• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 - New Info in Persona Magazine

Throw me in jail cell next to the protagonist if old. New scans out there too, by the way.

EDIT: Doh, in Persona magazine, not Famitsu, please can a mod correct this. Thanks.

Today marks the release of “Persona Magazine #2016 March,” which features a new interview with Persona series director Katsura Hashino, who shares new tidbits on Persona 5.

Get the information below.

Setting

The dungeon level design is vastly different from previous games. All of them incorporate different stories and can be thoroughly enjoyed.
By choosing the cliched theme of “phantom thieves,” Atlus hopes to surprise users and put in more ideas than can be imagined. Atlus wants to skillfully combine contemporary drama with Persona to create something that expresses the fun of entertainment.
The setting is Tokyo because Atlus wants to play out an unthinkable phantom thief drama in a world that we’re familiar with.
Characters (read each character’s description here)

Many of the characters are labeled, or look at things from a biased point of view and such, and are spending their days unhappily, feeling that it can’t be helped and don’t fit in. Breaking the status quo, rising up, and coming alive is how the introduction will develop.

Regarding Ryuji Sakamoto: A “let’s change the world” character who pulls along the protagonist. The hero begins his phantom thieving after getting caught up with Ryuji. He’s insistent, but kind on the inside. His personality is a good match for his voice actor, Mamoru Miyano. And his Persona, “Captain Kidd,” matches Ryuji’s setting and episode.

Regarding Ann Takamaki: A quarter-American character who has returned to Japan and is well liked, but doesn’t have friends and, though she stands out, is cut off and isolated from her surroundings. After becoming your friend, her bright personality makes her the lively mood maker of the group. Her Persona, “Carmen,” has a femme fatal side to her, and in an incident related to Ann, the protagonist and Ryuji will take on a fight in the other world. In this sense, Ann will have an influence on the fate of the protagonists.

Regarding Morgana: A character similar to Persona 4‘s Teddie that will help you navigate the other world. Having previously been involved in the phantom thief business for certain reasons, she also bears the responsibility of training the protagonists as phantom thieves. In the real world, Morgana takes on the form of an ordinary cat, and Hashino wants you to look forward to the reason why that is. Morgana’s Persona, Zorro, is her admired form. Because she’s usually small and called with a “hey, cat,” Morgana’s Persona takes on a macho form.

Regarding Yusuke Kitagawa: An eccentric character whose illustration may give off a different appeal. He has talent as a painter and is also an art scholarship student.

There will be a system similar to “Social Links.” Is communication the driving force for those who are trying to make a change? With that question in mind, Hashino says that it will be good if Persona 5 depicted human relations a step above Persona 3 and Persona 4‘s Social Links.

Persona Series

Atlus is celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Persona series this year, and since Atlus is thinking about if it can make an announcement that will please users, while first waiting for Persona 5, Hashino says to look forward to something in that vicinity.
If you’re interested, scans of the magazine are available at Ruliweb.

Persona 5 is due out for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 this summer.

http://gematsu.com/2016/02/persona-...16-issue-persona-magazine#A3QXWGk8mBulccRj.99

Happy to hear they are changing up social links. Lot of respect for a company willing to improve on things when they could just as easily go with the "ain't broke don't fix it" mentality.

Eolz

Hopefully dungeons are truly good this time, and don't just look different.
Cool info apart from that, even if there's not much. Can't wait!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Remember when they kept INSISTING this would be out in 2015? Good times

I can't wait for it. Going to get it digitally for the US release, and then get the inevitable special edition when it comes out in the UK a few years months years later.

New Persona 5 info?

tumblr_niyzpfWT341rb95d1o4_500.gif

I was LTTP with the previous Persona games, but am now a full convert to the series. Persona 5 is by far my most anticipated game for this year (assuming it comes out in NA in 2016).

Have the past games had collector's editions? I've actually never bought a CE before, but I would drop some serious bucks on a CE of Persona 5.

Atlus is celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Persona series this year, and since Atlus is thinking about if it can make an announcement that will please users, while first waiting for Persona 5, Hashino says to look forward to something in that vicinity.

I'm calling it, Persona 5 gets delay until Fall 2016/Early 2017 (final delay), P3/P4 HD collection for PS4 announced coming this year.

Or at the very least PS2 classic version of P3/P4 on PS4.

theRizzle

This is the only game I am legitimately looking forward to. I mean I want to play Uncharted 4 and FF XV, but the only thing I have any sort of anticipation for is P5.

That said, out of all the names, they had to name a character Yusuke?

It's nice that they'd release something this year. Will make the wait more bearable for when Persona 5 releases on the 25th anniversary of the series.

Seriously, if they keep fucking up the release date, they'll probably end up cancelling the PS3 version.

That 20th anniversary announcement will be the Persona complete edition with all persons games, giant art book, series soundtrack and a fox plush that says "Yip" when squeezed. Or I'll settle for a release date

daveo42

Banned
Social Link change is fairly surprising. I was thinking they'd stick with a winning formula.

I'm actually glad they are updating it. It worked well in P3/4, but a change for the better is worth it. Especially after Social Links felt a bit "flatter" in P4 and overall less engaging.

Tookay

We're at the end of February, with summer not that far away, and they want to give waiting fans something to do, when that something will likely take a few months to market and will be spaced a few months apart from P5 (which still has no confirmed release date), so as not to cannibalize its sales.

Sounds like a delay is coming.

black070

They'll port Persona 3 and/or 4 to PS4 and we will all be there day one.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
P3P/P4G re-package for the surprise?

Curious to see how they 'update' the Social Link system, maybe make it more intuitive, and give it more weight on in-story decisions outside of the climax?

Also curious on the 'how far along' the game is, and its regard to closer localization akin to SMTIV, as opposed to something like FE:Fates.

Top Bottom