• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax |OT| It's SHO time!

FluxWaveZ

Apparently, meter carry between rounds for Shadows is no longer a thing. They can go into Shadow Frenzy with 0 SP, though, with all that weird Burst stuff I don't completely understand yet.

FluxWaveZ

I see an option in lobby creation to allow boss characters. Who are those?

Boss characters are Score Attack versions of a character, i.e. super powered versions of them. They can only be played in a specific online lobby or by enabling the option in player matches. One unlocks them by completing Arcade mode with the respective character.

Dantis

So is there a reason why I'm unable to find any ranked matches in Ultimax? The lobby mode works perfectly though.

Ranked has always been pretty low population. I was having difficulty finding ranked matches back at launch. I think for me and you in particular, we're hit by having bad connections for US and JP players, so we get filtered out a lot of the time.

Setsu00

Ranked has always been pretty low population. I was having difficulty finding ranked matches back at launch. I think for me and you in particular, we're hit by having bad connections for US and JP players, so we get filtered out a lot of the time.

Oh that makes perfect sense, yes! But it's still kinda annoying.

84X

Banned
I guess it depends on which songs you like, but so far I've just jumped on the Persona Q song pack and the one that has Time to Make History (I might get more but I think the battle themes are the best to get).

Kikirin

Probably a noob question that could be answered with training room time, but does (regular) Naoto have any safejump setups to end a BnB? Maybe I'm mistiming it, but I'm frequently getting beat when the opponent (Liz) mashes 2B on wakeup after I end with A Fangs or shots. WAKEUP 2B. =(

Anne

Probably a noob question that could be answered with training room time, but does (regular) Naoto have any safejump setups to end a BnB? Maybe I'm mistiming it, but I'm frequently getting beat when the opponent (Liz) mashes 2B on wakeup after I end with A Fangs or shots. WAKEUP 2B. =(

I asked Doonpa about this and he said regular Naoto doesn't really have any set ups just for safejumps, when the occasions come up for that to happen you have to manually time it. Sorry :/

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Score Attack is such bullshit. I don't know why Arc System Works bothers including it when it is not a challenge, it is straight up broken. Every fucking hit from the enemy gives you like 3 ailments.

Mdesilva

P4U2 NEC Top 8 is going to be happening in a little under three hours at www.twitch.tv/funkyp

Winners: Lord Knight (Margaret)
OmniScythe (Adachi)
Grover (Yu)
Ho-Chan/Stunedge (Yukiko, Margaret, others?)

Losers: Doonpa/Naotolololol (Shadow Naoto)
Jona (Akihiko)
Sonic Fox (Marie)
DSmoove (Sho)

Definitely will be a really great tournament, so be sure to tune in!

FluxWaveZ

When Xrd comes out in the US won't it split the community again?

From what I'm seeing, P4AU might actually turn out to have a more active online life than Xrd, especially since the former sold way more copies. It's probably strictly in the local competitive community where Xrd will take over.

Dugna

From what I'm seeing, P4AU might actually turn out to have a more active online life than Xrd, especially since the former sold way more copies. It's probably strictly in the local competitive community where Xrd will take over.

Yeah while many Arc System longtime fans like GG, it hasn't had time to grow in popularity because of how long it has been since a release...unlike BB where it slowly grew over this gen. P4A already had the persona fanbase so it didn't need to grow that much to sell alot.

Marz

Do you play Adachi? Been seeing a channel that I'm subscribed to upload a bunch of vids of a player with your same name.

FluxWaveZ

...you mean weeks, right? :S

Nope, pretty sure it's literally been at least a couple of months now. Smash and Xrd came out along with a bunch of real life crap, and I haven't been too compelled to return to P4AU. I've realized that I really have a lot of fun playing the game, though, so I'm sure I'll go back sooner than later.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'm the only person who still plays daily. But again, after release I didn't touch the game for a month because of Smash, ALBW, and Pokemon. :V Also, today I finally completed all of Margaret's challenges and got her to level 50 in Golden Arena mode. :D

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I know that GAF doesn't care about trophies and that this game is now dead because of Xrd, but I really wanted to share this:

t4tbPUp.jpg

1st platinum trophy ever! :)

Rhapsody

Banned
I know that GAF doesn't care about trophies and that this game is now dead because of Xrd, but I really wanted to share this:

1st platinum trophy ever! :)

Nice. My first and only platinum was for Vanilla Marvel 3. Didn't even try, but the requirements were easy.

I sort of want to get more since I'm so close on a couple of easy games (like Neptunia).

Shouta

I saw the full 2.00 change list and Ken's changes looks like the JPs complained he was too good and couldn't beat him so they took away all of his pressure/lockdown, lol. He's got some good changes in there at least. His damage hasn't changed either on his attacks which is good too.

Of course it's Purepure. Dude held down the Labrys fort when no one else was. The increased untech time on j2B looks fantastic. Did they keep the changes to her DP that were in the loketests? Those were pretty much dream status.

PK Gaming

Is Elizabeth still F tier?

She got a lot of QoL buffs (more health, buff to DP, Diaharan has a hitbox, AoA buff, and Debilitate buff). She still suffers from the same weaknesses that have plagued in the past (she's really vulnerable to pressure), but her defense was directly improved in this version, so things might play out differently for her.

She got a lot of QoL buffs (more health, buff to DP, Diaharan has a hitbox, AoA buff, and Debilitate buff). She still suffers from the same weaknesses that have plagued in the past (she's really vulnerable to pressure), but her defense was directly improved in this version, so things might play out differently for her.
If she can control space and keep people out, I am fine with her defense being poor.

Top Bottom