they will confirm?

Lulubop

giphy.gif

Sega is much better at this than SE, they even updated ththere collection a few weeks ago.

Leflus

It's so weird to think of Sega (traditional Sega, not Creative Assembly and Football Manager Sega) as a PC publisher.

Then again.... There was a time when it was weird to think of Sega as a third party publisher.

MRORANGE

Is the pc base really big enough for this game? I mean don't get me wrong it's a great game but is it really worth porting over when it's not going to bring Sega the money back it took to invest in the port? It's a Japanese game to boot, it's easily going to get lost in all those indie bundles that everyone pads up on.

Avallon

Random, but very welcome.

Maybe if we're very lucky they'll do the other two as well.

Should also try Yakuza on PC.

Valkyria Chronicles 3 was never localized, although I do believe there's a fan translation out there somewhere.

thelastword

Banned
Steam achievements? ;)
Lol, steam achievements seem lackluster compared to the big two, but is it verified that it's only PC? To be fair, I have been waiting on a trophy patch before I played it on PS3. This is huge however (if true), this game with a higher resolution and some AA would look magical.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome news
if true

Bayonetta next pls

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, the petition worked? (IT'S HAPPENING.gif?)

Will get get Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown as well? :eek:

deleted

SEGA usually has good PC ports. They even updated their dreamcast collection some weeks ago.

Wow - what did they patch?

This is amazing news, it's just weird that this is the first of the missing SEGA titles to appear on PC when other ones should be far easier to port.

Hasney

Is the pc base really big enough for this game? I mean don't get me wrong it's a great game but is it really worth porting over when it's not going to bring Sega the money bqck it took to invest in the port. It's a Japanese game to boot, it's easily going to get lost in all those indie bundles that everyone pads up on.

It is if we buy 30 copies each!

But seriously, they must have some sales data to back up why this might be a good idea. It's too random for it not to.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Highly recommend this game.

Anime waterpainting meets turn based strategy meets World War 1. It just werks.

patapuf

Is the pc base really big enough for this game? I mean don't get me wrong it's a great game but is it really worth porting over when it's not going to bring Sega the money bqck it took to invest in the port. It's a Japanese game to boot, it's easily going to get lost in all those indie bundles that everyone pads up on.

Good strategy/tactical games have a pretty big fanbase on PC. Certainly bigger than what's found on console.

Avallon

Lol, steam achievements seem lackluster compared to the big two, but is it verified that it's only PC? To be fair, I have been waiting on a trophy patch before I played it on PS3. This is huge however (if true), this game with a higher resolution and some AA would look magical.

That trophy patch is never coming... just like VC3 :<

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
VC2 and 3 upscale please. Console release too please. Thanks Sega.

Danlord

Hypothetically Durante, if this game requires another DSfix for unlocking resolution,I remember somewhere in the FFXIII plugin discussion that you said you could do a video recording on the next game that requires unlocking and the process you took to do it, I am paraphrasing here but would you still be interested in doing that?

Would be quite educational if you did a twitch stream unlocking the game as you have done in the past.

I hope your efforts aren't needed here, and whilst there is relief that you're willing to step up to fix these problems but it's still bad to see the need for these kind of fixes.

Anteater

Is the pc base really big enough for this game? I mean don't get me wrong it's a great game but is it really worth porting over when it's not going to bring Sega the money back it took to invest in the port? It's a Japanese game to boot, it's easily going to get lost in all those indie bundles that everyone pads up on.

THIS IS NOT THE TIME FOR SILLY JOKES MR ORANGE

Chances are I won't be able to play this because Sega always puts an extra layer of DRM on their games breaking Linux compatibility but I will happily spend whatever they ask with the hopes that this leads to future games.

Moonlight

Banned
I will legitimately take shit like locked 30 fps and 720p resolution or whatever if it means we get the game at all.

pls sega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom