• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Will Be At E3 2016

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
That's their shoutout to Western fans, ya happy!??

I cant wait.....>< Please be an October release, AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SONY, PUT THAT SHIT IN YOUR CONFERENCE

I cant wait.....>< Please be an October release, AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SONY, PUT THAT SHIT IN YOUR CONFERENCE
It's not like they're gonna have a separate conference or can go to another console showing. Sony knows the popularity of this series with fans, it'd be silly not to have it

Unfortunately Sony only has eyes for destiny and uncharted. I'm hoping persona 5 gets more than a trailer as well as zero time dilemma.

Jeels

Hopefully with an English trailer and playable because it'll be the last major show before it's north American release. :)

The game is so goddamn stylish that it's guaranteed to grab people's attention, even if they had never heard of the series. It looks like almost nothing else on the market AND it's a Playstation exclusive. Sony would be foolish not to feature it.

labx

Banned
Atlus is like a hot girlfriend but with a chastity ring. She teases and tesases and only give others the thing that her SO is looking. I hate Atlus.

QuadOpto

I think it's still noteworthy that PV04 didn't showcase the last male character at all, with the DLC previews even having his face completely blocked by text boxes. As such, there's still one more of the Phantom Thief Crew to "reveal" to the Japanese audience come E3, which would be why this event would be of any note to them.

...Of course, this also means that they will have to officially acknowledge all other party members revealed so far for the English audience, which is notable since as of right now the USA Persona website doesn't even have anybody on it except the protagonist.

I'd definitely bet that we're narrowing in on a close release; maybe not simultaneous but definitely somewhere in the realm of Fall/Winter 2016 (For NA), and that whatever is happening at E3 will be something that we'll all get to enjoy, if they hold it to the level that they have for the previous Japanese events.

Kaisos

Yeah....it should probably avoid the ass scene for the E3 trailer. That said, it does seem there's increasing focus on ass over boobs in Japan at the moment.

They, uh, probably do not want to avoid showing skin given the powder keg around "censorship" in JRPGs lately.

FluxWaveZ

More reasonably, a lot of the undercurrent regarding Persona 5's western presence seemed to imply that a lot of outlets did want to showcase Persona 5, but Atlus Japan themselves just weren't willing or ready to do so and, when they did, it was mainly through their own independent venues. Now, with this, it's obvious that they're embracing the event with open arms, which means that wall is now gone.

There's also the fact that Sony could put up a very interesting position by combining Persona 5, Final Fantasy XV, Nier Automata, etc. at their conference.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
More reasonably, a lot of the undercurrent regarding Persona 5's western presence seemed to imply that a lot of outlets did want to showcase Persona 5, but Atlus Japan themselves just weren't willing or ready to do so and, when they did, it was mainly through their own independent venues. Now, with this, it's obvious that they're embracing the event with open arms, which means that wall is now gone.

There's also the fact that Sony could put up a very interesting position by combining Persona 5, Final Fantasy XV, Nier Automata, etc. at their conference.
That would encroach on the time that's assuredly going to Destiny: Expansion Pack 2, Watch Dogs 2, NBA 2K17, and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare.

Zolo

They, uh, probably do not want to avoid showing skin given the powder keg around "censorship" in JRPGs lately.

I still expect it to be in the game. I just meant they should avoid it for mass market trailers. That said, I expect this to be a new-ish trailer since it's being advertised in Japan too.

P5! ...Delayed to 2017! But here's a trailer and the final character! :D

There'd be riots, like if GabeN announced Half Life 3 would be a mobile game.

sora87

Has there been many games that have been given a release date at E3 with "only north america" on the screen? Sony might be cautious about the backlash.

Thud

That would encroach on the time that's assuredly going to Destiny: Expansion Pack 2, Watch Dogs 2, NBA 2K17, and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare.

E3 is more than just conferences. Maybe they have a playable demo there.

I do agree with the sentiment that it's not gonna have that much stage presence.

BlackJace

The results screen has got to be the most unique thing I've seen in a while. I've always wondered why RPG parties just stand there and pose for 30 seconds after a heated battle.

The P5 MC has the right idea, signaling for them to get moving and shit. Love it.
Also, it looks like the blond dude was attempting to pose, but the MC was like "we ain't got time for that shit bruh"

Akiraptor

At least there's some positive news to counter Nintendo's so-far gloomy plans for E3. I expect a NA release date, and hoping that date will be before January 1st, 2017.

N30RYU

Since the JP release date it's been delayed a month and a week if we put that summer in japan goes from May 7th to August 8th... and it's gonna be released Sep 15th...

if the US release date is delayed too if it was scheluded for 2016... thinking that may have been aimed for a Dec 2016. In the worst scenario it should be released before February 15th 2017... (that being Dec 31st the previous release date)

I just have faith that we are gonna get it in the US this year since the localization must be almost done.

Kaisos

I still expect it to be in the game. I just meant they should avoid it for mass market trailers. That said, I expect this to be a new-ish trailer since it's being advertised in Japan too.

If it's not in a trailer, the extremely calm and rational people will decide it's not in the game, and proceed to harass Atlus employees on Twitter. Not a situation they want to be in, I think.

Zolo

If it's not in a trailer, the extremely calm and rational people will decide it's not in the game, and proceed to harass Atlus employees on Twitter. Not a situation they want to be in, I think.

And since it isn't a nintendo game, Atlus can respond whether that's the case or not. They even bothered explaining the localized 'Apocalypse' title.

FluxWaveZ

Tweet by the official E3 account.
U1I3RbL.jpg

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
I really love the way this game looks but unfortunately it is turn based. I never get turn based ( partially because it looks goofy as hell which is why I never tried it in all my years of gaming since the SNES era ) and it is probably to late for me to get the genre.

What a bummer :(

Zolo

I really love the way this game looks but unfortunately it is turn based. I never get turn based ( partially because it looks goofy as hell which is why I never tried it in all my years of gaming since the SNES era ) and it is probably to late for me to get the genre.

What a bummer :(

Never too late to get into a genre. Plus, SMT series is my favorite turn-based gaming with battles feeling more involved with targetting weaknesses, buffing/debuffing for bosses, and uh....other stuff I just enjoy more in SMT games which Persona's apart of.

Plus, if you just want the story, they'll have a super-easy mode you could probably just about auto-battle through.

Memento

Atlus should prepare an all new trailer in english for Sony's E3 Conference.

Sony needs to accept though of course. Come on Sony dont be evil, we need this to sell well in the west!

Shauni

It's not like they're gonna have a separate conference or can go to another console showing. Sony knows the popularity of this series with fans, it'd be silly not to have it

People said the same thing last year haha. E3 is far more western focused, and this game appeals most to the Japanese market. I know people have it in their heads that this game can 'break through' into the more mainstream audience, but I really don't know if Sony and Atlus feel the same way. You can crap on indies, but I think they have probably more of a western flavor than this game most of the time. But we'll see I guess, it would be cool to have it at Sony's conference.

The sounds of Sony having a JRPG-rich conference makes me feel tingly inside :3

Top Bottom