• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pence to lead Trump transition team

Status
Not open for further replies.

prag16

Banned
Why are three of his kids (plus a son in law) on his transition team. Don't they have businesses to run?

JohnsonUT

Why is it looking like the self acclaimed outsider is filling his team exclusively with veteran insiders? Very curious.

President-elect Trump also announced that the following leaders will join the Presidential Transition Team Executive Committee:

Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi
Jared Kushner
Donald Trump Jr.
Eric Trump
Ivanka Trump

Wait, didn't he bribe Pam Bondi with Trump Foundation money to drop the Trump U case?

So I guess nepotism and bribery are okay forms of corruption now. Trump supporters want to comment?

Seeing this list of persons I just cannot imagine Trumps government not falling due to enormous internal conflict, rows, bursting ego's and incompepence.

witness

Fucking Trump loves kicking Christie in the dick doesn't he? lol Jesus he's Charlie Brown trying to kick the football .

Seeing this list of persons I just cannot imagine Trumps government falling due to enormous internal conflict, rows, bursting ego's and incompepence.

Coupled with the intense media scrutiny and the mockery he will get daily on late night TV..now that I have made peace with the result, feeling a little bit excited for the shit show.

mackaveli

Should the kids be allowed to be on the transition team since they are currently running his businesses? I thought they would stay out of it in a so called "blind trust" or is that only after January 20th?

And is there even laws or checks to make sure that Trump doesn't secretly help his businesses for profit?

Like how do we know he doesn't cut some sweet deal with a foreign government to get some favours for his business to make money?

NimbusD

Don't worry guys, Trump is giving his business over to his kids, aka, people in charge of building his white house.

Fucking christ.

Mirk

Wait, didn't he bribe Pam Bondi with Trump Foundation money to drop the Trump U case?

So I guess nepotism and bribery are okay forms of corruption now. Trump supporters want to comment?

Was going to say looks like that paid off for her. Shit is so transparent.

More people in his team.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/12/u...&gwh=72360CEFD275F98CF84B819AC9DC6F0A&gwt=pay

Jeffrey Eisenach, a consultant who has worked for years on behalf of Verizon and other telecommunications clients, is the head of the team that is helping to pick staff members at the Federal Communications Commission.

Michael Catanzaro, a lobbyist whose clients include Devon Energy and Encana Oil and Gas, holds the “energy independence” portfolio.

Michael Torrey, a lobbyist who runs a firm that has earned millions of dollars helping food industry players such as the American Beverage Association and the dairy giant Dean Foods, is helping set up the new team at the Department of Agriculture.

Mr. Catanzaro’s client list is a who’s who of major corporate players — such as the Hess Corporation and Devon Energy — that have tried to challenge the Obama administration’s environmental and energy policies on issues such as how much methane gas can be released at oil and gas drilling sites, lobbying disclosure reports show.

He also worked with oil industry players to help push through major legislation goals, such as allowing the export of crude oil. He will now help pick Mr. Trump’s energy team.

Michael McKenna, another lobbyist helping to pick key administration officials who will oversee energy policy, has a client list that this year has included the Southern Company, one of the most vocal critics of efforts to prevent climate change by putting limits on emissions from coal-burning power plants.

Advisers with ties to other industries include Martin Whitmer, who is overseeing “transportation and infrastructure” for the Trump transition. He is the chairman of a Washington law firm whose lobbying clients include the Association of American Railroads and the National Asphalt Pavement Association.

David Malpass, the former chief economist at Bear Stearns, the Wall Street investment bank that collapsed during the 2008 financial crisis, is overseeing the “economic issues” portfolio of the transition, as well as operations at the Treasury Department. Mr. Malpass now runs a firm called Encima Global, which sells economic research to institutional investors and corporate clients.

Mr. Eisenach, as a telecom industry consultant, has worked to help major cellular companies fight back against regulations proposed by the F.C.C. that would mandate so-called net neutrality — requiring providers to give equal access to their networks to outside companies. He is now helping to oversee the rebuilding of the staff at the F.C.C.

Dan DiMicco, a former chief executive of the steelmaking company Nucor, who now serves on the board of directors of Duke Energy, is heading the transition team for the Office of the United States Trade Representative. Mr. DiMicco has long argued that China is unfairly subsidizing its manufacturing sector at the expense of American jobs.

Toxi

Banned
Christie will now serve as vice chairman. He's joined on the executive committee by former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, former New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani and Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions.

A statement says more than a dozen other people will also advise Trump on transition matters. They include some of Trump's children, Republican Party Chairman Reince Priebus and former Breitbart news executive Steve Bannon.

President-elect Trump also announced that the following leaders will join the Presidential Transition Team Executive Committee:

Congressman Lou Barletta
Congresswoman Marsha Blackburn
Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi
Congressman Chris Collins
Jared Kushner
Congressman Tom Marino
Rebekah Mercer
Steven Mnuchin
Congressman Devin Nunes
Anthony Scaramucci
Peter Thiel
Donald Trump Jr.
Eric Trump
Ivanka Trump
RNC Chairman Reince Priebus
Trump Campaign CEO Stephen K. Bannon
This is gonna be a fucking disastrous presidency.

I hope by the end of it every Trump voter feels like a jackass.

Biske

Christie would probably be better than the majority of people up for cabinet positions. That's the situation we're in.

This.

As gleeful as I am to see Christie get the shaft, this is probably super true. Compared to the rest of the folks, hes a god damned Einstein.

But if Jared Kushner don't like him, I think Christie has a one way ticket to fuck yourself town.

Trump is gonna listen to other Trumps first and foremost.

Rest of the folks gonna have to really really band together to counter act the Trump-lings wishes.

Is he draining the swamp so that he can re-fill it? I don't understand. Can I get a Trump supporter in here to interpret what's going on here?

This administration is gonna be four years of rolling disasters

Is he draining the swamp so that he can re-fill it? I don't understand. Can I get a Trump supporter in here to interpret what's going on here?

This administration is gonna be four years of rolling disasters

Futurama_740ef3_1220967.gif

These picks are so absurd that I can't even believe they're real.

"Let's appoint this guy to the FFC...so he can dismantle it."
"Energy Independence? Hmm...Better give it to the Big Oil dude."

duckroll

These picks are so absurd that I can't even believe they're real.

"Let's appoint this guy to the FFC...so he can dismantle it."

Maybe that's the ultimate game plan. Appoint enough people who would be more interested in dismantling the government organizations they lead rather than serving it, so in the end he has one less thing to worry about as President. Less work is better right?

I dunno, maybe someone who actually voted for him can explain this better?

Once all these fools get into a room, we need to attach rockets to it and blast it to the moon - Earth would be improved so much!

Sanders and Trump supporters were literally voting for the same thing and approaching it in different ways. They were both supporting their candidate on the idea that the American citizen, the American worker, and the American consumer were being taken advantage of by plutocratic forces.

Somehow, people felt that Trump, as an outsider and extremely wealthy businessmen, would create a climate of job growth by misconstruing the idea of 1. Reducing immigration and increasing deportation. 2. Growing business practices.

Sanders supporters united behind his and Elizabeth's Warren messages of exploitation by corporate and shareholder interests which have contributed to the growing disproportionate wealth among the ultra wealthy, and have contributed to the inability of small communities to grow and thrive in all states not near population centers that aren't able to contribute to shareholder margins, and to the large index groups that control real estate interests making housing unattainable by so many people in the country.

All speculations of Trumps cabinet have placed corporate interests at the top of the cabinet positions whether it's oil or wallstreet being in charge of departments they have conflicts of interests with. None of these people support citizens, all of these people support corporations and special interests.

This isn't the fault of the electoral system. This isn't the fault of the uneducated. This isn't the fault of people with racist tendencies. This is a political system that has been poisoned with forces that transcend the power of physical conflict.

This is what we do:

1. Stop protesting this instant. This does nothing but disrespect all of the citizens that voted for our president-elect. Their votes matter, and they're on our side trying to find solutions to today's issues. Blocking roads only makes everyone mad. Protests are going to be very important, but today is not that day. When that day comes protest in front of government buildings. Protest their phone lines and their mail boxes. Protest their workspace.

2. Find what you can do at a local and state level. The parties put so much pressure on national issues that it takes away from what is happening at a local level. Find solutions for local problems and educate your friends and your neighbors, and the people who don't share your overall political issues! For those in highly urban areas without early voting, this is a horribly broken part of our system that suppresses the voice of all voters. This must change because exercising your right to vote should be simple and sacred. Protest has to occur on a state level, and it can't wait four more years.

3. Liberals: You will never change people's stance on abortion. It is ok for people to not support abortion and to not one's right to decide. At the same time, those opposed need to stop trying to prevent measures that help contain population growth. This is a dead end issue that divides, and does not unite. Conservatives: You cannot deny people the peace and respect that you simply want for yourself. People are not that innately different. We have focused on social issues as primary voting issues for 2 to 3 decades, and we're letting other areas slip. You are not being oppressed. This is the ending of oppressing of others. Young adults: The ridiculousness of "safe spaces" and "microaggressions" must stop. What's happening right now is the real threat to you, not the expression of beliefs that contradict your own.

4. We need to support candidates that support investment at a local level and empowers workers. We need unionization to support a collective interest. We need reinvestment in the infrastructure of our communities, whether it is bringing safe water to Flint, solving the traffic crises of major metropolitan areas, or bringing modern internet and small modern businesses to the communities that have been left behind in the rural states. We must demand the Modern Deal.

5. We need to remove the monopolized power of mega-corporations, and that can only be done by demanding it at state and national levels. They are dangerous because they have the resources to act as powerfully as foreign state entities, but that power gets exerted on our country, our government, and our ways of life. Power that only cares about short-term profit margins. Not about you and your family at home, not about the continuance of our country at a national level, and not about the plights of people present and future, biospheres, and our environment at a global level.

We can only do this by being smart, supporting each other, and pressuring government when decisions are being made that adversely affect us.

Toxi

Banned
This is what we do:

1. Stop protesting this instant. This does nothing but disrespect all of the citizens that voted for our president-elect. Their votes matter, and they're on our side trying to find solutions to today's issues. Blocking roads only makes everyone mad. Protests are going to be very important, but today is not that day. When that day comes protest in front of government buildings. Protest their phone lines and their mail boxes. Protest their workspace.
"Stop protesting when it inconveniences me."

"Stop protesting when it inconveniences me."

Why the hell would someone in government care about a protest that blocks a poor single mother from getting to work at a grocery store on time that might get her fired? Why risk people's lives when emergency services can't get to medical emergencies? I'm also currently in a town of a massive 11,000 people. Trust me, nothing about the protests is inconveniencing me.

Toxi

Banned
Why the hell would someone in government care about a protest that blocks a poor single mother from getting to work at a grocery store on time that might get her fired? Why risk people's lives when emergency services can't get to medical emergencies?
Because it gets you noticed. That's the point of a protest.

Also, your post is basically "Stop caring about anything besides economic reform," as if that's the only issue striking Americans today. When you think liberals should stop caring about stuff like abortion rights, you abandon the people who actually showed up to vote for the Democrats on Tuesday.

I cannot wait for Senate confirmation hearings for the people Trump picks for his Cabinet. Democrats don't have the numbers to block nominations, but they'll get to ask pointed questions. Is Christie going to want to answer questions about the bridge, under oath and on television? Is Bondi going to want to talk about the Trump Foundation? Is Trump going to want her to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom