• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden (Vita) -- E3 2012 Trailer

odd_morsel, been curious about this, but how have the load times been on the Vita version? I know some games like Wipeout have had really poor load times and was wondering if the Vita version was worse than the PS2 or not (I didn't think the PS2 version was bad at all)

CrazyDude

odd_morsel, been curious about this, but how have the load times been on the Vita version? I know some games like Wipeout have had really poor load times and was wondering if the Vita version was worse than the PS2 or not (I didn't think the PS2 version was bad at all)

I asked that already. They are instant. No load times.

Phoenixus

I asked that already. They are instant. No load times.

Ah shit, well that's gotten me into a Vita purchase for certain now. The Demo units I've tried had piss-poor loading speeds and that put me off the idea for a while, but if this is instant, then day effin one. :D

Does it matter whether the game is retail or digital for instant loading speeds? Haven't decided which one to get yet.

Ah shit, well that's gotten me into a Vita purchase for certain now. The Demo units I've tried had piss-poor loading speeds and that put me off the idea for a while, but if this is instant, then day effin one. :D

Does it matter whether the game is retail or digital for instant loading speeds? Haven't decided which one to get yet.

My retail copy is as good as instant. Takes a max of 2 seconds for anything that might require loading.

It's lightning smooth.

Many thanks for the confirmation! Now to wait for Ghostlight to pick it up for Europe, and hopefully some special edition/preorder goodies. :D

Well, you don't have to wait for Europe(if it's somehow delayed or a little later) if you're getting the retail version. I mean, it is region free.

Is it? I remember reading that the Vita was not region free.

Digital distribution is locked to the stores and all that account shenanigans isn't worth dealing with, but the retail cards are totally region free.

If you're really nuts you could import the japanese version now.

Lucent

So hyped. This and Gravity Rush are the two main reasons I want a Vita. There are other games and I'm sure there'll be more. =D

Phoenixus

Well, you don't have to wait for Europe(if it's somehow delayed or a little later) if you're getting the retail version. I mean, it is region free.

Ah yes, forgot about that, too used to my 3DS restrictions. :p I don't mind waiting a little while to be honest, it'll give me a chance to save up for a Vita. I only first played the original P4 last year so I'm fairly patient.

That reminded me of Arena actually. If PS3 games are all region free I might import that in the meantime when it gets released in the US. Dunno if online play would be affected by the different regions though. :/

GorillaJu

There have been a few sequences where loading took me 3-5 seconds, most of the time it's 1-2. They're practically unnoticeable. Plus I love the loading icon (lol)

One thing I've noticed is that the mid-level personae don't have the same shiny new luster that the low level jobs like Izanagi have. There are some seriously low quality textures on the level 20-30 non-special personae. This is to be expected sadly, but the character personae and the new Arcana personae (clown, eternity) look fantastic IMO.

GorillaJu

Nah there are load times, but they are just very quick, improved on the PS2 version and hence not an issue.

Yeah - this. I was perhaps a bit over zealous in my response. They're so minimal that it's never a bother. When asked I had completely forgot they exist.

Jonnyram

Is it actually reasonably feasible to max all commus on my first playthrough if I play sensibly, or does it require extensive planning and/or FAQ like P3P did?

If it's tricky, I'll probably just play casually for the first play, and then maybe pick up any loose ends on a replay later.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Is it actually reasonably feasible to max all commus on my first playthrough if I play sensibly, or does it require extensive planning and/or FAQ like P3P did?

If it's tricky, I'll probably just play casually for the first play, and then maybe pick up any loose ends on a replay later.

The original was fairly tricky and pretty much need some sort of guide or route to get them all in one go. Since their updated version adds more social links I'd imagine that its even harder now.

Much more feasible than 3, but still reasonably difficult. You will get all the ones you want to get I would think but will miss a few. Even not considering time, you still need to be making the right choices.

I'm not sure how the new version mixes it up.

ibqph86a8C70ir.gif

*burns ashes of Atlus collection*

There are no words....

Well there are words, and they are something like "I didn't expect to see what I saw in those images, the first one confuses me a little, are they wearing wigs? The second one is awesome, the third one I can get behind, but I see a shit storm based on the short novel"

Something like that.
It's either wigs or new haircuts, the one to the left of Rise was confusing me greatly until I remembered that is Kanji's eating animation (although why is he wearing glasses?), right of Yu/Charlie is Yukiko and Naoto obviously isn't wearing her hat.

xxczx

It´s almost sure that Ghostlight will bring It in UK
they haven't got vita publishing rights yet so if it is Ghostlight, it could take a long time (Devil Survivor Overclocked isn't even out yet).

Who knows, maybe Square Enix will publish it
ahahahahaha :(

I'll be importing anyway, no point waiting when the Vita is region free~

suzu

Aw shit. All these spoilers and that megaton... I need a vita. :(

P4G spoilers:
Wtf at non-delinquent Kanji. Lol.

FJ0372

Can I play and enjoy this if I haven't played any of the other persona games? I really love story in games, so is there any chance of me understanding what's going on in this without having played any of the others?

Top Bottom