• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penny Arcade's game industry Ping Pong challenge

ManaByte

Gold Member
http://www.penny-arcade.com/2007/02/05

Everyone played great and we all had a blast. So much so in fact that we’ve decided to try and cook up some more action. Seattle has a ton of game developers and every single time I visit one of their studios I always see a ping pong table. So we’re going to issue a challenge to anyone in the game industry. If you can pull together your best seven people and you want to take us on please send me an email with the subject “PING PONG CHALLENGE!”

Now let me stress that we are not all as good as Robert. We’ve got some definite beginners on the team and a few of us who take it a little more serious but we really run the gamut. The main thing is we just love to play and we really like the chance to play new people. So here are some of the rules if you want to join us.

-You must work in the game industry in some capacity. Obviously if you’re in or around the Seattle area that would be best.

-You need to bring seven people and they must be ranked so that your number one will face our number one and so on all the way down the ladder.

-We adhere as best we can to the USATT Table Tennis Rules. This isn’t Beer Pong.

-Games are played to 11 with service rotation every 2 points. A match consists of best 3 out of 5 games.

-It’s not required but we also have a couple doubles teams. If you can field a team or two as well, we’d love to get our doubles on. We consider these to be exhibition matches.

-Players must bring their A game. We will not allow any weak shit in our house. If someone is caught bringing weak shit we will exclaim in a very loud voice “Yo, why you bring that weak shit up in my house!”

-Victory as of right now means street cred and bragging rights. If this ends up being popular and we can get a little game industry league going I think we should definitely make some sort of trophy to pass around.

So shoot me an email if you’re interested. We have a decent table here at our office with a good amount of space but we’re willing to play an away game if it’s not too far. Oh and if you’re looking at Kiko’s flickr page and you see the posters of Gabe and Tycho in Ping Pong gear you might be wondering what the **** that is. Well, I can’t tell you. It’s a secret.

20070216.jpg

http://blog.station.sony.com/

To Penny Arcade…

To Penny Arcade:

Hopefully the welts from the ping pong balls won’t hurt you too much. I suggest wearing a cup.

p.s. I’ll bring the donuts.

- Smed

pingpong_1.jpg

pingpong_2.jpg

pingpong_3.jpg

pingpong_4t1.jpg

Vyer

I-I think those were some sort of photoshop attempt from SOE at smack talk?

I don't know. It's bad.

element

oh shit!! I'm on this like white on rice in a paper cup in a snowstorm!

I will have to email robert at PA

black_13

Banned
Sounds rather lame actually. THey want industry folks to head on down to their offices and have a Ping Pong tournament?

Although would be interesting to see Rockstar's Table Tennis team followed up on this.

Top Bottom