• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 3 Portable |OT|: Mixing Things Up for Third Trimester

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
ultron87 said:
Nice OP.

Maybe I can borrow my brother's PSP for awhile to play this. . .

Mshe's social links sound so much better than the Male's. You actually get to be friends with all your teammates! Yay!

Do the opposite sex SLinks still only result in intimate relationships or is there a "just friends" option like in P4?

I hope so, I will become friends with all the guys.....and then friend zone them so nothing more happens :D

Pancho

Qurupancho
Totally forgot about this, will buy! I never played FES but beat the original P3. Those bunch of changes sound just about right (specially the whole exhaustion thing and the direct control for your teammates). And the fact that the girl MC's story is so different from the male makes me play the game even more!

Getting more and more hyped by the day!

So Gaf, as someone who played up to about December in both P3 and P3f (took a break around there each time for a new release or something else, and by the time I decided to go back, learned that there was an enhanced version coming out) which protagonist should I start with?

Trevelyan

Banned
Got this with release date delivery from Amazon. Really excited to play it again since the last time was the vanilla version 3 years ago. Still unsure if I wanna play the female MC or the male though. Either way, this game will make the rest of the summer fly by.

Reknoc

Don said:
:(

Although I already posted in the other thread that GAME have it listed with Ghostlight as the publisher, and they even updated the game page recently with screenshots and a description.

http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PSP/Role-Playing/Shin-Megami-Tensei-Persona-3/~r349841/?s=persona

So keep the hope alive!

Interesting. Ghostlight haven't published a SMT game since like, the first Devil Summoner. They did a pretty good job of it though even if there was some errors in DDS.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Didn't know they simplified the physical attacks. Really disappointed with that. It was the one change from 3 to 4 that I hated from the battle system, I much preferred needing to keep a balanced party with different types of physical attacks along with magic.

stupei

I'll be honest, I own both versions of this game and have no idea when I'll find time to play it again (as a girl, obviously), but I pre-ordered anyway for the hat.

For possibly obvious reasons.

faridmon

Will someone think of us EU gamers. can't I go to a shop and buy an SMT game with having the burden to import it :(

someone localise this please :(

Trevelyan said:
Got this with release date delivery from Amazon. Really excited to play it again since the last time was the vanilla version 3 years ago. Still unsure if I wanna play the female MC or the male though. Either way, this game will make the rest of the summer fly by.
When did they offer Release Date Delivery? Wasn't there like two weeks ago.

Trevelyan

Banned
Freyjadour said:
When did they offer Release Date Delivery? Wasn't there like two weeks ago.

Yeah, I know. I went back yesterday to look at other PSP games and noticed they added it. Go change it, quick! :lol

Awesome job on the OP! This'll be my second game in the series, I played through and loved the Persona PSP remake, so hopefully I'll enjoy this. Don't know when exactly I'll be playing it though, what with Dragon Quest IX coming out so soon.

Woohoo! I was looking for a good reason to play this a second time (shits and giggles doesn't cut it). Totally forgot about the new character. Looks like I'm gonna double dip the shit out of this.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
hamchan said:
I like playing as girls in video games. Don't know why.

Because it's more fun to stare at a girl's ass for X amount of hours. That's why.

depward

Tempted.. but not sure. Purchased P3 and P3 FES and didn't play a ton; I do tend to play RPGs more on the PSP tho... hmmmm

I enjoyed P4 but it got buried amongst the other stuff I was playing at the time so never finished it. The fact that this is coming out now (i.e. with not a lot else coming out) and on PSP (i.e. portable) means that I am a lot more confident about spending a lot more time with this. Really anticipating it now :)

Blueblur1

chandoog said:
Because it's more fun to stare at a girl's ass for X amount of hours. That's why.
1z5sqbq.jpg

Why of course.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I briefly played P3 years ago, but eventually moved on, thinking that it'd be perfect for a portable.
I briefly played PS FES a year or two after that, and thought that it'd be perfect for a portable.
Now I will play P3P on my PSP. And will love it to death.

But first, to finish Strange Journey!

Lain

Reknoc said:
That is one cool hat. Shame VG+ don't have it.

VG+ has it, unless you mean the edition with the cap, which they don't have indeed, but the cap is useless, so...

So now you are able to control team-mates, have they removed it being game over if the main character dies? I hate that concept more than any other thing in RPGs and couldnt finish the PS2 version because of it.

Trevelyan said:
Yeah, I know. I went back yesterday to look at other PSP games and noticed they added it. Go change it, quick! :lol
So it is! Changed to release date delivery :D

Wish they'd do the same for DQIX.

Reknoc

Lain said:
VG+ has it, unless you mean the edition with the cap, which they don't have indeed, but the cap is useless, so...

Yea the one with the cap, but you're wrong it is an awesome cap and I want it. :( *preordered Dragon Quest IX from play.com 'cause of the slime cap*

Gosh now I would feel rushed to beat it once with the male character than again with the female. New Game+ Option carriers over what with each playthrough (and you can change main characters Im guessing?)

Mejilan

Not sure who I'm going to play as. I never really got anywhere in the PS2 versions, so either would work, I think.

Delio

Yeah i have this preordered (yay for hat that wont fit me!) Already played thru P3 and Fes so triple dipping go!

hank_tree

Oh I can't wait for this. It has also given me the encouragement I needed to try and finish Persona 4 before next week.

Dedication Through Light said:
Gosh now I would feel rushed to beat it once with the male character than again with the female. New Game+ Option carriers over what with each playthrough (and you can change main characters Im guessing?)
I don't know for certain, but I'd be really surprised if you could play as a different character in New Game+. If I remember correctly, New Game+ allows you to carry over your equipment, consumables, money, and all the special items you receive from maxing out Social Links that let you fuse the ultimate arcana Persona. Unless you're playing on Maniacs (which, to answer a question asked earlier, is unlocked from the beginning), in which case you can't New Game+.

Blueblur1

demosthenes said:
Yes, easily.

If you want to max your social links, probably not.
Maxing S. Links is the only way to play! :D

In all seriousness, the modern Persona games are totally playable without a guide. There will be some hard spots but nothing too crazy.

Mejilan

So, do the two main characters have anything even remotely approaching canonical names?
I prefer using those if such exist. I vaguely recall some uh... discussion, about the male MC in P3 and P3 FES.

PS - I'll accept names as they're used in manga, novels, etc., when the game itself doesn't specify a canonical name.

ultron87

Weird, you can't even look at Amazon's page for this game. It just says it isn't available and shows a picture of the box without even telling you the title in searches.

Top Bottom