• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Won't Be Out In North America Until February 2017

Specifically, since P4 was released in Japan. Given the relative success at the time, the writing was on the wall for a P5 to be made.

True, but it's disingenuous to think that P5 was being made for the last 10 years, it's like the people who think FFXV took 10 years to make. With the completion of Catherine, P5 went into full production.

_woLf

Preordered from Best Buy as well now. After how Amazon just fucked me over with Mirror's Edge's collectors edition, I am taking no chances.

where are you guys seeing the preorder on Amazon?

search isn't bringing it up for me. Amazon has been weird about preorders lately. i've had 2 of them canceled and the game unlisted, and then lots of stuff that's been confirmed for a long time not being on the site at all.

http://www.amazon.com/Persona-PlayStation-Take-Your-Heart-Premium/dp/B01GKHJPAC?ie=UTF8&keywords=persona%205%20-%20playstation%204&qid=1465324074&ref_=sr_1_2&s=videogames&sr=1-2

I had to search Persona 5 - Playstation 4 for it to show up. I've never played a Persona game, but this is one cool special edition.

_woLf

What happened? Amazon-senpai is usually pretty great. What went wrong?

Preordered in January. Never shipped. Contacted support yesterday because I was worried, said it'd be fine. Contacted support today, they told me they have no stock and are not sure if they ever will get more. What happened with my order, and why was I never informed of issues? They don't know.

Amazon had a borderline perfect track record for me until this incident, but their response (and compensation, woopie an extra month to my prime subscription!) has really soured me on them.

Alas, if both Amazon and Best Buy ship I am sure someone on GAF will be willing to pay base price for it so I am not too concerned.

ar4757

Here we go again.

CkWiBXIWUAAYvCW.jpg

I don't really care but just what?? There's nothing inappropriate at all. That's like if a dude had chest hair showing it being hidden

Edit: I'm late, and a fool

NotLiquid

I'm going to assume VGP is the best place to order if it's a matter of importing the special edition (Europe here)

I don't really care but just what?? There's nothing inappropriate at all. That's like if a dude had chest hair showing it being hidden

Morgana was moved so as to not be obscured by the bigger ESRB logo

pre ordered the "take your heart" edition

the amazon webpage says a pre order bonus is the content inside the "take your heart" edition, but is handled as if this edition was amazon exclusive, however, you can pre order it from BB, is it just a place holder?

original amazon message:
"Pre-order Persona 5 "Take Your Heart" Premium Edition to receive the bonus content, including: SteelBook Collectible Case, Soundtrack CD, 4" Morgana Plush, 64-page Hardcover Art Book, School Bag and Collectible Outer Box. Offer only applies when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. "

The edit is because the larger ESRB logo would cover half of Morgana's face, it's not to hide precious anime tiddies from the world.

Boke1879

Go in store pick up through BB with GCU. Gonna cancel my Amazon order.

Question: with in store pick up with BB. Do they charge your card or just put an authorization hold?

javadoze

Atlus knew it couldn't get it out for the holiday season to compete with Dragon Quest VII.

Jokes aside, I don't mind this. On top of everything coming out later this year, I think I have a good enough fill of JRPGs in the meantime.

I think they did it so morgana can be seen, the "rate RP" emblem is taller than the Japanese one, it would cover Morgana's face

Well, that's what Atlus said, but the ESRB logo is only about 20 pixels taller, and Morgana is moved both up and to the right more than 20 pixels. Regardless of the reason, it makes that area of the artwork look too cramped.

Alfredo

I hope this gives people enough time to determine whether or not the (japanese) PS3 version is worth buying or if it's severely neutered.

Otherwise, PS3 version at $40 is a pretty good deal!

kenta

Has no PEINS
I like the increased saturation on the NA box art as well, the red pops more. Digging it

Edit: Maybe saturation isn't the right word, but the red glow seems to be more emphasized? Either way, thumbs up

Reallink

can we not

Just being real, series obviously has a lot sexual humor/innuendo. Had they rushed a WW release most stuff would have a good chance of slipping through, but they're going to be going over it with a fine tooth comb with that kind of delay and clearly have hopes of being a more mainstream sales success with such an investment into the localization.

llexan

pre ordered the "take your heart" edition

the amazon webpage says a pre order bonus is the content inside the "take your heart" edition, but is handled as if this edition was amazon exclusive, however, you can pre order it from BB, is it just a place holder?

original amazon message:
"Pre-order Persona 5 "Take Your Heart" Premium Edition to receive the bonus content, including: SteelBook Collectible Case, Soundtrack CD, 4" Morgana Plush, 64-page Hardcover Art Book, School Bag and Collectible Outer Box. Offer only applies when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. "

That "when shipped and sold by Amazon.com" just means that the order has to be fulfilled by them and not by a third-party vendor on the Amazon Marketplace. Basically covering their butts that if you purchased through a third party you're not guaranteed the extras.

Well, that's what Atlus said, but the ESRB logo is only about 20 pixels taller, and Morgana is moved both up and to the right more than 20 pixels. Regardless of the reason, it makes that area of the artwork look too cramped.

Probably because the Cero logo was already covering some of Morgana's face. Overall she's less covered up. It's not an ideal solution (I really wonder why they don't take logo placement into account when they're drafting up ideas for the box art), but other solutions would have been to move over the art, ruining the symmetry, or shrink or perform other manipulations.

Just being real, series obviously has a lot sexual humor/innuendo. Had they rushed a WW release most stuff would have slipped through, but they're going to be going over it with a fine tooth comb with that kind of delay and clearly have hopes of being a more mainstream sales success with such an investment into the localization.

Yeah that logic makes total sense especially considering the lewd changes in Golden.

.JayZii

Banned
Just being real, series obviously has a lot sexual humor/innuendo. Had they rushed a WW release most stuff would have slipped through, but they're going to be going over it with a fine tooth comb with that kind of delay and clearly have hopes of being a more mainstream sales success with such an investment into the localization.
Nah, I don't think you're being real, at all. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

DNAbro

That's the exact opposite of being real.

Reallink

Yeah that logic makes total sense especially considering the lewd changes in Golden.

In case the differences weren't obvious enough, Golden was a relatively low budget Vita port for a super niche platform that long predates the SJW/Outrage culture/movement that has scared so many dev/pubs into changing (or straight up not releasing) their games. P5 is a flagship JRPG on one of the fastest selling consoles in history with a significant marketing/localization investment. If that still seems nonsensical, I don't know what to tell you.

Ah Come On man, I'm not even pissed that it got delayed but why in did it have to be at the beginning of the spring semester. Is bad enough that FFXV will also release in the begining of the fall semester -_-

Top Bottom