• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – The Fifth and Final Season |OT| "Thank you for creating me."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
That was waaaay too fast. Thanks, 13 episodes.

Bugs exist, though. Definitely has some ghosting issues with previous important people.

Definitely still some bugs, Finch should probably know better and have given it more time to fix it, though I guess he assumes it was just him.

OH yeah...this is going well...LOL

Finch and Root is one of the best character pairings in TV history.

Love it

Edit: Root and Finch bringing the feels.

Doorman

Kinda wondered about that, as soon as it said "contextualizing" and we got to relive some of the highlights.

Looks like the Machine is singling out violent activity of any kind, regardless of whether it's justified or what. Are we back to the good old days of Harold having to hack it to pieces like his early tests? :D

Doorman

This episode is such a bizarre mix of intriguing, heartbreaking, and hilarious, and is jumping constantly between the three of them seemingly every two minutes or so.

Lonestar

How many of the 62 were from info given by the machine? That's a question to ask Harold.

Doorman

"I DID"

Well.

Shit's real now. But if the Machine is at the point where it's already able to dispatch deadly force on its own to take care of what it deems as a threat...what happens then? The assassin kills Reese, and is immediately classified as a threat herself because she killed a guy? Or is this the point where it realizes that the team's violence has had its own justifications? Curious to see what direction they take to try and resolve this.

Danny 117

How many of the 62 were from info given by the machine? That's a question to ask Harold.

I only remember 3 kills and that would be in the episode where he
rams the car after carter dies.(the 'hurt' episode intro)

There may be plenty more but they jumped out at me.

EDIT: did they even die? lol

Lonestar

I only remember 3 kills and that would be in the episode where he
rams the car after carter dies.(the 'hurt' episode intro)

There may be plenty more but they jumped out at me.

EDIT: did they even die? lol

He's killed more in post CIA, but a lot were from when he worked for the CIA, off of numbers from the machine

Nobility

Banned
After all, who would want to destroy the center of their world?...

Like Relevance, Zero Day, (/), If-Then-Else; this episode advances POI unlike any episode before it. Though it looks like they crammed 3-4 episodes in one because of the shorten schedule. We got a glimpse of creation, destruction and choices.

We always said POI is about ramifications and this episode could not have summed up this series better.

Shout out to all the writers of this show, I am always amazed at how they can make a computer bring out every emotion I can think of in 40 minutes.

Master theater at work here.

Lonestar

I will also say, I'm having serious mental health worries on Finch. The Machine didn't seem to understand what he was talking about, "seeing" Grace in multiple instances. I even wonder about the blurred faces (will need to go back to see what Root says).

This, tied into bringing up his father's dementia in the 1st episode, makes me wonder if somethings going wrong...

Kreuzader

tumblr_o6xxzg3Bse1t8pecvo1_400.gif

Another great episode, Finch having an heart to heart with the Machine is always great, I find it incredible how much presence the Machine has as a character in the show, the writers deserves full credit here

Sober

Great episode. Man the picnic scene at the end was pure :3 and I loved every second of it.

I will also say, I'm having serious mental health worries on Finch. The Machine didn't seem to understand what he was talking about, "seeing" Grace in multiple instances. I even wonder about the blurred faces (will need to go back to see what Root says).

This, tied into bringing up his father's dementia in the 1st episode, makes me wonder if somethings going wrong...
NO STOP

DONT YOU DARE

JUST STOP NO THIS THEORY IS BAD STOP

Lonestar

Great episode. Man the picnic scene at the end was pure :3 and I loved every second of it.

NO STOP

DONT YOU DARE

JUST STOP NO THIS THEORY IS BAD STOP

SERIES FINALE: FINCH INSTALLS HIS BRAIN INTO THE COMPUTER BEFORE HE FADES AWAY, YOU KNOW, HE REALLY IS THE PERSON OF INTEREST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom