• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Can anyone answer what's going on with a Mijima co-op
where you talk to his shadow, it ends, then nothing happens.
Did something happen? He doesn't seem to be in Akihabara anymore.

just wait for him to call you. some of the coop ranks scenarios have 2 parts to it

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
A bit late getting this, but damn I'm glad I did. Still just 4 hours in, sneaking in time to play when I can, but it's just been excellent every moment so far. So many amazing little touches and attention to detail throughout the entire package. Really liking everything about it thus far.

Edit for the third time:

The game is bananas. There are some really convoluted twists and turns, but I feel like it's done a satisfactory job of explaining them. I think I'm on board.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Edit for the third time:

The game is bananas. There are some really convoluted twists and turns, but I feel like it's done a satisfactory job of explaining them. I think I'm on board.

Ah, was just about to reply but it looks like you got it.
That whole sequence was absolutely fantastic, couldn't stop grinning. Had me reeling for hours.

I'm finally near the end, starting the last dongeon.
This game , the last 20 hours of this game are freaking fantastic.

If you haven't been spoiled to the last twists , this game is easily the most awesome ride ever.

I'm actually impressed by how each little detail was important to the very end. And goddamit the explanation made a sense that made me question how i experienced some events. I'm sure that was the intent for the characters too.

Onward to the final challenge !
( Before my holidays are over )

This game is fantastic , i need to write this again. What a finale ride.

Gu4n

Arrived at the end of the fifth dungeon (yes, already - got the hang of it again!). Up until now it have been fairly predictable, so I'm looking forward to discover where the story is heading next.

I have to say that the soundtrack is among Shoji Meguro's weakest. Apart from the main theme, nothing stands out or is particularly memorable to me.

Jintor

Arrived at the end of the fifth dungeon (yes, already - got the hang of it again!). Up until now it have been fairly predictable, so I'm looking forward to discover where the story is heading next.

I have to say that the soundtrack is among Shoji Meguro's weakest. Apart from the main theme, nothing stands out or is particularly memorable to me.

There's a lot of grooving but I've been listening to a lot of p3 and p4 and spin-offs and so far... Yeah. P5 is just kinda chill

Okay guys, I'm at the end of November... the very first scenes after finishing this dungeon made me nervous... like I wanted to know what happened exactly.

I had to stop playing after the cutscenes... what a ride.

Spoilers:

I was right about Akechi from the start: he looked so suspicious, and when Shido appeared after they defeated Kamoshida I knew he would have a big role in the story. I was trying to figure out who would be the final boss and I suspected about Akechi because he was a persona user already, besides his good boy persona (see what I did there) hiding a villain is kind of a classic trope. Still, the game managed to fool me from time to time and I questioned myself regarding my suspicions about Akechi.

The scene were Akechi shoots the main character made me think that somehow I was about to get a bad ending. It was great.

I'm looking forward to beat the next dungeon... what is this one? the seventh one?

Mieu

Do i buy an accessory to make the party member swaps? I can't seem to make the option appear again. The last thing I remember before reloading it was buying the 100k accessory from the military shop.

Pending questions:

1. Quickest way to improve kindness and skill?
2. Which ones have the deadline for social link? Temperance, Destiny and what else? Cannnot seem to find them again in the previous pages.

And it's fun extorting money from the demons!! Haha!!

Addendum: found GSR's note. It was helpful.

I didnt know about the sunday shibuya drink!!!!!

Was the 8000 yen book the speed reading one?

What are the options for the stat raise for the fortune teller? I can't understand them haha!

Arrghhj... i lack kindness and skill. Haha!

Jintor

like my fifth death to getting one-shotted on the first turn by some fucktard who just so happens to have the magics to take out protag's weakness the one time i don't bother to ambush opponents

fucking shit. this sucks. 2016 and still getting insta-hama'd or hit by magic dark shit and one-shotted.

i hate rpgs sometimes

Finished the game last night ... i have no words

It was a rollercoaster of emotions and i can't help but feel that it went the safe route ..until i realised what this all meant and then i got super exceited about the future of the persona Franchise.

Playing against the final boss was like playing a staged dance with blades , one mistake and i could get badly hurt.. Such a thrill. More impressions later but My adventure after 112+ hours with P5 is simple. It's in my Top 5 of the best rpg ever and it has beaten P4 & P5 on every aspect.

One of those rare rpgs that uses every aspect of the gameplay for the story.

Congrats Atlus.

Ken

is the p1 dlc free yet?

Do i buy an accessory to make the party member swaps? I can't seem to make the option appear again. The last thing I remember before reloading it was buying the 100k accessory from the military shop.

Pending questions:

1. Quickest way to improve kindness and skill?
2. Which ones have the deadline for social link? Temperance, Destiny and what else? Cannnot seem to find them again in the previous pages.

Was the 8000 yen book the speed reading one?

What are the options for the stat raise for the fortune teller? I can't understand them haha!

Arrghhj... i lack kindness and skill. Haha!

in-combat swapping is tied to Star coop. i think the early rank you can only swap on MC turn

there's three 8k yen books that unlock when you finish the previous one. when you finish all three you unlock a 12k yen book that is the speed read.

the first thing fortune teller can raise is your parameter stats so just match the options to your stsatus window.

kindness: flower shop, tending to plants, Tower coop, reading/dvd/ordering a certain item from family restaurant and more
skill: make sneaking tools, fake-yoshinoya restaurant job, reading/dvd/ordering a certain item from family restaurant and more

Quocia

Neo Member
Hello everyone.
It's nice to meet you.
My name is Ann Windslor.

That was so funny but I still like her.

Dantis

I think the soundtrack has some excellent tracks, but its quietness makes it less great than P3 and P4. Beneath The Mask, Life Will Change and Rivers in The Desert also play way too much. More variety is needed.

The Awakening theme is excellent, though.

Hello everyone.
It's nice to meet you.
My name is Ann Windslor.

That was so funny but I still like her.

So awkward. Curious how the localisation will handle it.

Ken

i want to see how they handle the school trip
airport scene with ryuji and the immigration officer

Gu4n

Okay, the game got me. Took half a day off from work to continue and still considered pulling an all-nighter. Early November now.

Mieu

is the p1 dlc free yet?

in-combat swapping is tied to Star coop. i think the early rank you can only swap on MC turn

there's three 8k yen books that unlock when you finish the previous one. when you finish all three you unlock a 12k yen book that is the speed read.

the first thing fortune teller can raise is your parameter stats so just match the options to your stsatus window.

kindness: flower shop, tending to plants, Tower coop, reading/dvd/ordering a certain item from family restaurant and more
skill: make sneaking tools, fake-yoshinoya restaurant job, reading/dvd/ordering a certain item from family restaurant and more

Thanks for getting back on me with this and yeah it was the Star Arcana that allows the switch.

And I haven't been able to do the tower coop much. I focused on Sun, Fortune, Death, Temperance and Solar. I don't even have the
Military Shop
Arcana yet.

I should have focused on the long ones first instead of the two pagers. Anyway, I think I can still manage, or I'll leave it on the new game+

Anyway, thanks man!!

i want to see how they handle the school trip
airport scene with ryuji and the immigration officer

Haha! Yeah that part. It was kind of funny.

Okay, the game got me. Took half a day off from work to continue and still considered pulling an all-nighter. Early November now.

This is at this point , the game that was great , became legendary

I really like the last spurt of story in this game.

So is the honeymoon stage over or is the game still gud?

Finished 2 days ago. The game is more than good with slight very minor problems. I plan to finish 2 games already started before i start my NG+ run . i couldn't do 2 co-op thanks to my stats and the lateness of my growth but even then everything i've experienced was stellar is term of writing , except 1 problem

Jintor

holy shit this fucking run-up to the alibaba boss is garbage. what's with these coffins you can't hide behind?

Am i just severely underlevelled for this? these anbusises kick my ass especially when there's more than one!

not just that you defeat a group and then another one literally spawns right in front of you? fucking bullshit

Mieu

holy shit this fucking run-up to the alibaba boss is garbage. what's with these coffins you can't hide behind?

Am i just severely underlevelled for this? these anbusises kick my ass especially when there's more than one!

not just that you defeat a group and then another one literally spawns right in front of you? fucking bullshit

Have you tried using Lucky or Miracle Punch and other attacks that cause status ailments?

They don't have any weaknesses and blocks light and dark elements but easily succumb to confuse, and critical ( mona's punch skill)

I had Morgana, Makoto, and Ryuji on board. I just left Anne lolz. I think she's useless there.

Welcome to the first instance of this happens. It will happen again later. Patience is key.
Or just do what i did that was to don't bother and fight.
What's your level ?
Not bullshit , but hey your awareness level is high , so it happens. It's actually a good check to see if you're ready for the boss in term of levels

Have you tried using Lucky or Miracle Punch and other attacks that cause status ailments?

They don't have any weaknesses and blocks light and dark elements but easily succumb to confuse, and critical ( mona's punch skill)
Yep status ailments are powerfull in this game. Also very annoying when used against you.
At this point , there should have been several items in the chests very usefull for the boss fight on that aspect.
I had Morgana, Makoto, and Ryuji on board. I just left Anne lolz. I think she's useless there.
Same team as mine at that point.
Makoto for attack , ryuji as the event triggerer , morgana as healer.

Dantis

The instant respawn enemies are one of the few gameplay related issues I had. It can feel really frustrating and unfair.

The instant hama kills though... well, welcome to Hashino's games, haha. They're always hard.

Mieu

well i fucked up cos i brought ryuji to this boss fight and yeah... wind attacks every second turn

Bring Yusuke, Ryuji and Morganna at the boss fight. Just ket Ryuji use the
Balista
so he'll be safe.

That boss is easy with Yusuke and Ryuji's Multi-hit physical skills.

Do you have the SP regen item? Having two is enough to keep you going in the dungeon in one go.

Mieu

The instant respawn enemies are one of the few gameplay related issues I had. It can feel really frustrating and unfair.

The instant hama kills though... well, welcome to Hashino's games, haha. They're always hard.

I hated the respawns but hey, it earns you extra XP and money. Works well with extorting money from enemies. Got around 300k from doing hold up haha!

Having Anubis and the one that blocks physical damage is bliss!

Gu4n

This is at this point , the game that was great , became legendary

I really like the last spurt of story in this game.
The build-up is really long and slow, but I expect it continues to pay off. Even though I have a strong hunch of what will happen next, I have no inkling what happens after that - and finding out whether I was right.

Soriku

Oh boy. The same thing happens in SMT IV Apocalypse with hordes, and on War mode at least, the escape rate is 0%.

If you're really unlucky you'll get 3, and maybe up to 4 groups at once.

Oh boy. The same thing happens in SMT IV Apocalypse with hordes, and on War mode at least, the escape rate is 0%.

If you're really unlucky you'll get 3, and maybe up to 4 groups at once.

If you don't pay attention in some situations you can easily get 3 groups in this game. But at least when that happens , you either have screwed up or you were looking for that sweet loot

Jintor

it wouldn't have been so bad but the second group always had an anubis in there thought would just wreck my shit if I couldn't bounce off its buddy's weaknesses

Mieu

If you really hated Anubis, wait until you get to
Okamura
Palace. The place is more dragging than
Futaba
Palace. There's a demon group that has an HP and SP sucking skill and there's a nasty elephant but is weak to Light and always confuse.

robotrock

Banned
Are there difficulty options in this? I suck at JRPGs but had a really good time playing Persona 4 on Normal.

Can I expect a similar kind of balance in this game?

Are there difficulty options in this? I suck at JRPGs but had a really good time playing Persona 4 on Normal.

Can I expect a similar kind of balance in this game?

There are at least 4 difficulty levels , from Safety , easy , normal, hard and another very hard difficulty ( that need unlocking i've been told )

Soriku

I think the soundtrack has some excellent tracks, but its quietness makes it less great than P3 and P4. Beneath The Mask, Life Will Change and Rivers in The Desert also play way too much. More variety is needed.

The Awakening theme is excellent, though.

So awkward. Curious how the localisation will handle it.

What do you mean by quietness?

Also I think the soundtrack is strong, but hard to compare it when every Meguro soundtrack is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom