• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Sophia

And now, we dance, with Harkua, in Persona Yakuza 5! Come forth Dantis, there is dancing to be had!

Also Green Mamba, you should draw that stuff for living. You're good at it. :O

Gazoinks

I was going to point this out but you beat me to it. Persona's fanbase is generally late to the party, and the positive word of mouth for it is insane. Like, I never heard this much positivity for a game short of things like GTA and TLoU.

Yeah, even just looking at the amount of LTTP threads that show up in Gaming is crazy.

Lunar15

I was going to point this out but you beat me to it. Persona's fanbase is generally late to the party, and the positive word of mouth for it is insane. Like, I never heard this much positivity for a game short of things like GTA and TLoU.

I think there were at least three P4G LTTP's this week alone, and there was hardly a single "meh" in sight.

CorvoSol

For me at least, it's hard not to lavish praise on Persona. I mean, I'm so starved for really good JRPGs and along comes Persona. It's games like this and Xenoblade that give me hope for the genre.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Kn8vR5O.png

/stolen from pan :3

So, I didn't know Alive was a thing in SMT. Now I get the "Die for me" reference.

True. P4G has insanely positive word-of-mouth and it's a re-release of game that already had the same benefit, so that's two points more than Y5.

what do you mean Alive? Confused.

Die For Me! is a reference to SMT1, where Alice ask's the MC to do some silly tasks for him and her final task is asking him if he would please die for her.

Edit:....Duh its a typo lol nvm

Squire

Banned
I think there were at least three P4G LTTP's this week alone, and there was hardly a single "meh" in sight.

Yeah, it's pretty amazing.

For me at least, it's hard not to lavish praise on Persona. I mean, I'm so starved for really good JRPGs and along comes Persona. It's games like this and Xenoblade that give me hope for the genre.

This was my experience exactly. The genre was losing me, fast. I played P4G with basically no expectations and right when I needed to and it renewed my faith in the genre and reminded me why I've always loved it. It's the kind of game every studio that works in the genre should aspire to create.

I decided to put all the action figs together on top because they don't look right placed next to scaled figures.

That makes sense, very cool. If I'm not mistaken that's a Play-Arts Kai Thanatos, I saw one at a local mall, along with the Elizabeth you have in the display, I didn't look at the price. My wallet was too scared to know.

Kn8vR5O.png

/stolen from pan :3

Best suplex ever, even better than Leons.

That's exactly how I feel, great JRPGs are not as abundant as they used to be. Games like Persona, Xenoblade, The Last Story are the beacons of hope for the genre. Most of the games I'm excited for are just sequels or HD versions of establish franchise. Persona 5 obviously, Tales of Xillia 2, Tales of Zestaria, FFX/X-2 HD, KH2.5, Tales of Symphonia Chronicles. I'm just happy to see more JRPGs, and hopefully they are all good.

Musolf815

Agreed. This is an anecdotal story, but after I played P4G, I showed it to all my friends who are into gaming, and they fell in love with it.

It kinda reminds me of how Breaking Bad got more fans as they went along.

FluxWaveZ

Haven't seen a ZE thread lately and there's a P4G thread every other week it feels like

Yeah, the P4G LTTP threads have been more numerous as of late. Wonder if that has to do with more Vita handhelds being sold, November's Persona event and/or all of those P4G discounts.

Might also see a resurgence in ZE LTTPs if the third one gets announced this year. Same for if the AA 3DS collection gets released in NA.

I think it's that people are really starved for JRPGs, and in this day and age they are very few and far between. But also the fact it's so different from everything in the genre in terms of setting, characters, music, and presentation, that it's kinda hard not to notice it. I think that's why you've seen a lot of people also come to not only Persona, but the SMT series as whole. Since while it's still a very traditional JRPG at it's core, it breaks all the conventions of what a JRPG is.

Thanks for all the comments on my Shadow Yamano picture, guys, appreciate it. Currently working on another because why not. Easily my favorite so far, hope to show you guys soon.

Lunar15

Yeah, the P4G LTTP threads have been more numerous as of late. Wonder if that has to do with more Vita handhelds being sold, November's Persona event and/or all of those P4G discounts.

Might also see a resurgence in ZE LTTPs if the third one gets announced this year. Same for if the AA 3DS collection gets released in NA.

I've noticed that whenever there's a sale, we get one or two LTTP threads about two weeks after. I'm assuming that's how long it takes people to either beat it or be far enough to write glowing impressions.

Top Bottom