• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 New Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anzu (Anri?) is a fox in her burglar suit, not a cat. See the fluffy tail in the trailer.
She shows up before the fox/raccoon swinging around with her whip. Look at her in-game/cutscene stuff, she doesn't have a tail, nor does she have baggy clothing.

EDIT - Oh she actually has a cat tail. But still different characters.

Thoraxes

Anzu (Anri?) is a fox in her burglar suit, not a cat. See the fluffy tail in the trailer.

See her actual character model during the battle clips for her cat tail.

pv_01.mp4_snapshot_02veu4o.jpg

pv_01.mp4_snapshot_02nmu3t.jpg

pv_01.mp4_snapshot_02d4uua.jpg

That actually looks pretty great!

EDIT: After reading that god awfull "freestyle" I want to revisit that thread where gaffers where battling each other and someone got rekt bad.

Grewitch

That trailer, this game, how can I not get it? There's just something about the Persona series that just clicks.

Anticipating it's release and looking forward to a green theme Persona game in the future.

Ok here I go

Yo yo persona is love persona is life I've been playing dis game since I was 5 yeah you heard right a 5 years old playing jrpg but not any jrpg Mathafucka it's persona mathafucka you hear about mlg pro smashing in call of duty well imma be smashing In persona cuz its ma duty I love it my mama bought it to me when I was 2 years old and now I'm 8 years old rapping about persona while my wife making me dinner and yeah I'm 8 years old with a wife mathafucka you don't know me I'm legendary Pokémon with unmatchable stats I see all the haters in line tryin to steal my success cuz I'm da persona champion now my wife wanna divorce me cuz I love persona more than her well let's divorce bitch u ain't stopping dis hype train for persona 5 mathafucka now I'm dead but at least I'm happy knowing that gaf is gonna be playing persona 5 for me using the ps quadruplizition power to create smooth and sleek visualization and graphicslines mathafucka

I'm done
https://kmpunksays.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/ilpe0t9ywghax.gif?w=830[img][/QUOTE]

Wow you are my idol. Junior member is gonna junior I guess LOL.

Back to the topic on hand, VAs. Like I said 2 or so pages ago, Atlus tends to go with the same voice talent for the most part, I'm talking about Erin Fitz, Laura Bailey, Yuri, JYB, and we are already used to that. It would be great if they brought in some fresh blood to the table, if anything the situation with Naoto and Marge in P4AU/PQ is proof that they can find substitutes when they need them, although these 2 specific examples kinda sounded like their original voices, that was the whole point. If they can find voices that sound similar to the ones they used before, I mean, it should be easier to find voices that DON'T sound like the ones from previous titles, right? Now whether they will do it or not, it's all up in the air.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Having watched this trailer for the 20th or so time, I have been compelled to write a short P5 haiku:

Ah, Persona 5
Pure Catherine style beauty
The best menu screens

Astarte

Ok here I go

Yo yo persona is love persona is life I've been playing dis game since I was 5 yeah you heard right a 5 years old playing jrpg but not any jrpg Mathafucka it's persona mathafucka you hear about mlg pro smashing in call of duty well imma be smashing In persona cuz its ma duty I love it my mama bought it to me when I was 2 years old and now I'm 8 years old rapping about persona while my wife making me dinner and yeah I'm 8 years old with a wife mathafucka you don't know me I'm legendary Pokémon with unmatchable stats I see all the haters in line tryin to steal my success cuz I'm da persona champion now my wife wanna divorce me cuz I love persona more than her well let's divorce bitch u ain't stopping dis hype train for persona 5 mathafucka now I'm dead but at least I'm happy knowing that gaf is gonna be playing persona 5 for me using the ps quadruplizition power to create smooth and sleek visualization and graphicslines mathafucka

I'm done
ilpe0t9ywghax.gif

Wow. Uh....yeah good luck with that dude.

Snakeyes

There all on PSN/PSTV and the honestly the console versions are better in P3's case.
That doesn't really help me unless Sony decides to stay in the handheld business, which they probably won't. Playing long-winded JRPGs on the TV just isn't very convenient from my point of view, even if the console versions are better.

Ultimadrago

Ok here I go

I'm done
ilpe0t9ywghax.gif

Parappa-tier

Trailer is generating a bunch of views.

Even the reuploads on the major youtube channels are doing good numbers.

I guess the hype is real with this one. I think if Atlus can get its ducks in a row and not screw up the international release too much they will have a heck of a hit on their hands.

I hope Sony offer a hand to make sure the EU release of this game isnt a complete shitshow like recent Altus games. Ill be importing from the US to avoid that anyway but I hope someone tries.

DNAbro

Damn DNAbro, I wanted to make that my new Avatar :(

We should get one of those long trailers too. Persona 4 Dancing All Night first shipment has a disc with extra Persona 5 informacion. Even if we don't get any info between February and June somebody will upload the disc contents so the rest of the world can enjoy it :)

I'm like 1/7 people who have this avatar lol.

bwakh

Ok here I go

I'm done
ilpe0t9ywghax.gif

86TW5Ju.gif

Jisgsaw

hope Sony offer a hand to make sure the EU release of this game isnt a complete shitshow like recent Altus games. Ill be importing from the US to avoid that anyway but I hope someone tries.

I'm eager to see how Atlus will handle the PAL release.
Up to now they never really showed any sign of wanting to really try to come into the PAL market, except maybe way back with Nocturne/Lucifer's Call.

I guess the hype is real with this one. I think if Atlus can get its ducks in a row and not screw up the international release too much they will have a heck of a hit on their hands.

I hope Sony offer a hand to make sure the EU release of this game isnt a complete shitshow like recent Altus games. Ill be importing from the US to avoid that anyway but I hope someone tries.

This. Sony of all people should recognise the importance of EU.

SCEE please help Atlus.

i don't know sega did a better job than zen united of getting ultimax in EU

sega will probably handle EU release

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
This. Sony of all people should recognise the importance of EU.

SCEE please help Atlus.

I'll say it again, the last two Persona games were localized pretty quickly. Ultimax had a delay of roughly 3 weeks (bad, but tolerable) and Persona Q only came out 3 days after the NA release. They seem to have gotten their shit together so I'd assume a mainline game will be treated even better.

(At least I hope. Atlus pls ;-;)

I'll say it again, the last two Persona games were localized pretty quickly. Ultimax had a delay of roughly 3 weeks (bad, but tolerable) and Persona Q only came out 3 days after the NA release. They seem to have gotten their shit together so I'd assume a mainline game will be treated even better.

yeah but they only announced localisation in NA iirc

Jisgsaw

Like it went better with their last entry of the main SMT franchise?
P4G, Ultimax and Arena were pretty good, but other than that, localisation of SMT games has been terrible since the PS2 died out, and wasn't stellar back then either.

Atlus doesn't release games in Europe unless it is digital. It will have to be NIS or Sega to announce Europe release

With Sega more or less stating they are going to kill of their European localisation team, they're out I'd say.
So my bet would be on NISA.

The only way we get this game quickly is if NISA or SEGA is handling it otherwise we will get another SMTIV scenario.

t26

Like it went better with their last entry of the main SMT franchise?
P4G, Ultimax and Arena were pretty good, but other than that, localisation of SMT games has been terrible since the PS2 died out, and wasn't stellar back then either.

With Sega more or less stating they are going to kill of their European localisation team, they're out I'd say.
So my bet would be on NISA.

Sega in this case would only be handing publishing duty, like they did with Ultimax .They won't be doing any localization.

Jisgsaw

Sega in this case would only be handing publishing duty, like they did with Ultimax .They won't be doing any localization.

As I understood it, they more or less want to consolidate (ie. drastically reduce to concentrate on sur ebets like Footbal Manager and Total War) their PAL publishing branch, not only the localization.

salromano

Wht he meant (I think) is that the game still isn't announced for PAL regions, let alone a publisher.

I'd wager NIS America will pick it up. They distributed Persona Q, Persona 4 Golden, and Dragon's Crown for Atlus in Europe. They seem to have a good relationship going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom