• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

abrack08

Should I play P3:FES or P3Portable?

There's not really a consensus for which one is better, like there is for P4 vs P4G. You'll have to decide which sounds better for you based on the pros and cons of each one. Biggest hurdle is the FES only lets you control your main character in battle and give strategies to your team. So instead of picking each move they do, you can only give them tactics like "heal/support" if you're hurt or "full assault" to make sure they'll attack. The AI overall is pretty good in my experience, with just a few
Marin Karin
quirks. FES also has a ~30 hour epilogue that shows what happens after the story (though the quality is debatable). P3P adds full party control and the option to make for a female main character, but has visual novel type presentation. You navigate around town with just menus and static pictures everywhere except dungeons, instead of the 3D models in the FES. I haven't played much of P3P but I think some things are tweaked that make the game a bit easier too. Overall I prefer FES, but if you don't want to deal with AI teammates and don't mind losing a lot of the presentation, P3P is probably better for you.

Yeah I was taken aback by the presentation. I am leaning on P3P because of convenience, ie I got it sitting right in front of me, while I need to download P3FES off of PSN which takes fucking forever on my internet connection.

Thanks for the advice.

CrazyDude

Yeah I was taken aback by the presentation. I am leaning on P3P because of convenience, ie I got it sitting right in front of me, while I need to download P3FES off of PSN which takes fucking forever on my internet connection.

Thanks for the advice.

If your going with the psp one, play as a girl, you'll get male and female party member social links as opposed to just the girls as a boy.

Thanks for the feedback, really glad you all like it :)

Oh man, that's really good

Newman's gotta be the navigator!

Its settled then.

Newman should be a navigator. I love the idea of Crazy Joe Davola as the villain. This is just awesome, awesome, awesome.

As for the backgrounds, that's a tough one. I really like the look of the background in this shot, so I would think it would be best to leave them like this, but you are right on the camera being too near in the restaurant. I don't know what the call would be there.

About the restaurant, is going to be tough, will have to see how I cando it there using the photo. Seems no one has any problem with the photo so I will settle with that. Also Newman as a navigator.

Shadow George should be Twix-themed.

Also, given the TV theme of P4, there should be something about the Drakes and that big-screen.

The twix thing is a good idea! Didn't think about the bis ass tv they gave to the drakes, maybe that's a cool scene if I have time.

Perseinfeld 4 would be a very short game, the Shadows would confront the main characters with all their biggest insecurities and fears and they'd all just go "yeah, that's about right"

I have a hard time thinking of what George's shadow can be. For the most part he's aware of his faults.

Hahaha yep, thats what's difficult about mixing it with shadows, becuase they are already their own shadows. Someone said some days ago something about Seinfeld being a bee, that's a good idea with the twix Costanza.

Igor.
curb-your-enthusiasm-20090730040010213_640w.jpg

curb-your-enthusiam.jpg

scqsLtL.jpg

Thats a fucking fantastic idea! Doing it for sure!

It's a monthly stream on Nico where they talk about and promote Persona 3 and Persona 4 related products and projects. Think of it sort of like SLink.fm except it's actually scripted by Atlus and not fan-made.

Squire

Banned
Junpei, because P3 does something really cool where his arc is reflected in the game's mechanics.

At the start of P3, Yukari and Junpei are your only available party members. This is okay, because between them and the MC's native Orpheus, you can exploit most every Shadow's weakness in the first areas of Tartarus. Junpei comes off well here, as the hero he wants to be. But then three things happen:

1) The upperclassmen, Akihiko and Mitsuru, are added, and their elements are Just Better than the underclassmen's. Zio and Bufu skills, in addition to damaging the enemy, can put them in Shock or Freeze status, something neither Yukari's Garu or Junpei's Agi line can.
2) The MC gains and fuses more Personas, allowing him/her to cover a wide range of elements all by him/herself.
3) The game starts phasing out Shadows that are weak to Agi for a while.

The combination of these factors means that when you've got three party slots to fill and four party members to fill them with, you're encouraged to bench Junpei and bring the guys who can heal, exploit weaknesses, and inflict helpful status effects instead. And in story terms, what's happening at about this time? Junpei starts feeling frustrated and useless at losing his role in the team, resenting the MC for being too good.

Brilliant. Love this type of thing. When story and gameplay truly coalesce.

kewlmyc

For the people who watched the P3M stream, what extras come with Spring of Birth Collector's Edition? I'm wondering if ugly stickers are worth $20.

CrazyDude

It's difficult to go from Persona 2 IS on the PSP to EP on PSX because of how ugly the interface is. I am just glad that it supports analogue stick. Using the d-pad on the vita would be a pain, it's also why going through my xenogear playthrough is going slowly.

One benefit over IS is that the encounter rate seems lower in EP.

Kazzy

I love Nate's "To the Number 1" jacket.

I always found that to be an oddly specific ambition/goal.

So what if Japan entered an Evangelion, Neo Tokyo, situation - what then? Would he be satisfied with having become the 'best'? Even if it was in spite of the majority of the population being obliterated?

Marche90

It did not, there's an English patch though

If anyone knows how to fix the GameGuard problem, please let me know

I think no one answered this, so here's what I did. If you have the PSO2 tweaker already just click the Orb and go to the Troubleshooting sub-menu. There's an option that says: "Fix Game guard related problems", or something along those lines. Just click it and that should do the trick. Also, just to be on the safe side, add an exception in the Windows Firewall.

Just played for an hour or so. But I literally didn't know where to go next, plus I was alone, so I left :(

At what time do you guys play, btw?

I think no one answered this, so here's what I did. If you have the PSO2 tweaker already just click the Orb and go to the Troubleshooting sub-menu. There's an option that says: "Fix Game guard related problems", or something along those lines. Just click it and that should do the trick. Also, just to be on the safe side, add an exception in the Windows Firewall.

Just played for an hour or so. But I literally didn't know where to go next, plus I was alone, so I left :(

At what time do you guys play, btw?

Random, try going onto the IRC to see who is playing!

Caladrius

I always found that to be an oddly specific ambition/goal.

So what if Japan entered an Evangelion, Neo Tokyo, situation - what then? Would he be satisfied with having become the 'best'? Even if it was in spite of the majority of the population being obliterated?

I think it means he wants to be Prime Minister.

Kazzy

I think it means he wants to be Prime Minister.

But those kind of aspirations always seemed in service of that. Though I know this is all slightly facetious, phrasing it in such a way is something that I've always found to be hilariously hyperbolic.

Kei Nanjo - The shounen hero that Persona deserves.

The Collector's Edition of the movie in general?

Also:

gW4K1Rd.png

Oh God that Helga Yukari is scary

Also Mo just sent me the stream overlays for each League for the King's Games and they look super awesome! Shoutouts/thanks again to Mo, and I'm going to do my best to soon get everything set up to work, put rules up, etc.

Basically stay tuned.

CorvoSol

Persona 2: WHAT

ADOLF HITLER IS ALIVE. And he is an IMMORTAL ALIEN SORCERER. He is wielding a MAGICAL WEAPON. One that derives its power from THE BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST. The Masked Circle is A SECRET NAZI UNIT THAT SPIRITED HIM AWAY AT THE END OF THE WAR.

Does that follow? You got that? Good, because here comes the most reasonable part of it all:

ANCIENT WARRING SECTS OF ALIEN THOUGHTBEINGS WHO SOMETIMES HAVE PHYSICAL BODIES CAUSED MANKIND TO EVOLVE IN MESOAMERICA, WHERE THEY BUILT THE MAYAN CIVILIZATION THAT SPANNED ALL THE WAY TO JAPAN. WHERE ANCIENT MESOAMERICAN ALIENS BURIED THEMSELVES AND THEIR SPACESHIP WHICH CAN TURN MAN INTO GODS.

All of this would be absofuckinglutely insane, BUT, this is SMT where angels and demons and deities of all the world's cultures and belief systems are REAL AND WANT TO BE YOUR POKEMON. And God and Satan are sort of kind of really bored and have been playing cosmic chess with mankind for like, 25ish years now.

Also a personal friend of an Apostle of Jesus Christ is in fact a mental manifestation of the subconscious good of all mankind and his evil counterpart is some kind of Lovecraftian demon father of all Shadows.

And Jesus Christ himself was a psychic android Stand employed by a daring young man and his super awesome totally forgotten sister in driving back the human death instinct.
Welcome to Persona.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom