• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

hao chi

I don't think they care for that kind of minutia in regards to canon. Those Personas are more recognizable, hence they're there. It's probably close to the same reason the game's called "Persona 4" Arena, when it was released at a time when media exposure for the P4 brand was at an all-time high.

When really it should have been Persona 3 Arena. :p

Half serious.

Nachos

Nah, AC will change "yourre" to "you're". If you type "your" it's gonna leave it that way.

I was thinking of something like Swype, where if you're not too precise with how you run your fingers over each letter, it might interpret things differently, especially with how close R and E are on a regular keyboard.

That's how some of my S. Link questions have gotten a little mangled when I forgot to see if everything was interpreted properly.

That would be appropriate given the lack of Ken, FeMC, and P1/P2 characters.

buddha pls respond if you're okay

tumblr_n4g97rwyL21qf4gulo1_1280.jpg

Woooowee (link may contain spoilers for the Persona series). Unfortunately they're sold out but look how neato.

FluxWaveZ

Yes. This week's Famitsu isn't available until Thursday. Some people got this week's issue early. By tomorrow, I'd assume the site will be updated with news and the release date.

If the website's actually being updated, I'd say it should happen in a matter of hours since it's 7:00 AM over there. It'd probably happen sometime in the afternoon.

Setsu00

If the website's actually being updated, I'd say it should happen in a matter of hours since it's 7:00 AM over there. It'd probably happen sometime in the afternoon.

I'd assume they wouldn't update it until after the third PSC is live considering they might show Ken in it.

FluxWaveZ

I'd assume they wouldn't update it until after the third PSC is live considering they might show Ken in it.

But PSC is happening on Friday and what they had said via Twitter was that there would be a big P4U2 update simultaneously with the Famitsu magazine, which is Thursday. I'm not sure if the "update" part actually referred to the website or just news in general, though, which is why I don't know if there's supposed to be a website update at all. If there is, I'd have to imagine it's still happening on the 24th, like it's said.

Caladrius

Damn you people and your magic scan location skills.

I will entertain myself with the prospect of Rise dressed as a flamingo until I can find it.

Maya (Tatsuya, too) went to hell and back. She deserves a little rest.

At least she's canon.

You do know that was 11 years ago, that's a very long rest if you ask me. Plus, it would be fun to see what she would look like along with the rest of the P1/P2 after all these years.

Wow this is a lot of awesome news to see today! I can't wait to try out Rise. Also I remember seeing something a while back about P4AU being the end of the Persona 3 and 4 story lines, does anyone know if that is true, or do y'all think they will continue to make games involving these casts after Persona 5 comes out?

FluxWaveZ

Some of this P4U2 info's hours old and has been said already, but I didn't come across it in one spot until now because I was ignoring the source.

Edit: Translated Info's actually only an hour old.

General profile:
Voice: Rie Kugimiya
Main Weapon: Microphone
Type: Musical note zoning type
Persona: Himiko

Beginnings of Rise's story:
Rise, gearing for a return from hiatus to the idol industry, has been hard at work with lessons. One evening, she notices strange changes to the town. The streets are now covered in a red fog, and people have been suddenly vanishing. Separated from her friends, what is the resolve to which Rise holds as she is confronted by danger…?

Details on fighting style:
Rise fights using variety of projectiles, such as music notes that explode when certain attacks connect. When she analyzes the opponent, her attacks change greatly, allowing for a unique fighting style. Her Instant Kill Move is True Story, in which her Persona Himiko seizes the opponent while Rise charms them with her singing voice.

Shadow Rise:
Shadow Rise has her own exclusive performances, starting off from billboards like “Risechii Tokudashi SP!” (“Risette EXPOSED!”).

Story details we already knew, but posting it anyways since this is the translation straight from Famitsu:
The PlayStation 3 version of P4U2 includes a story mode that serves as after-story to Persona 4. Featuring two parts, Episode P3 and Episode P4, the story is told from the perspective of the cast of Persona 3 and Persona 4, respectively. Featuring hand-drawn illustrations, a serious and unique story awaits.

Wada saying stuff:
Rise is a character that players highly requested to become playable. While she’s a tricky character that uses sound, rather than an aggressive character, Rise herself is more of a defensive type who uses her Persona to amplify her voice then attacks. Her reasons for joining the fray are told in the story mode, so look forward to that.

Nimby

Banned
Finally got to play Persona 4 (not Golden), really loving it. Just found out that I really like direct commands, you kinda need them to play this game unlike P3 where I could coast with the AI and do just fine.

I picked expert for a first time playthrough, don't know how good of an idea this was though LOL.

So far I'm loving it as much as P3, possibly more. Social links with your party was a good idea, it expands their personalities and let's you get to know them. I don't know how to initiate these social links though, unless it's through regular gameplay.

Gonna play some more in a few.

PK Gaming

Rise fights using variety of projectiles, such as music notes that explode when certain attacks connect. When she analyzes the opponent, her attacks change greatly, allowing for a unique fighting style. Her Instant Kill Move is True Story, in which her Persona Himiko seizes the opponent while Rise charms them with her singing voice.

(✿´‿`)

Tiu Neo

Rise sounds fun to play. I'm also curious about what they'll do with Ken. I'm getting hyped for P4U2's launch
, so we can finally get some DAN news after that.

So I have a question since I'm kinda in the middle of The Answer, what would you recommend next, to play P4 vanilla or Golden? would the classic version be better first or Golden is the way to go?

todd360

Why is there no personagaf t-shirt on the gaf shirt store? I was thinking the text could be something like: Persona Gaf
I swear I don't have a waifu

So I have a question since I'm kinda in the middle of The Answer, what would you recommend next, to play P4 vanilla or Golden? would the classic version be better first or Golden is the way to go?

Id say if you have access to Golden right away, go Golden, but if you only have P4 Vanilla, that is fine too.

Lunar15

Do things always have to be black or white?

No, they don't. I just find the juxtaposition humorous.

Plus, I never took Arena that seriously, so I doubt I'm going to take this game all that seriously either.

My point is: I wouldn't get too hyped about this game's story.

FluxWaveZ

Plus, I never took Arena that seriously, so I doubt I'm going to take this game all that seriously either.

Are the serious parts in P4 humorous because of its non-serious parts?

The Persona series has always been about the balance, ever since Persona 1. I think it's people who seriously either say something is tonally "super grim-dark" or "rainbow sunny happy times" who are missing the point.

My point is: I wouldn't get too hyped about this game's story.

I liked P4A's story despite its flaws. I think I am more hyped for the story than anything in this.

Lunar15

Are the serious parts in P4 humorous because of its non-serious parts?

The Persona series has always been about the balance, ever since Persona 1. I think it's people who seriously either say something is tonally "super grim-dark" or "rainbow sunny happy times" who are missing the point.

My point is less that those things can't mix and more that I don't think the writers of this game ever took it seriously in the first place.

Believe me, I'm a huge fan of mixing silly in with dark. I enjoy that contrast and it can often make both sides better. I absolutely appreciate the balance in the series. I'm just saying that people who are watering at the mouth for this game to finally have a serious, grim dark story are probably going to be disappointed. I actually didn't mind P4A's story, it's just that I've always viewed it as a fun, over the top, fanfiction romp, albeit with the occasional grounding the series is known for.

It's the same as people wanting P5 to be darker and in college.

Squire

Banned
Hahaha. Definitely hit a lot out of the park with your predictions.

She sounds great, though, for real. I'm not sure how well I'd play as her going by the description, but I'm very willing to give it an honest shot.

As a Yukiko player, I'm fucking thrilled.

Yukari and Rise. Atlus/ASW spoil me.

Go for Golden. It's an all-around richer experience, despite a few, um, gratuitous moments which are easily-skipable.

Oh, and nice predictions, PK! Your uncle must work at ArcSys or something ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom