• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People and their masks

Elcid

Banned
Let me preface this by saying I'm in Miami.
This mask nonsense is beyond ridiculous at this point.
I understand wearing a mask in stores for whatever reason, mainly because it's mandated or they won't let you in.
I understand wanting to social distance in certain cases.
I had lunch at work the other day with coworkers and we had no masks and sat about 2ft apart.
But when I see idiots jogging in 95+ degree weather with masks on.
When I see a family of four bicycling, the two young children with masks on, again in 95+ degree weather.
At what point does logic kick in? You're fucking outside. Why are you wearing a mask?!
It's so God damn hot and humid outside you can barely breathe without a mask!
I swear some of these articles are beyond ridiculous. They want me to wear a mask to fuck my wife?
They want me to wear a mask indoors around my children?
At what point do I put a mask on my dog because they too can have coronavirus!
Should I mask my 3 month old daughter too?
I put my shit on when I walk through the doors of a store and take that shit off the second I walk out of those doors. Anything else, the CDC and my local government can shove these fucking things up their ass.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
It is a hysterical moral panic at this point, people desperately grasping for control in an uncontrollable situation

7300 cases studied, a grand total of one was from outdoor transmission, where a person had a conversation with an infected person

Elcid

Banned
It is a hysterical moral panic at this point, people desperately grasping for control in an uncontrollable situation

7300 cases studied, a grand total of one was from outdoor transmission, where a person had a conversation with an infected person
I think it's not mandated to wear a mask while outside. Only to go into shops and coffee shops. At least that's how it is in my country.
Wearing a mask outside on the pavement is just retarded, imo.
Oh and I forgot to mention the fucking imbeciles wearing their masks in their cars ALONE with the windows up and their AC on(again Miami, you'd be dead otherwise). At what point do these people look in the mirror and think
tenor.gif

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Oh and I forgot to mention the fucking imbeciles wearing their masks in their cars ALONE with the windows up and their AC (again Miami, you'd be dead otherwise). At what point do these people look in the mirror and think
tenor.gif

lol I've seen this too man, in New York. At first I thought it was all Uber but nope. People literally driving around in their cars because a floating covid miasma from the sidewalk 10 feet from their car is going to get into their intake and go through to their AC system and infect them?

Elcid

Banned
Well i have a free pass for not wearing a mask anywhere.
Its called a doctors note.
And i am lovin it.
Damn I'm jealous. I'm not going back to my doctor to get one cause I'd have to pay the fucker a copay for that.

Jtibh

Banned
lol I've seen this too man, in New York. At first I thought it was all Uber but nope. People literally driving around in their cars because a floating covid miasma from the sidewalk 10 feet from their car is going to get into their intake and go through to their AC system and infect them?
I've seen people wearing masks in their own homes.
Maybe the ants are contagious as well???

Jtibh

Banned
Damn I'm jealous. I'm not going back to my doctor to get one cause I'd have to pay the fucker a copay for that.
Well i say its worth every penny.
Though my came with a lifelong membership due to my surgery.

Here in my city and my city alone in alberta they make masks mandatory from august 1st.

So almoat t months after the breakout.
So smart. So helpful.
At this point its all just a political statement as even this order came from the mayor and not from alberta health.
The city councel voted in favour. But sure dont ever ask the public how they feel about it huh?

So even though its in effect from aug 1st, already see everyone like a little good soldier wearing the masks everywhere.

Masks became compulsory in shops in England from the 24th July, but not really.

The big supermarkets are offering masks to people who don't have them, rather than flat out refusing entry. Mid-sized and smaller super-markets are 'advising' people to wear them, but won't refuse service and small shops just don't give a fuck. There's more social pressure to wear one than anything else.

It makes me wonder if, after the initial panic of making PPE, that there are a lot of companies with millions of spare masks sat about that need to be sold, otherwise they're all going in the bin. Is "wear a mask" just an excuse to not tank one industry, during an economic down-turn?

cryptoadam

Banned
Its the quick fix. Everyone thinks its the silver bullet and will just make COVID go away.

I remember back in the day when the experts said masks would provide a false sense of security and by adjusting/touching your mask you will spread the virus more.

Now they seem to forget about all of that because of politics and the optics of looking like you are doing something.

Anyways June 18th Cali made masks mandatory, when will their cases start dropping from the mask wearing?

I will wear my mask when I go inside somewhere but I am not wearing it in my car or walking outside.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
It's probably psychological. I have no problem wearing a mask at any time breathing. It's about the same with or without one.

HF2014

Im speechless when i see people driving around with their mask in their car. That i just dont understand. I wear it in any stores, subway , but i think when your outside, there is no risk by keeping a distance. Place i hate wearing it the most now is at my job, but hey, were all in this.

cryptoadam

Banned
Im speechless when i see people driving around with their mask in their car. That i just dont understand. I wear it in any stores, subway , but i think when your outside, there is no risk by keeping a distance. Place i hate wearing it the most now is at my job, but hey, were all in this.

Its possible people just forget or don't want to touch their masks by removing them.

If I was going from Costco and then to Home Depot I would maybe keep my mask on so I don't touch my face. If I was going home that thing is coming off ASAP.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Yea if I am going between places where I have to wear a mask, I will leave it on my face while I drive in order to prevent contamination/touching it. It's not all that unreasonable

Elcid

Banned
Its possible people just forget or don't want to touch their masks by removing them.

If I was going from Costco and then to Home Depot I would maybe keep my mask on so I don't touch my face. If I was going home that thing is coming off ASAP.
Yea if I am going between places where I have to wear a mask, I will leave it on my face while I drive in order to prevent contamination/touching it. It's not all that unreasonable
Why not just sanitize your hands? This bitch virus dies from anything.

On that note, I've reused each mask like 20 times. I grab whatever's on the floor of my car and throw it on.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Anyways June 18th Cali made masks mandatory, when will their cases start dropping from the mask wearing?

States reopen, no increase in cases for eight weeks - wait two more weeks, granny murderer
Massive protests, increase in cases 1-2 weeks later in places with biggest protests - it's not the protests, bigot
Wear masks for six weeks, no decrease in cases - wear the mask, granny murderer

K3HDpCA.png

HF2014

Yeah its a possibility. But there is people in my area, where there is no store, that have their mask already on. I understand going from store to store no need to remove if you think you might have touch something and could not clean your hand, but i feel some people think its the best thing to constantly keep it on, like if the virus was airborne.

I’ll wear it in a store and we have to wear them at work but the whole thing just seems weird at this point. Like some kind of mind control shit. Im not wearing mine to go walk outside or when I’m alone in my car. If you’re that brainwashed then do what you feel you need to do.

cryptoadam

Banned
Yeah its a possibility. But there is people in my area, where there is no store, that have their mask already on. I understand going from store to store no need to remove if you think you might have touch something and could not clean your hand, but i feel some people think its the best thing to constantly keep it on, like if the virus was airborne.

I saw someone in their own yard with no one around on the street (its also a dead street with barely ever cars on it anyways) working their lawn with a mask on. couldn't help but laugh. No one with 300 feet and yet still wearing a mask.

cryptoadam

Banned
I'm simply stating a fact. I'm not risking catching this virus again so i'm wearing one whenever i'm outside of my vehicle.

But the mask doesn't protect you, and the virus can get into your eyes.

See you have been propagandized and bought it hook line and sinker.

A mask protects others if you are sick. Since we don't know if someone is sick wearing a mask is a courtesy. But your little 10 cent mask isn't protecting you from the virus. The whole point of a mask is to protect others.

If you already got the virus and cleared it odds are you aren't getting it twice for a while (if ever) so you wearing a mask is pretty much pointless. Its even doubly pointless if you wear it to protect yourself. Wear it so you don't spread the virus. If you had it and recovered there is really no reason outside of symbolic one to wear a mask.

And BTW the mask won't hide your identity while you are burning down Trump towers so you might want to wear a ski mask or stocking.

Keihart

On that note, I've reused each mask like 20 times. I grab whatever's on the floor of my car and throw it on.
sanitizing your hands constantly it's probably worse than leaving your mask on while your are out...unless you are worried about some political statement or something , that is.

Tesseract

Banned
i stopped caring a while ago

local ordinances for indoors like grocers and doctors, but i've gone to the beach a few times without

Last edited:

Elcid

Banned
sanitizing your hands constantly it's probably worse than leaving your mask on while your are out...unless you are worried about some political statement or something , that is.
It’s more to do with the fact that I have a thick beard and it’s humid and hot as fuck. I can’t stand wearing the thing and now I have to wear glasses so this fucking thing fogs up my glasses. I also haven’t been sanitizing either more than the usual wash my hands when I go to the bathroom or am going to eat.

frostyxc

I'm glad you brought this up because everyone just seems to be speaking their own truth about masks without actually knowing if outdoor transmission -- in normal circumstances, not rioting -- is an issue, not to mention how effective masks are in general. And do people not know what "asymptomatic" means? If you don't have symptoms, you're not going to be vectoring this thing to anyone... unless you have a doorknob-licking fetish or something. Get some help!

Being in North Somalia... I mean North Seattle... I see the car, kids, and exercise virus signaling nonsense everywhere, and almost no one wears them correctly, anyway. I don't wear one unless I'm going into a store, and I just keep whatever hospital mask that my friend gave me two months ago wadded up in my pocket. I barely get colds anymore and never had the flu (as far as I remember), so I was over this virus before it got popular. I still get the beer flu sometimes, but that's between me and my liver. "What about the grandmas?" you ask. Both of mine died from Corona that I gave them, but that's not the point! Seriously, though, the elderly find me "totes lame", so it's not something I have to worry about. Regardless, I like to give people a space cushion in normal times, so whatever.

Should I mask my 3 month old daughter too?
You might as well just smother your infant with a pillow, you virus-spreading bigot. The kid's already racist, anyway. Where's the slide whistle button to signify this line as an edgy joke? I can't find it...

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Oh and I forgot to mention the fucking imbeciles wearing their masks in their cars ALONE with the windows up and their AC on(again Miami, you'd be dead otherwise). At what point do these people look in the mirror and think
tenor.gif

Ok smart guy.

Most likely they're on their way to the store and don't have some place clean to keep their mask resting on while in the car.

Last edited:

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game

lol wow

I guess if you're the type of person that picks up a used mask from the floor to put on your face, wearing a mask wouldn't make much sense. Do you also eat chocolate you find on the sidewalk? Perhaps you reuse condoms you find on the ground too?

Last edited:

Elcid

Banned
lol wow

I guess if you're the type of person that picks up a used mask from the floor to put on your face, wearing a mask wouldn't make much sense. Do you also eat chocolate you find on the sidewalk? Perhaps you reuse condoms you find on the ground too?
Used in my car, may be my wife’s. I don’t eat off the floor though that’s just grossies. Lastly, lulz condoms. I haven’t used a condom since I was 18.

Last edited:

Armorian

Banned
I think it's not mandated to wear a mask while outside. Only to go into shops and coffee shops. At least that's how it is in my country.
Wearing a mask outside on the pavement is just retarded, imo.

It was mandatory in Poland for like 2 months I think, everywhere. Now it's like you discribed, plus in city transport.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I'm glad you brought this up because everyone just seems to be speaking their own truth about masks without actually knowing if outdoor transmission -- in normal circumstances, not rioting -- is an issue, not to mention how effective masks are in general. And do people not know what "asymptomatic" means? If you don't have symptoms, you're not going to be vectoring this thing to anyone... unless you have a doorknob-licking fetish or something. Get some help!

Yea, worth noting that the science is very iffy on asymptomatic transmission, and all this shit - ALL OF IT, the lockdowns, the masks, everything - is based on asymptomatic transmission being identical to symptomatic transmission. The current evidence says... maybe? But probably not.

Yea, though, even if it is, the science for widespread outdoor transmission is pretty firm, it's just not happening. The constant mask usage is about way more than science or knowledge, it's just hysteria.

mcjmetroid

Ya the mask thing is fucking retarded.

I havent checked the news in a while but now everyone is being arsy about me not having a mask all of a sudden. Like regular people are starting to look at your weird.

Like fuck you. Where was this shit 3 months ago?

Sorry but this shit annoys me.

NecrosaroIII

What is so hard about wearing a mask? If there is one thing I hope stays the same after COVID, it is the practice of wearing masks

mcjmetroid

What is so hard about wearing a mask? If there is one thing I hope stays the same after COVID, it is the practice of wearing masks
Wha?

Wearing the mask is very annoying I refuse to believe anybody enjoys wearing them and I think there is more potential damage to be done by wearing a mask as well. People seem to think it'll stop them getting covid 19.. it won't. It'll make people complacent and forget the social distancing and hygiene part.

It's ONE of the things including social distancing, washing hands regular etc that can help keep it from spreading to others.

Once I'm told to not wear a mask again it's going in the bin.

You're gonna get sick at some point in the future from something, you're probably going to give it to someone else.
That's life.

Not saying you but.. this covid shit is going to create a legion of paranoid germaphobes in the future with mental health issues.

NecrosaroIII

Mask wearing has been common in Asia for a long time. It's a good practice to have. Sure it won't fix everything, but it's a good precaution and another tool. Doctors can wear that shit for 19 hours+. So can you.

At least wear it when you're sick.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Mask wearing has been common in Asia for a long time. It's a good practice to have. Sure it won't fix everything, but it's a good precaution and another tool. Doctors can wear that shit for 19 hours+. So can you.

Mask wearing in Asian countries when you are sick is considered a courtesy, they don't spend 365 days in the year with some shit wrapped around their face.

Pay me like a doctor and I'll wear a mask like a doctor.

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

That's largely due to the horrible pollution in those countries though. The smog.

HeLurks

Banned
Oh boy, so you folks are anti-mask too, eh?

Outdoors, with distance to people, I also do not see a point. But close to people, in public transport or in buildings. Yep. Mask. And I am not doing it because of communism, mind control or herd mentality. I do it, because it is easy. Low effort. I cannot understand this endless whining. Yes, my glasses fog up too. Yes, it is a minor inconvenience. So what? Grow a pair! Or do all you guys also not wear seatbelts and have no insurance? Oh wait ...

Last edited:
Top Bottom