• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pence to lead Trump transition team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefy

Vice President-elect Mike Pence will lead President-elect Donald Trump's transition team, replacing New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.

Trump picked his transition chairman and other leaders on Friday. It's his biggest staffing announcement since he won the election this week.

Christie will now serve as vice chairman. He's joined on the executive committee by former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, former New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani and Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions.

A statement says more than a dozen other people will also advise Trump on transition matters. They include some of Trump's children, Republican Party Chairman Reince Priebus and former Breitbart news executive Steve Bannon.

President-elect Trump also announced that the following leaders will join the Presidential Transition Team Executive Committee:

Congressman Lou Barletta
Congresswoman Marsha Blackburn
Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi
Congressman Chris Collins
Jared Kushner
Congressman Tom Marino
Rebekah Mercer
Steven Mnuchin
Congressman Devin Nunes
Anthony Scaramucci
Peter Thiel
Donald Trump Jr.
Eric Trump
Ivanka Trump
RNC Chairman Reince Priebus
Trump Campaign CEO Stephen K. Bannon

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-11-11-15-05-48

More people in his team.

Jeffrey Eisenach, a consultant who has worked for years on behalf of Verizon and other telecommunications clients, is the head of the team that is helping to pick staff members at the Federal Communications Commission.

Michael Catanzaro, a lobbyist whose clients include Devon Energy and Encana Oil and Gas, holds the “energy independence” portfolio.

Michael Torrey, a lobbyist who runs a firm that has earned millions of dollars helping food industry players such as the American Beverage Association and the dairy giant Dean Foods, is helping set up the new team at the Department of Agriculture.
Mr. Catanzaro’s client list is a who’s who of major corporate players — such as the Hess Corporation and Devon Energy — that have tried to challenge the Obama administration’s environmental and energy policies on issues such as how much methane gas can be released at oil and gas drilling sites, lobbying disclosure reports show.

He also worked with oil industry players to help push through major legislation goals, such as allowing the export of crude oil. He will now help pick Mr. Trump’s energy team.

Michael McKenna, another lobbyist helping to pick key administration officials who will oversee energy policy, has a client list that this year has included the Southern Company, one of the most vocal critics of efforts to prevent climate change by putting limits on emissions from coal-burning power plants.

Advisers with ties to other industries include Martin Whitmer, who is overseeing “transportation and infrastructure” for the Trump transition. He is the chairman of a Washington law firm whose lobbying clients include the Association of American Railroads and the National Asphalt Pavement Association.

David Malpass, the former chief economist at Bear Stearns, the Wall Street investment bank that collapsed during the 2008 financial crisis, is overseeing the “economic issues” portfolio of the transition, as well as operations at the Treasury Department. Mr. Malpass now runs a firm called Encima Global, which sells economic research to institutional investors and corporate clients.

Mr. Eisenach, as a telecom industry consultant, has worked to help major cellular companies fight back against regulations proposed by the F.C.C. that would mandate so-called net neutrality — requiring providers to give equal access to their networks to outside companies. He is now helping to oversee the rebuilding of the staff at the F.C.C.

Dan DiMicco, a former chief executive of the steelmaking company Nucor, who now serves on the board of directors of Duke Energy, is heading the transition team for the Office of the United States Trade Representative. Mr. DiMicco has long argued that China is unfairly subsidizing its manufacturing sector at the expense of American jobs.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/12/u...&gwh=72360CEFD275F98CF84B819AC9DC6F0A&gwt=pay

Maybe do a little formatting before you just copy and paste.

But lol at Christie. He's fucked his political career for life for nothing! What does a "vice chairman" even do?

LQX

untouchables.jpg

Christie will now serve as vice chairman. He's joined on the executive committee by former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, former New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani and Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions.

A statement says more than a dozen other people will also advise Trump on transition matters. They include some of Trump's children, Republican Party Chairman Reince Priebus and former Breitbart news executive Steve Bannon.

mlIbMmu.gif

Beefy

Maybe do a little formatting before you just copy and paste.

But lol at Christie. He's fucked his political career for life for nothing! What does a "vice chairman" even do?

On mobile so none of it actually came up until I had posted the message.

snacknuts

we all knew her
As a resident of IN for the entirety of Pence's tenure as governor, I can promise that he is human garbage. I hate that he has any say whatsoever in our federal government.

Cagey

Banned
Christie is a run of the mill corrupt Jersey politician.

He's the second coming of Christ compared to Trump or Pence.

I may never recover from this shock, denial and anger.

I posted a heartfelt fuck you to any Trump supporters on my Facebook (I live in southeastern Georgia) and I've received serious flak ever since.

DrBo42

Truly fascinating watching supporters try and defend the people Trump is surrounding himself with.

On Kris Kobach "Okay, that Arizona law including the bit about being able to stop them if they're not white or if they have an accent was bad BUT we have white illegals too!"

On Ken Blackwell "Okay he's part of a group that speaks out against the LGBTQ community and thinks being gay is a choice and against God BUT how much of a say will he have on social issues?"

Racism and hate are not spelling or math errors. They're not lapses in judgment. They're deep character flaws. Surrounding yourself with people like that whether in your own life or while you try to lead a country speaks volumes about your own values. Supporting it or turning a blind eye to it does as well.

Jeels

Christie would probably be better than the majority of people up for cabinet positions. That's the situation we're in.

Christie has actually defended bigotry against Muslim Americans. It was such a beautiful thing to hear and then I realized how sad it was that I thought a Republican politician showing basic human decency was so amazing.

iammeiam

Is there any way we can just... like... kidnap Pence in the night, drop Tim Kaine in his bed, and act like it's been that way all along? I'd bet a large chunk of the country doesn't remember what either VP nom looked like, and Trump won't care.

Because this is fucking awful. I am minorly surprised that Trump didn't just make himself lead and have Pence do all the work behind the scenes, but am not surprised he wants Pence to get used to doing all the boring politicking stuff.

stuminus3

My brain read "Prince to lead Trump transition team" and then I was hit with a double whammy of disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom