• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People are streaming "shows" via PS4 twitch..

panty

that actually seems humane and caring, unlike all the other horrible shit

Spreading shit like that is humane and caring? And stating "HE POINTED THE GUN AT THE KID", that's humane and caring too when he definitely didn't do any of that shit.

lol thebeastlygamer is streaming him about to do a tekken fight someone in the chat challenged him to.........the little robot is enjoying the fuck out of the fight, hes all jumping around like its a 3 way

zidigan

lol thebeastlygamer is streaming him about to do a tekken fight someone in the chat challenged him to.........the little robot is enjoying the fuck out of the fight, hes all jumping around like its a 3 way

Yeah, I really enjoy watching him and his family because they all are gamers, at least the wife and husband, and they have a TON of old games and consoles and can legitimately discuss them unlike spartanm who seems to have no clue about anything outside of CoD.

However, I do like the idea of if he (spartanm) made the channel into a "teach me about games" type of thing, but his current format is just sad to watch. I doubt he'll do that though since he always seems to pretend like he knows what is going on. I'm still trying to figure out his bearded friend tho... he seems to be at least semi-knowledgeable when he talks, but usually spartan just talks over him.

That beastly gamer stream was legitimately awesome. I can' stand The Spartan show. I'm okay with Twitch being pure gaming streams. I think it will be awesome once the PS4 library gets larger. As far as the UStream stuff, I hope they let people still broadcast. I find it fascinating getting a view on and talking to someone who actually plays games. Really, the Spartan show is awful. I mean it's cute in a way, but I don't get it. Beastly was awesome.

This guy seems chill. From LA, staying with his sis for the holidays in Chicago, an ex-movie editor, now in the medical field....ah fuck...why do I know all this!!!
Right?! Lol, he's still standing there answering stupid questions.

I have to say, the Playroom music is really the star in all these streams. I'll never forget it.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Just turned on the spartan show for the first time.

THIS is what people were hyped about?

Wow.

It was cute until he started getting serious about it, which was about the time his wife went to bed the first night.

Donos

Just turned on the spartan show for the first time.

THIS is what people were hyped about?

Wow.

The "fame" got into his head pretty quick. He also had the benefit of beeing one of the first to use Playroom that way. He then stayed online waaay to long and draged this out.

Eggbok

This is from a day ago, the chat was hilarious! He got closed though, he started dancing and his shorts fell off.
jUZrcTsiEoh0r.jpg

Well, the shenanigans just hit Drudge Report (bottom left story):

Link to story (Semi-NSFW - picture of woman in teddy and stockings)

siren.gif

EKjpPPk.jpg

Instead of sharing FIFA wonder goals or Call of Duty action, a PS4 owner has used the new live-streaming feature to expose his wife’s breast and strip her naked in front for the whole gaming community to see.

One of the new ways PlayStation is hoping to bring gamers together is by letting users broadcast their gaming live through Twitch, via a peripheral camera. One game, called Playroom, records you in your living room playing with virtual creations – and this is where the problem started.

As reported by website GameRevolution, the couple sat on their sofa drinking until the woman passed out. He then lifted her shirt and exposed her breast for “about 15 minutes.” After that he went one step further by briefly turning off the broadcast only to return with the unconscious woman completely stripped naked.

The user was reportedly banned instantly but they were not the only ones getting up to naughtiness. Some other users made videos of themselves parading around with guns, while others paraded around naked.

It was only a matter of time before PlayStation users exploited and defiled the live-streaming feature. At the moment the feature is open for any gamer to publicly display all manner of X-rated shenanigans before they are banned. What this means for its future and the implications of censorship will surely be a big issue for Sony.

There is an easy fix for this. Ban console users from being able to broadcast any video of themselves through Twitch or Ustream. Limit it only to direct feed from the console of the games themselves. Ban everything related to The Playroom.

Sure it's been possible to stream video from your own home PC for more than a decade. But the point is that this is obviously something that shouldn't be in the hands of the average console user.

StaSeb

What the f*** is going on with the Playroom? I did not follow the thread for a week and now this app has turnied into some kind of trolling-device and weird insight into the average amercian household. I am kind of disturbed. But I cannot look away!

Oni Jazar

What the f*** is going on with the Playroom? I did not follow the thread for a week and now this app has turnied into some kind of trolling-device and weird insight into the average amercian household. I am kind of disturbed. But I cannot look away!

I can't fathom what will happen when Germany gets involved. :eek:

jsip

Banned
If this keeps getting out of hand, we might see Sony block the camera from streaming and only allow game footage/audio.

Theeze

Neo Member
This is likely the reason Nintendo doesn't include an adult oriented section on the Miiverse. It's so innocent right now, Imagine Miiverse without restrictions, you'll see people drawing penises and post crap.

Chun-Li

Sony and Twitch really need to do something about this. The kids being harassed by the stream chat is absolutely unacceptable. As cool as the idea of streaming Playroom is, it needs to have heavy control put onto it. Parental controls, etc.

For the most part, I don't think twitch stream monsters on PC should be able to comment on people's streams. PSN IDs should be required on Twitch if you're on PS4. And only PS4 users should be able to leave comments. Users that are sick freaks like the ones shown in that pic with the little kids should be banned on the spot and lose access to PSN. There needs to be real consequences. And unless strict guidelines are placed, this is not ever going to go well.

Maybe something like this needed to happen to finally get twitch to impose some real consequences in their chats. They let stuff get out of hand and it shows.

Top Bottom