• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – The Fifth and Final Season |OT| "Thank you for creating me."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doorman

So now we're up to, what, three or four different people that the Voice has been coercing to do other things just in the course of this one case?

I'm guessing that what's behind that board is info on Reese and Finch. All the rest of these shenanigans are just a big lure to get two of them isolated and eliminated. Everything else just seems like it's all turning into one big roundabout anyway.

Doorman

The ending of the episode was great all around. Fusco finally a "real" part of the team just in time for it all to come crashing down, Shaw back but it seems obvious that something's still going to go wrong with her not trusting herself, and Elias proving that he's still Elias.

"You cannot be permitted to continue." Honestly I thought that the Voice was going to get a bullet right through the head at that moment, but the way it was handled instead was pretty damn good.

When Finch smirks as he sees the voice's car burn.

funny-face.gif

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Guess it's possible that this Jeff guy, the new Samaritan guy, is the planted "deus ex machina" for whatever the Samaritan solution might be. That, and whenever Harold decides to do whatever upgrade that Root keeps bugging about.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Was that The National?

Yep. Fake Empire. Perfect song. It kind of represented a new light of hope in the team. A big baddie was taken out. Fusco and Shaw are back.

God damn. Best episode of the season, I think. I might be biased because of the use of the song from The National (fucking love the band), but the pace and all was on point.

EDIT: Also, it seems like Finch's metamorphosis has begun. Can't believe it's Elias doing. Thought they were going to keep him a bit for fan service, but it turns out he still has a big role to play. Awesome. I also didn't think they were going to bring the voice guy again. Nice to see we got that one tied up. Still have the rich guy ("One Percent") and the retired MI6 guy ("Critical") from Season 2. Doubt they'll fit in, specially since the writers are probably counting on people forgetting those.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yep. Fake Empire. Perfect song. It kind of represented a new light of hope in the team. A big baddie was taken out. Fusco and Shaw are back.

God damn. Best episode of the season, I think. I might be biased because of the use of the song from The National (fucking love the band), but the pace and all was on point.

EDIT: Also, it seems like Finch's metamorphosis has begun. Can't believe it's Elias doing. Thought they were going to keep him a bit for fan service, but it turns out he still has a big role to play. Awesome.

He's the "well, there's no time left for you to come back, so boom-bye" guy.

But yeah, Finch's probably about to hit the "fight back by any means necessary" point.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
And I expect that the machine will be the one that ultimately reigns him in.

I'd feel pretty bad if a non human entity that probably doesn't feel told me "hey, dude, you're going a bit too far"

katagai

Based off the name of tomorrow night's episode, I'm expecting another awesome scene with perfectly chosen licensed music.

Man 10/10 episode. Loved the callback to the open thread of the voice. Shaw and Root! Elias and Harold! Fusco and John! Great pairings, interesting case. Everything was firing on all cylinders

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Also, I love how they reuse locations:

person-of-interest-premiere-pic.jpg

Same place Finch recruited John and had some chats with him.

PK Gaming

The ending of the episode was great all around. Fusco finally a "real" part of the team just in time for it all to come crashing down, Shaw back but it seems obvious that something's still going to go wrong with her not trusting herself, and Elias proving that he's still Elias.

"You cannot be permitted to continue." Honestly I thought that the Voice was going to get a bullet right through the head at that moment, but the way it was handled instead was pretty damn good.

Best line in the episode, and arguably one of the best in series

Sober

Yes fuck yes the reunion scene was goddamn perfect. The whole team is back together under the bridge that was in the pilot where Reese met Finch.

And Fusco's yellow goddamn BOX.

FUCK just end the show, happy endings all around. Fuck everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom