• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden (Vita) -- E3 2012 Trailer

kewlmyc

Looks like Atlus went balls out with the fanservice this time around.
Animating the entire hot spring scene seems unnecessary, but whatever. If white censor steam clouds sell then good for them.

All the other extras look great though. This and Virtue's Last Reward have made me want a Vita.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Looks like Atlus went balls out with the fanservice this time around.
Animating the entire hot spring scene seems unnecessary, but whatever. If white censor steam clouds sell then good for them.

Those screenshots were actually from the Persona 4 anime, not the game.

I wish there was a way to ban myself from threads. I can't help but keep coming back here! D:

Up2Go.png

Oh

man this is too much fun! :D

muahahahaha

Okay time for real realz; found some more stuff, obvious spoilers of course.

Naoto got buffed in Golden.
She's got all of the -dynes, Heat Riser, Megidolaon and MAHAMAON/Mamudoon

Shadow Yukiko boss battle was made easier.

Marie gets her own dungeon:
http://i.imgur.com/a3rDP.jpg

Boss might possibly be this thing:
http://www.abload.de/img/i0665036-1340006097ll78f.jpg

And I'm off to bed. Enjoy! :D

Omikaru

I'm happy to import it, I just hope there isn't any DLC that I'll have to miss out on.

That would be a kick in the dick for importers, but I don't think there's any DLC for this game. I don't mean to second guess Atlus, but DLC doesn't seem to be their thing. Catherine didn't have any, at least. If there is DLC, it'll probably be something minuscule like battle costumes.

Already paid for my P4G order from VG+. Only cost me about £30 including shipping, so it's not like I'm going to a great expense to get the game over here. I'd say anyone in Europe should get on it.

GorillaJu

Yousuke's ultimate skill: heal all party members (medium) and buff all members for +speed
Naoto's: put a barrier on all allies that blocks all dmg for 1 attack
Chie's: buff all allies for speed, power and defense for 3 turns

LOL at the skill description for this one:

http://i.imgur.com/UowUf.jpg

"You don't know what's going to happen"

Duffyside

Banned
That one Naoto costume worries me — who's writing the extra content, especially the
epilogue
? I can't believe the original developers would sign off on a lot of these changes. How much meaning can that spoiled bit have if the people who came up with the characters and story to begin with aren't participating in the extra bits? Worse, what if who is writing it doesn't at all understand these characters?

And yeah, that Naoto costume is gross. She's supposed to be like 14, right? Blech.

Trigger

Oh

man this is too much fun! :D

muahahahaha

Okay time for real realz; found some more stuff, obvious spoilers of course.

Naoto got buffed in Golden.
She's got all of the -dynes, Heat Riser, Megidolaon and MAHAMAON/Mamudoon

lol, and truth is
I still won't use her.

.JayZii

Banned
I forgot. Can you use Heat Riser on other people or just yourself like Power/Mind Charge?

I think you can use it on anybody if I'm remembering correctly.

Also, I don't remember Shadow Yukiko being that difficult, although I remember it being a slow one. If someone got sick of the slow back and forth battle I can see rushing and getting wrecked.

Non-delinquent Kanji just looks uncomfortable.

7Th

That one Naoto costume worries me — who's writing the extra content, especially the
epilogue
? I can't believe the original developers would sign off on a lot of these changes. How much meaning can that spoiled bit have if the people who came up with the characters and story to begin with aren't participating in the extra bits? Worse, what if who is writing it doesn't at all understand these characters?

And yeah, that Naoto costume is gross. She's supposed to be like 14, right? Blech.

The costumes have nothing to do with the characterization, though. Mitsuru certainly doesn't look like the type to wear battle panties yet you can make her wear them in Fes/P3P.

.JayZii

Banned
The costumes have nothing to do with the characterization, though. Mitsuru certainly doesn't look like the type to wear battle panties yet you can make her wear them in Fes/P3P.

And if I remember correctly from FES, the armor wasn't even very good. So it's not like you were ever forced to use it (which I did not).

Man, I would have imported this game if I didn't have to pay for summer tuition....Game looks great and now I must resist in clicking this thread.

But that Naoto costume...it's terrible...

ultron87

I think a full set of Super Sentai costumes is just as out of character as that Naoto costume. They are both just goofy fanservice things appealing to different audiences.

ReaperXL7

Damn, sucks that I am going to have wait for the US release, but a game like this I need to be able to understand whats going on. Great to see most impressions seem very positive.

cjkeats

As was said, the battle panties can probably go on any female character like in P3. Yukari had some words with you about it when you put it on her.

gosox333

Don't be so suprised with all the fanservicey costumes, people. They did this in P3 fes too, it has absolutely nothing to do with the story. They're just there for if/when you're feeling like a pervert.

Herla

Well fuck, I decided to ignore the Vita and get a 3DS for SMT4 but noooo you guys had to post awesome spoilers.
Fine, I'll buy a Vita.

Pain is power...pain is power...

ultron87

Please tell me you're joking.

The thong is ugly shameless pandering, some of the worst.

Of course it is shameless pandering. That's what all of these costumes are and what they were in FES. It isn't some assassination of Naoto's character to have a non-plot related alternate costume that she wouldn't wear.

Jubern

Of course it is shameless pandering. That's what all of these costumes are and what they were in FES. It isn't some assassination of Naoto's character to have a non-plot related alternate costume that she wouldn't wear.

Totally agreeing with you here.

I'm not understanding the outrage. It's shameless pandering, so what? P3 did it too FFS.

Torraz

Totally agreeing with you here.

I'm not understanding the outrage. It's shameless pandering, so what? P3 did it too FFS.

Probably complaints riding the waves of the "rape culture", "tropes against women" and "female game journalists are bad" threads.

I agree. Of course it's shameless pandering. At least part of the audience will like it. The rest should be free not to use em (costumes).

Well, I'm not talking about what anyone else said, doesn't matter which character it is, I didn't mention anything about Naoto's character. I don't like it, think Atlus should hold themselves to better.
Don't give a damn if it was in FES, it was just as pathetic there.

Chavelo

Well, I'm not talking about what anyone else said, doesn't matter which character it is, I didn't mention anything about Naoto's character. I don't like it, think Atlus should hold themselves to better.
Don't give a damn if it was in FES, it was just as pathetic there.

Atlus confirmed to read NeoGAF. Will recall all of the japanese copies and change the code to Zeouterlimits' preferences and update the US versions, too.

Levyne

Banned
I feel weird playing through persona 4 on ps2 as this is around the corner but I feel it will be years before I get a vita (I still don't have a 3ds for instance) so I guess that's alright.

Top Bottom