• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 New Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

Yeah it's way too frequent for my liking but if it was just occasionally I could pass it off no problem.

I mean I think asking to keep this isn't too much to ask? I'm mostly concerned it might not be in because of the new engine.
E6aFtV1.jpg

I want that and the ability to adjust the audio levels. The sound effects were way too loud in P4.

JNA

Banned
I wouldn't mind Troy, but they probably go with Johnny Yong Bosch since he already dubbed the same character the jp VA did once, so he should be "trained" to follow his style.

It would make sense but the problem is he has already voiced Adachi and Yu from Persona 4.

However, Johnny would fit so much as P5 protaginist more so than he ever has as Yu.

Seeing as we're discussing voice actors for the main character, I wonder why most of you believe we're not getting another silent protagonist.

(Yes, I know they need someone to voice the "Persona!" bit and every persona name, but full on dialogue? Will they break the tradition?)

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Seeing as we're discussing voice actors for the main character, I wonder why most of you believe we're not getting another silent protagonist.

(Yes, I know they need someone to voice the "Persona!" bit and every persona name, but full on dialogue? Will they break the tradition?)

I kinda feel that way, though I admit that's mostly because of the strong Catherine vibes I got from the in-engine footage. I would definitely enjoy some cutscenes where the MC talks, like in Catherine. Dialogue choices I'm not so sure about, if they would just have the MC literally say the exact phrase you just chose it'd feel like they're wasting my time.

JNA

Banned

Considering how different this Persona game is going to be than any other Persona game, it wouldn't surprise me to see a voiced protaginist this time with dialogue options.

Another thing is that this protagonist in particular looks much more fleshed out than any of the previous ones. He's not exactly a blank slate here It seems.

Persona 5 overall looks like it's going to be changing A LOT of things up and a fully voiced protagonist would be a pretty cool change I think. I would honestly not mind either way though.

jzbluz

I think it was the MC who "showed" up in the concert as the phantom and did a speech. That and the fact that he seems to have more of personality might mean that he might be a bit more voiced than the past ones.

Nightbird

There were probably more people in this Thread with this Idea, but:

Could this Trailer actually be the In-Game Trailer? You know, the one wich plays when you boot up the Game?

Could this Trailer actually be the In-Game Trailer? You know, the one wich plays when you boot up the Game?
I think it'd be the secondary one. There'll likely be another trailer accompanoed by a song with vocals.

Philippo

It would make sense but the problem is he has already voiced Adachi and Yu from Persona 4.

However, Johnny would fit so much as P5 protaginist more so than he ever has as Yu.

Well it's a different game, can't see why that should be a problem
unless P5 and Yu appear together in a Persona 5 Arena

Well i hope we're not getting a silent protagonist anymore.
I mean, it was ok when cutscenes and dialogues where kept from a distance like in P3 and 4, but now they're clearly going for a more "filmic" direction like Catherine.
And in that way a silent protagonist would kill the mood pretty quickly.

The stylized anime parts where definitely from the opening.
The song playing was probably the opening too, maybe a rendition without lyrics?

Yup. Reminds me a lot of the Persona 3 opening. Cut the gameplay bits, and anime sections and your left with P5's opening for the most part. Music will probably have vocals though.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

They don't usually show the gameplay in that. The animated parts were probably part of the opening though.

JNA

Banned
Well it's a different game, can't see why that should be a problem
unless P5 and Yu appear together in a Persona 5 Arena

Considering how Persona Q exists, I imagine a future spin off Persona 4 and 5 crossover. Which would mean JYB talks to himself for most of the game.

...which would be entertaining I won't lie.

jobrro

Considering how Persona Q exists, I imagine a future spin off Persona 4 and 5 crossover. Which would mean JYB talks to himself for most of the game.

...which would be entertaining I won't lie.

Do we know what year P5 is set? Considering P4 is set in 2011 it would be pretty trippy to see the cast from P4 even in the current year of 2015, even in P4A and P4AU there's only been two years since the event of P3 IIRC.

Of course if the possible crossover is more along the lines of PQ then what year it is set doesn't really matter.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
NO! I'm sick of that dude's voice already, I couldn't withstand an 80+ hour game and having to listen to him talk all the time.

Please, Atlus, don't be assholes. Just give us the option of dual audio this time, pleeeease.

Never happening, get over it and suck it up or don't play the game. Jesus, this begging stuff is annoying.

We should be even lucky that the english dub's are mostly servicable

NO! I'm sick of that dude's voice already, I couldn't withstand an 80+ hour game and having to listen to him talk all the time.

Please, Atlus, don't be assholes. Just give us the option of dual audio this time, pleeeease.

If he's voicing the Protagonist, you wouldn't listen to him talk all the time, actually, considering that he'd likely be mostly mute.

Gbraga

I wanna go on blackout, but the hunger will consume me.

I need more Ryuji. >_<

Greed is always the best character. Always.

Never happening, get over it and suck it up or don't play the game. Jesus, this begging stuff is annoying.

We should be even lucky that the english dub's are mostly servicable

Why not? It's happening quite regularly now with localisations, and Atlus should follow suit.

And the English dubs, regardless of what quality they are, just really jar with the whole general style of Persona in my opinion. I find them quite distracting and think the original Japanese audio would provide a much more seamless experience. I don't see how there's any harm in pressing these companies to offer dual audio, especially when the likes of Ni no Kuni, Danganronpa and Virtue's Last Reward give the player the choice.

And calm down, there's no need to get saucy.

If he's voicing the Protagonist, you wouldn't listen to him talk all the time, actually, considering that he'd likely be mostly mute.

My comment was based on the poster's speculation that the main character wouldn't be silent this time. Obviously, if Atlus are still going down the silent protagonist route then hiring a big name to voice someone who rarely talks is not going to happen, I'm aware of that. I just don't want the main character to be mute this time around, and I really don't want him to be voiced by Troy Baker.

Do we know what year P5 is set? Considering P4 is set in 2011 it would be pretty trippy to see the cast from P4 even in the current year of 2015, even in P4A and P4AU there's only been two years since the event of P3 IIRC.

Of course if the possible crossover is more along the lines of PQ then what year it is set doesn't really matter.

It says "April 11th, Monday," so that would put it in 2016.

Edit: Or 2011, but I think this will be near future as the others were^^

Koobion

This looks absolutely incredible. I think it might bring in a lot of RPG fans that haven't gotten into Persona in the past.

My comment was based on the poster's speculation that the main character wouldn't be silent this time. Obviously, if Atlus are still going down the silent protagonist route then hiring a big name to voice someone who rarely talks is not going to happen, I'm aware of that. I just don't want the main character to be mute this time around, and I really don't want him to be voiced by Troy Baker.

Ah I see.

Yar, as much as I wished for a protagonist who actually talks, that hope was dashed the moment it's apparent that they didn't even give him a default name.

I love the theory that everyone in your party starts out happy and content with themselves, but carrying one of the 7 (or maybe 8) deadly sins and its your job to 'absolve' them of that. Basically social links in reverse.

That'd be a really neat twist and would allow a bit more moral ambiguity with your characters.

RalchAC

i feel like that was kind of obvious that they are holding things back. There was at least one other persona shown in the trailer, and if the 7 deadly sins theory holds, there will be 7 party members,maybe even 8 since there is an extra one in there. And which trailers for P4 and P3 are you talking about? the 17 minute ones?

Damn DNAbro, I wanted to make that my new Avatar :(

We should get one of those long trailers too. Persona 4 Dancing All Night first shipment has a disc with extra Persona 5 informacion. Even if we don't get any info between February and June somebody will upload the disc contents so the rest of the world can enjoy it :)

Ok here I go

Yo yo persona is love persona is life I've been playing dis game since I was 5 yeah you heard right a 5 years old playing jrpg but not any jrpg Mathafucka it's persona mathafucka you hear about mlg pro smashing in call of duty well imma be smashing In persona cuz its ma duty I love it my mama bought it to me when I was 2 years old and now I'm 8 years old rapping about persona while my wife making me dinner and yeah I'm 8 years old with a wife mathafucka you don't know me I'm legendary Pokémon with unmatchable stats I see all the haters in line tryin to steal my success cuz I'm da persona champion now my wife wanna divorce me cuz I love persona more than her well let's divorce bitch u ain't stopping dis hype train for persona 5 mathafucka now I'm dead but at least I'm happy knowing that gaf is gonna be playing persona 5 for me using the ps quadruplizition power to create smooth and sleek visualization and graphicslines mathafucka

I'm done
ilpe0t9ywghax.gif

Ridesh

Banned
Ok here I go

Yo yo persona is love persona is life I've been playing dis game since I was 5 yeah you heard right a 5 years old playing jrpg but not any jrpg Mathafucka it's persona mathafucka you hear about mlg pro smashing in call of duty well imma be smashing In persona cuz its ma duty I love it my mama bought it to me when I was 2 years old and now I'm 8 years old rapping about persona while my wife making me dinner and yeah I'm 8 years old with a wife mathafucka you don't know me I'm legendary Pokémon with unmatchable stats I see all the haters in line tryin to steal my success cuz I'm da persona champion now my wife wanna divorce me cuz I love persona more than her well let's divorce bitch u ain't stopping dis hype train for persona 5 mathafucka now I'm dead but at least I'm happy knowing that gaf is gonna be playing persona 5 for me using the ps quadruplizition power to create smooth and sleek visualization and graphicslines mathafucka

I'm done
ilpe0t9ywghax.gif

T60DhN1.gif

aravuus

Ok here I go

I'm done

Umm

I'm speechless

e: here's mine c&c plz

yo
persona is cool
ur a fucking fool
and umm
a tool
i rule
fuck you
i love anime babes
but i kind of dislike grapes
oh, persona?
this has nothing to do with it
the game doesn't need shit
it sells itself
bitch

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Ok here I go

I'm done
P5 intro lyrics leaked.

Kane1345

Ok here I go

I'm done
ilpe0t9ywghax.gif

P5ORDUK.gif

Ok here I go

I'm done
ilpe0t9ywghax.gif

Lotus Juice post if you're okay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom