• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena: Ultimax Spoilers Thread - SHO me your spoilers

Setsu00

I want to say that I won't play P5 if Sho really turns out to be the MC, but I know that I can't go through with it.

Anyway: Don't. Do. This. Please.

Noooooooo

Atlus don't do this.....please. I've been waiting for this game for 5 years, I can;t handle the disappointment of Sho being the protag.

Style

Banned

ixrzX2CB5ZPJl.gif

Sophia

It would be rather difficult to set Persona 5 in a school if Sho was the protagonist. Nevermind the fact that in the P3 side of the story he's in the Midnight Channel anyhow...

I don't think that Sho as MC in P5 would make much sense but maybe he can appear in the game, maybe even as a party character.

Now, from what I'm gathering, not every plot point was resolved in Ultimax. Maybe we're having a another Arena game in the future? P4D will certainly not address something actually serious, so there are already some threads for a future Persona 5 Arena.

Tiu Neo

I don't think Sho will be P5's protagonist. He could show up, yeah, and maybe even be one of the playable characters, but protagonist? Nah.

I hope the connection between P3/4 and 5 isn't that big, at least until the spin-offs. Maybe one or two NPCs helping on the history, or a few cameos, like P3 -> P4.

I don't think that Sho as MC in P5 would make much sense but maybe he can appear in the game, maybe even as a party character.

Now, from what I'm gathering, not every plot point was resolved in Ultimax. Maybe we're having a another Arena game in the future? P4D will certainly not address something actually serious, so there are already some threads for a future Persona 5 Arena.

What's with this dancrimination.

PK Gaming

Guys, guys

Sho's like level 89

Can't go on a journey and make friends if he's level 89. He'll just beat most bosses without a breaking a sweat

Aside from that, arue's theory is super rock-solid.

Xenoflare

If Sho is indeed the p5 protag the salt would be overwhelming.

And probably a good time for me to focus on something else.

Tiu Neo

Guys, guys

Sho's like level 89

Can't go on a journey and make friends if he's level 89. He'll just beat most bosses without a breaking a sweat

Aside from that, arue's theory is super rock-solid.

P5MC/Sho to be the OPest MC ever confirmed.

Mailbox

I'm starting to wonder if Atlus are doing what they did with the sagiri but instead of for izanami, its for nyarlathotep.

It just strikes me as really weird how there can be so many different embodiment of "human bad and malice" and yet they have nothing to do with each other.

Something doesn't sit well with me in how they retread these "big bads"

Hmmm....

My prediction: SHO WILL BE THE MC OF P5.

Think about it:
-Sho is a guest of the Velvet Room means either he has a Wild Card or something happens like in PQ where two powers collide. This time it's between Yu and one of the following: Sho or Elizabeth.

-In the trophy list, one of the story trophies is called "A New Journey" with Sho's silhouette as the icon. Also to add to this, what does P3's main story called? "The Journey."

-Sho's design is red and black. He fits the theme color of P5.

-P5's theme is to break the shackles of society and liberation. The setting could be set initially in prison. If you google "Prisons in Japan," you would find this image:

If you compare Sho's outfit with these prisoners, then it all makes sense. See the green top and the yellow band?

-In the interview that came out earlier this year, Hashino also mentioned that fans of P3 and P4 will feel right at home with P5. Well with this prediction, I'd say that P5 will feel too right at home because it will be directly connected with P4AU.

If you consider all of these points, then it all makes sense! Bookmark this post and come back when P5's MC is announced.

Bookmarked!

I don't think there's anyway the P5 MC gets rolled out in their spin-off fighting game.

That being said...that's a looot of evidence

PK Gaming

Which do YOU think Sho is most likely to be?
  1. Protagonist
  2. NPC
  3. Party Member
  4. SLink
  5. Super-optional boss

In all honesty, none of those things.

I'm 99.98% sure that Sho won't appear in Persona 5 in any fashion. I really hope the people who are freaking about Sho being the P5 protagonist are joking.

RK128

1. Protagonist
  2. NPC
    [*]Party Member
    [*]SLink
    [*]Super-optional boss

All or two of the bolded.

That theory posted the page back all but confermed his apperance in P5 to me (to much of it makes sense), so I think he will be in the game :).

However, I don't think he will be he protagonist though. In the Persona games, the MC while 'set-in-stone" so to speak, you still had options to chose from to make your MC unique and different. Sho being in this role just doesn't work (as he looks to be a very....violent and aggressive character), so I can't see him in that role.

But, him being a party member introduced latter in the game (about....the middle of it) is very realistic. He is powerful, so the group from P5 bumping into him during there journey is possible (even having a flat out boss fight with him, as he would want to 'test' them or something) and after talking to him/saving him/defeating him, he joins up with them for the rest of the game.

Him being a party member almost assures him as a S. Link though; was the case for the P4 cast and most of the P3 cast, so it shouldn't be that different for P5's cast.

Verder

does anyone feel that their will be a persona 5 trailer at the end of the game like soul hackers 3ds had SMT IV? they need to sho shit of sho in p5.

1. Protagonist
  2. NPC
  3. Party Member
  4. SLink
  5. Super-optional boss

I think he'll either be an NPC or Optional Boss. Or actually he can be a temporary party member for like... One or two battles at a certain part of the game. I don't think he'll be the protagonist, but that would be really interesting.

Gazoinks

In all honesty, none of those things.

I'm 99.98% sure that Sho won't appear in Persona 5 in any fashion. I really hope the people who are freaking about Sho being the P5 protagonist are joking.

Ayup. I'm pretty sure the "guest of the velvet room" thing is just setting up Sho to sho up in the next arena game/other spin-off as a secondary (or primary?) protagonist.

Look at it this way: if he's protag, we won't have to hear him talk or deal with his personality all that much!

Unless they decide NOW is the time to stop with the silent protagging.

Look at it this way: if he's protag, we won't have to hear him talk or deal with his personality all that much!

Unless they decide NOW is the time to stop with the silent protagging.

The P4 path for PQ has him as a non-silent character. It wouldn't be unprecedented.

... that said: NOOOO! NOT THIS WAY!!

Nachos

I've got the entire asset dump of Ultimax right now. I'm going to go through all of it and post a new album including the new, important stuff. That might take me an hour, though, because I swear a quarter of the data is the same few pictures of Akihiko indexed throughout the folder. Some English assets and multiple poses of Shadow Marie are on the disk, too.

Someone please tell me that all these lines people are posting aren't real.

Please please please please please please.

All of mine, at least, are from a 300MB update that came for Ultimax containing the English text a few hours after the game's release on PSN. I cleaned some things up for readability, but in all likelihood, this is the general English script we'll get.

Top Bottom