• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pence to lead Trump transition team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it gets you noticed. That's the point of a protest.

Also, your post is basically "Stop caring about anything besides economic reform," as if that's the only issue striking Americans today. When you think liberals should stop caring about stuff like abortion rights, you abandon the people who actually showed up to vote for the Democrats on Tuesday.

The entire argument of my post is that the focus on social issues has distracted us from the financial takeover of corporations, continuing to empower corporations and disenfranchising us as citizens. We've made fantastic progress on human rights, but there is literally no changing minds on abortion, and this causes people to view each other as social monsters with unconquerable gaps to have meaningful political alliances if we want to protect ourselves from plutocracy; which both conservatives and liberals desire.

Pitting ourselves as two completely separate factions, like you're suggesting above through "abandonment" is the exact argument I made for the situation we're in. That's how we've ended up by focusing on social issues for as long as we have.

I cannot wait for Senate confirmation hearings for the people Trump picks for his Cabinet. Democrats don't have the numbers to block nominations, but they'll get to ask pointed questions. Is Christie going to want to answer questions about the bridge, under oath and on television? Is Bondi going to want to talk about the Trump Foundation? Is Trump going to want her to?

Cabinet appointments are going to be something we need to protest against if they shape up the way they look.

GuyKazama

Should the kids be allowed to be on the transition team since they are currently running his businesses? I thought they would stay out of it in a so called "blind trust" or is that only after January 20th?

And is there even laws or checks to make sure that Trump doesn't secretly help his businesses for profit?

Like how do we know he doesn't cut some sweet deal with a foreign government to get some favours for his business to make money?

No. The President and Vice President are not subject to conflict of interest restrictions. They can do anything they want. The blind trust concept is tradition.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
The entire argument of my post is that the focus on social issues has distracted us from the financial takeover of corporations, continuing to empower corporations and disenfranchising us as citizens. We've made fantastic progress on human rights, but there is literally no changing minds on abortion, and this causes people to view each other as social monsters with unconquerable gaps to have meaningful political alliances if we want to protect ourselves from plutocracy; which both conservatives and liberals desire.

Pitting ourselves as two completely separate factions, like you're suggesting above through "abandonment" is the exact argument I made for the situation we're in. That's how we've ended up by focusing on social issues for as long as we have.

We're never giving in on rights. That's non-negotiable. It's never. Fucking. Happening.

So basically you want both parties to be relatively the same only the GOP will offer white supremacy to go with it?

As an italian i'm just gonna say this: did you ever wonder how Berlusconi got to power? You're seeing it live in your country right now.

Back in 1994 a big scandal encompassing all political parties struck italy, people got tired of it and wanted something new and here comes Berlusconi, the guy that wasnt't a politician, that had a sucessful media empire, a businessman that would have made things work in italy, compared to the corrupt and lazy politicians. Except he received various helps from the previous governments to build that empire, he wasn't the good businessman that made it through due to his business skills, he knew the system and played it to his personal advantage. What we were left with in the end was a politician as corrupt as the guys we had previosuly but completely lacking the political skills to run a country.

Welcome to italy, united states of america. Welcome to italy.

mackaveli

No. The President and Vice President are not subject to conflict of interest restrictions. They can do anything they want. The blind trust concept is tradition.

Thanks for the info. So will this just be a corrupt administration with Trump just flowing money into his businesses and rewarding only his friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom