• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 to be Splorgenborg exclusive; 20X6 release

Ridley327

July 8th and a PC port. Nice!

Wonder if the PC port implies a quick localization...

Back when the 2015 date was announced (tee-hee), they also announced that the English release would be released very shortly after the Japanese release. I've never doubted that Atlus USA has been heavily involved with this game throughout its development, so I think there's still a good chance that it's still happening.

That being said, they're going to want to give FFXV a wide berth.

PC Ports?
tumblr_mmej12cqhM1r5xzspo1_250.jpg

Dropping PS3 makes sense though.

There has to be probably very little reason to bring this out to PS3 at this time. Kinda insane it's been 10 years since the last number Persona entry....

Welp. If true, there goes my PS4k purchase. Guess it's seriously time to build a PC.

Edit: Bloody hell I hope this is true. Nier: Automata, Scalebound, FFXV, Recore - just bring them all over, please.

Ydelnae

I don't know which one is more mindblowing, either such a close release date (EARLY JULY?) or the out of fucking nowhere Pc version.

Still, expecting the pc version to be a later port not on D1.

The website says the PC versions is coming out on July 8th, too.

Also, the fact that the PC version is coming in Japan on July 8th makes me think that we will get the game in July too.

tuxfool

Banned
Very skeptical atm, but if they were doing a PC version, I'd like to think it's SEGA's influence. Atlus are a total no show when it comes to pc ports compared to SEGAs prolific catalogue.

Honestly though, if I thought any persona game was going to come to PC I'd have assumed 4 would be up first.

edit: However...I remember something about an alleged PC port of Catherine years ago...

It would definitely be a change, give how spineless Sega has been when dealing with Atlus.

Eolz

So, does it mean we'll get a simultaneous release for a Atlus title in NA and Europe for the first time ever?

CrazyDude

Also, the fact that the PC version is coming in Japan on July 8th makes me think that we will get the game in July too.

It would be an awesome surprise if it came out here the same day as Japan.

Hektor

If we get a PC Version(!) and this game is in fact releasing in July(!!) maybe even worldwide(!!!)

Than ATLUS redeemed themselfs of all the shit they've done in the past.

Ridley327

SQUARE must be fuming if this comes out before FF15 haha

How do you figure? Even after how much FFXIII's sequels poisoned the well, Persona is nowhere near the same level as FF when it comes to mainstream exposure. Squenix probably spent more money on the Uncovered event than Atlus will spend on all the advertising for this game.

Top Bottom