• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax |OT| It's SHO time!

Rhapsody

Banned
Watching 2.0 videos, I sort of want to learn Shadow version of Labrys lol.

I just want to learn at least one shadow on the side this game.

Not interested in Shadow Chie or Mitsuru though.

Anne

Have a couple of coss posts from FGW

I never posted these here because I thought "eh nbd" but after some discussion about them they're pretty neat. I got together with Bace and Colpevole, two of the strongest dedicated Persona players we've had, and made tier lists for the end of the 1.1 version of the game, if you're curious what Persona tiers look like to us. LK said something like "move teddie up and regular Sho down" on twitter but otherwise p good.

@AnneIFrank: http://tinyurl.com/ku3ncm8

@Colpevole_92: http://tinyurl.com/kassfyg

@bacesk8: http://tinyurl.com/qhwac6f

Communicating with JP Persona players on twitter is a bit new to me but I've managed to see some cool stuff, as well as have some amusement. Anyways, I got Aguro to agree to let us use the Shikki vs Denpa FT10 to analyze and have English commentary over. Bace And Doonpa(best NA Naoto) are going to be going over that with me on my stream Thursday night so that's a thing for people interested in Persona. We've also been studying and talking to JP players about 2.0 so far so if you're interested in that lemme know cause there's lots to say.

I need a Shouta signal for when I need to take care of business stuff with them because there our times when our JP sucks and their English understanding isn't great orz.

Rhapsody

Banned
Purepure putting Labrys's Shadow in B+ while Labrys in B (and Shabrys in C).

Interesting, especially since I wanted to use the former.

Korigama

Well, might as well try even though it seems pretty dead in here lately: anyone still playing this on GAF? Short of that, I figure I might have to try dustloop otherwise.

FluxWaveZ

It's pretty much just been offline/single-player for me until recently. Got one ranked match in, but had trouble finding anyone else. I could host some player matches for a bit, if interested.

The game's actually still pretty active. If you want to find matches, you really need to go to the NA arcade lobby rooms; there's always a bunch of people you can find to play there. Ranked was practically dead since the game came out because of those lobbies.

I'm available if you want to play now, though, but that's a tip for the future. You'll pretty much always be able to find a match there because that's where everyone goes to play, from my experience.

Korigama

The game's actually still pretty active. If you want to find matches, you really need to go to the NA arcade lobby rooms; there's always a bunch of people you can find to play there. Ranked was practically dead since the game came out because of those lobbies.

I'm available if you want to play now, though, but that's a tip for the future. You'll pretty much always be able to find a match there because that's where everyone goes to play, from my experience.
Ah, I see. Very well, I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

Room made. I've sent an invite.

Korigama

You should hold a button to tech more. I kept getting some invalid hits on you since it seemed you were frequently delaying your tech.
Okay, I'll have to give that a try. I'm still in the habit of pressing buttons to tech from Guilty Gear, so I pretty much forgot that just holding one will do.

Mdesilva

So Anne streamed another FT10 analysis, this time with Bace again as well as Jona Kim. They looked at the Musui vs Damosu set. Lots of good stuff to take note of from this, check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMlKEbSvlVk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BvMPS06YBE

GGs. I have quite a bit of work to put in, particularly with Mitsuru and Yukari (especially the latter).

HI you should play me if you're learning Yukari, I can totally tell you what ya need to learn

squadr0n

There was supposed to be some sort of a link between Sho and Persona 5 that the devs were talking about before release of Ultimax right? After watching the P5 trailer i noticed at the very end the main character has yellow eyes and a blue x flashes around them just like Sho, is this the link they were referring too maybe?

FluxWaveZ

There was supposed to be some sort of a link between Sho and Persona 5 that the devs were talking about before release of Ultimax right?

No. The developers never said anything like this at all and there was never supposed to be any kind of link about that, either. Anything you heard was 100% fan speculation.

Rhapsody

Banned
Someday, I'll learn to stop using Labrys's DP against Yu. Someday. Though having him DP punish my alpha counter on reaction was a new one.

My friends learned to never Guard Cancel me with the attack after I DPed them 4/5 times lol
It's always GC Roll now since that requires more of a read to punish.

And yeah, Labrys DP is awful against Narukami. There are times when I press 5C after the DP clash if the Labrys player was too slow to input anything.

My friends learned to never Guard Cancel me with the attack after I DPed them 4/5 times lol
It's always GC Roll now since that requires more of a read to punish.

And yeah, Labrys DP is awful against Narukami. There are times when I press 5C after the DP clash if the Labrys player was too slow to input anything.

Yeah, of all her changes in P4AU2 I'm looking forward to the new DP the most. Her defensive options are awful as is. I've seen Purepure use her S-Hold to success in a few situations, so that's something I could work on implementing in a pinch.

you are too good for blue

seriously, thats how it works

Blue
Green
Light Green
Yellow
Orange
Red

winning and losing move you up and down through the colors

Winning and losing against opponents of the same color*

Alright thanks. Recently got to yellow on my other account, so I'm not sure if that's happening any time soon unless I purposely lose ASAP each game. I suppose I could just try using Aigis, since that pretty much guarantees a loss for me :p.

So I've always wondered because I've noticed across BBCP and P4AU, if you're a red and you continually win against other reds do you roll back into light blue? Because I've noticed very good players, name players, often having that color.

Mdesilva

So I've always wondered because I've noticed across BBCP and P4AU, if you're a red and you continually win against other reds do you roll back into light blue? Because I've noticed very good players, name players, often having that color.
No, people intentionally rank down because they think it's cool lol. (Being 100% serious)

Edit: Also, GAF people pls fight me tomorrow. My local got cancelled so now I have nothing to do this weekend ;;

Anne

I am busy scrapping the majority of netplay while doing hyperbolic time chamber stuff elsewhere, or else I'd play some with people. In the mean time, I'm going to drop these here:

I'm willing to do more stuff that focuses on improving things beyond "how do I do this combo" or character specific guides. I have a lot of amazing talent and resources and can try to help best I can. Ask questions in here and I'll do my best to answer them. Will probably be similar to Omex's stuff, minus his goofy humor because I simply am not funny like that orz.

OK sorry for being such a noob, but is there restrictions on what triggers Elizabeth's IK? I tried it once against Magatsu-Izanagi's Ziodyne in game once and I got the first hit but got hurt by the rest of the hits that followed. Was it just coincidence, as in maybe I timed my IK so that it ended just after the first hit triggered?

Edit: Or can Adachi just block?

Top Bottom