• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 announced for PS3, winter 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
I was initially really happy about this, but the US release is likely quite a ways off, not sure my PS3 will hold out that long.

I still have faith that it won't be too far off. Atlus did a great job with SMT 4 release date(3 months after Japan)

MormaPope

Banned
I was initially really happy about this, but the US release is likely quite a ways off, not sure my PS3 will hold out that long.

I feel like people are skipping over this fact, if Persona 5 is released in Japan only for Winter 2014, a US release wouldn't happen until Spring 2015 or Summer 2015 at the earliest.

It was looking so bad there for a while that I thought Atlus might not ever be forgiven by their fanbase. Redeemed in the last minute.

Willing to bet they bring it to the Vita later down the line as well.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
YES! Persona 5!
I'm so happy I'm a PS3 owner :D
...Even if I have to admit that, IMHO, they should have gone with a PS3 & PS4 release, a-la-Yakuza. PS4 announcements are completely lacking since TGS, and this could have been a good way to capitalize on PS3 audience, while starting bringing it on the new Sony home console, due to its Winter 2014 release. Still, I suppose we'll see a Persona 5 Golden for PS4 sometime after the OG release comes out.

D1xQJiT.gif

Xater

Surely, given the ease of development on PS4 they could port what they have done over and launch it on both platforms simultaneously?

Cost would be tiny and the sales boost would be noticeable.

Really a 1to1 port would be enough. I am sure those milking titles make enough money for that. Even if I still had my PS3 I would not have kept it around that long. You know this is coming 2015 over here. No way they make it a simultaneous release.

Dunno about the rest of y'all, but the imagery in the trailer got me super fucking excited . Hopefully this is the most twisted Persona yet.

Asd202

Okay my guess is the full reveal will come with the last issue of that Persona magazine. I think it will run for like 2 months?

Considering how much starker the imagery is in that trailer, I can't help but wonder if there was some bargaining going on when this game was pitched. I can totally imagine Atlus management/whoever is in charge telling the team "fine, you can make P5, but we want to get our money's worth first."
Catherine's success most likely helped.

Darn so its still one game left for me before I can put away my ps3 in the closet.. wonder how long it will take til it gets to NA/EU

Sandfox

The fact that people are so happy about this on the internet after the reaction they had before actually kinda annoys me lol.

Omikaru

At least platform anxieties are over. The 3DS crowd get their non-canon chibi spinoff, Europe cries over not being able to import that game easily, and at least I can import the other three games for PS3/Vita when they're out in America.

Overall, Troll/10 for Atlus. You did good today, you fuckers.

Heh, the meltdowns people were having before the teaser were amazing.

It's a shame we didn't get anything past the chair image, but at least it's confirmed now. C'mon same sex romance options!

Tooi

Neo Member
YAY! After beating Persona 4: Golden 3 times I've been ready for this announcement. I hope my PS3 holds out until then though.

I feel like people are skipping over this fact, if Persona 5 is released in Japan only for Winter 2014, a US release wouldn't happen until Spring 2015 or Summer 2015 at the earliest.

Wasn't Persona 3 like a year wait, and then P4 was only a few months? Who knows, maybe they'll cut it down even more. Ah fuck, at this point I'm so happy I'll talk myself into anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom