• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pennsylvania same-sex marriage ban ruled unconstitutional

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paskil

http://www.washingtonblade.com/2014/05/20/pennsylvania-same-sex-marriage-ban-struck-down/

Looks like no stay. Counties can waive the three day waiting period.

Here's the ruling in full.

The judge is a George W. Bush appointee.

Preemptively changing the GIF
although this is an edit so is not preemptive

giphy.gif

Wilsongt

Quick, has any PA straight gaffer's marriages suddenly fallen apart? Have wives and husbands suddenly turned gay?

Didn't think so.

Paskil

The fact that this is the state that Rick Santorum represented as a US Senator makes this all the more lovely. That guy used some pretty sick rhetoric in regards to homosexuals, both as individuals and committed couples.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Hey, that's where I live. Now we can make everyone get gay married whether they like it or not.

brb heading to the genderless dystopia command center.

commedieu

Banned
Quick, has any PA straight gaffer's marriages suddenly fallen apart? Have wives and husbands suddenly turned gay?

Didn't think so.

well.. have we actually had any news since this in PA?

The Gay -Straight-Cleansing riot may have already gone full blown :\

SHIT!

has anyone checked on the children?!?!?>

GhaleonEB

That's two in one week, with Oregon. The dominoes are falling faster and faster. I figured things would move quickly after the SCOTUS ruling, but this is much faster than I had expected.

Son Of D

What states have yet to unban it (names please, I'm terrible at knowing which state is which on a map)? And what's the one expected to be last?

Done by Judge John E Jones III.

Hey look:

Judge Jones is a Republican judge from Pennsylvania, and was appointed by President George W. Bush[3] after being recommended by ultra-conservative and pro-life firebrand US Senator Rick Santorum.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This one isn't fair though, it forces my straight eyes to glide down his perfect moist taught body.

Bullshit.
This is how we get you.

Embrace the Gay Male Gaze.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
18 states down, 32 states to go. Almost halfway up the mountain - the view from the top is going to be grand.

AndyD

aka andydumi
It already was. There's a stay pending an infinite flood of appeals from the Christian right.

Right. All those striped states have pending cases. If those go through like today's that's another dozen or so states.

Anyone have the breakdown by % of population?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom