• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 - New Info in Persona Magazine

daftstar

I've been predicting that a release date + trailer + info this month.

Release in July.

(I'm talking about Japan, of course)

Man I'd hate for it to not come out simultaneously worldwide. Persona is a very spoiler heavy series and leaks will be everywhere a few days after initial release. I don't know about you guys but I don't have the patience to stay off the net for what could be months until it's out in NA.

Hopefully Atlus knows this and will aim for worldwide. Can't speak for Europe though lol.

Man I'd hate for it to not come out simultaneously worldwide. Persona is a very spoiler heavy series and leaks will be everywhere a few days after initial release. I don't know about you guys but I don't have the patience to stay off the net for what could be months until it's out in NA.

Hopefully Atlus knows this and will aim for worldwide. Can't speak for Europe though lol.
Just avoid every YouTube video, every import thread and anything that anyone writes one here about persona, even the lttp threads. It's gonna be tough though.

artsi

I'll be playing the Japanese version so personally I don't mind, but I hope the release gap is small for everyone else who can't do that :p

The March -> July marketing push just makes sense because P3 and P4 both did that (announced in March, released in June), I'm sure they didn't originally plan it but as the delay happened P5 has the chance to do it the third time.

Lingitiz

It's not too hard to avoid spoilers for import games. Just stay out of those threads. A lot of other things will be too hard to easily spoil without context.

Atlus is usually pretty fast about localization (at least they were with Persona Q). If they are serious about a Summer release, a western release by the end of the year is definitely within their means.

daftstar

Just avoid every YouTube video, every import thread and anything that anyone writes one here about persona, even the lttp threads. It's gonna be tough though.

It's not too hard to avoid spoilers for import games. Just stay out of those threads. A lot of other things will be too hard to easily spoil without context.

Atlus is usually pretty fast about localization (at least they were with Persona Q). If they are serious about a Summer release, a western release by the end of the year is definitely within their means.

I don't know dudes I remember being spoiled on P4's ending on a seemingly unrelated youtube vid and the impact wasn't the same when actually playing through it. And this was before Persona was as popular as it is today. At this point I've accepted that I'll be spoiled in some way or another but I'm hoping it isn't like P4's case where just one statement or event can ruin it for you haha.

I'll be playing the Japanese version so personally I don't mind, but I hope the release gap is small for everyone else who can't do that :p

I'm jelly man.

k4n3

Banned
anyone know why you cant pre-order it on amazon? i mean they have the last guardian up for the love of god

Zolo

And make sure to clear your youtube history and don't look up anything Persona related so that you don't get Persona 5 spoiled for you under recommendations. Had one of the Witcher 3 endings happen that way.

SoulUnison

Banned
I got randomly "Snape kills Dumbledore'd" while waiting with baited breath for Persona 4.

I hope we get a simultaneous release because it's nearly impossible to go into something blind in this day and age unless you completely cut yourself off from the world, it seems like.

Pachimari

Why are people in here talking like it won't be a simultaneous release. They have said time and time again it'll be simultaneous, and I take that as Europe included.

Top Bottom