• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjkeats

4DwLN7D.png

u3lMDTE.png

BXuuVmT.png

WQZefix.png
There's more than one voice actor reference in there. I love things like that.

There's more than one voice actor reference in there. I love things like that.

H-O-L-Y SHIT, you know it's really something when you like X anime series and then that same voice actor/actress appears in a game or another anime, it feels funny for some reason

abrack08

About to go into persona 2 for the first time, any tips?

I was actually going to ask this. I started up Innocent Sin on my Vita a few months ago, played for about 3 hours and haven't gone back, I'm about to start it over. I'm curious if it's better to read up on the story of the first Persona before playing? I know at least some of the same characters are involved.

cjkeats

H-O-L-Y SHIT, you know it's really something when you like X anime series and then that same voice actor/actress appears in a game or another anime, it feels funny for some reason

I love finding these things. The fan art that comes out of it is fun.

If you didn't figure it out, Chie and Minorin are both by Yui Horie, and Rise & Tiga are done by Rie Kugimiya, two of my favourite voice actresses.

I love finding these things. The fan art that comes out of it is fun.

If you didn't figure it out, Chie and Minorin are both by Yui Horie, and Rise & Tiga are done by Rie Kugimiya, two of my favourite voice actresses.

I had to do some research through Google, I love when this things happen so I keep my ear tuned for whenever I watch a new anime or play a japanese dubbed game

arue

"Like the SMT one" like fusion isn't already in Persona :p

Ah sorry, I didn't know why I thought the SMT one would be any different from Persona fusion system; maybe it's the aesthetics. I was thinking of how the fusing system in PQ would probably look like the one in SMTIV or DeSu's Cathedral of Shadows.

As much as I love the fact Rise is being added, I dread fighting against the people using the Japanese voice with her. Her navigation was bad enough.

The funnieset I've seen from the Persona side in terms of VA in other stuff are
Tatsuya Suou (Takehito Koyasu)
As Ryouji "Ranka" Fujioka from Ouran High School Host Club
lol

And, this is more dubbing role than an anime role, but found this little titbit amusing.
Teddie (Kappei Yamaguchi)
As Corey Matthews from Boys Meet World
dead

The funnieset I've seen from the Persona side in terms of VA in other stuff are
Tatsuya Suou (Takehito Koyasu)

As Ryouji "Ranka" Fujioka from Ouran High School Host Club

What?! Tatsuya is Haruhi's "Dad"? That's hilarious considering that both are kinda similar (?) I wonder if there's fanart of that

P3FES: the answer

geez, how do you beat the Ptolomea 17th floor boss? Seems like Yukari would be great here. Too bad I never used her and she's underleveled. He just mind/power charges and then massacres my entire team.

Levito

Banned
That Union Sacrifice sounds like it'll be so handy.

Gosh darn it there's so much great personer news these days.

Japanese Teddie is also Bugs Bunny in the jp dub of Space Jam.

He's also Hifumi in Dang it Ron Paul, think you told me that.

dkoy

Last time I was in this thread was when BB leaked the product description and I wrote it off as just a mistake. I come back now and Rise is actually playable?! If frigging Rise and Ken are playable where is Koromaru? D:

Rhapsody

Banned
That was the IK I mentioned earlier today. I thought it was posted already so I didn't lol

I was linked from a friend though, so I don't know the original source.

FluxWaveZ

Those are from the Famitsu scan. I reconize the border + layout of the image.

I see. Thought that they were being posted here because they came from a venue other than a magazine scan.

That was the IK I mentioned earlier today. I thought it was posted already so I didn't lol

I was linked from a friend though, so I don't know the original source.

We're not supposed to post scans unless they're ads, regardless.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I see. Thought that they were being posted here because they came from a venue other than a magazine scan.

We're not supposed to post scans unless they're ads, regardless.

I got it from someone off twitter, I didn't know they wuz scanz

I think Himiko Fighter Mode is neat

Come at me bros
I accept your challenge. The design is okay, but I feel it misses the point of a playable Rise. Save new Persona designs for new characters, give me Rise's actual Persona.

I do hope that whatever causes the change is self-contained in Ultimax and not just "Rise had a sudden change of heart/got really frustrated" or something.

FluxWaveZ

I accept your challenge. The design is okay, but I feel it misses the point of a playable Rise. Save new Persona designs for new characters, give me Rise's actual Persona.

I do hope that whatever causes the change is self-contained in Ultimax and not just "Rise had a sudden change of heart/got really frustrated" or something.

Himiko looks almost identical. She has Rise hair, her clothes are opened up and her satellite face has multiplied; that's it. I don't see the big deal.

You know...that could very well prompt a Persona change, considering what a Persona is.

Himiko looks almost identical. She has Rise hair, her clothes are opened up and her satellite face has multiplied; that's it. I don't see the big deal.
I've said it earlier, but I take character design very seriously.

That too. In fact, that's exactly what happened to most of the Persona 3 cast (and Persona 2 cast).
In general I feel that character changes of that magnitude should be left to the actual source material and not frivolous spinoffs.

Then... why did you imply that a "change of heart" was a weak reason for a Persona's evolution? Unless that's not what you were saying and Buddha and I misunderstood?
I don't consider it a weak reason, I just don't think it should be done in Arena. It has further reaching ramifications for her character than I think Arena should go into.

I don't consider it a weak reason, I just don't think it should be done in Arena. It has further reaching ramifications for her character than I think Arena should go into.

Then just ignore it. I don't think this will affect anything except PDAN maybe. P5 will be its own standalone thing so it doesn't matter.

Then just ignore it. I don't think this will affect anything except PDAN maybe. P5 will be its own standalone thing so it doesn't matter.
That would be the plan, but I don't see anything inherently wrong with voicing my opinion on the matter. I mean, I would certainly like to not have to treat the story of an actually pretty fun fighting game like it was Naoto X Detective.

That would be the plan, but I don't see anything inherently wrong with voicing my opinion on the matter. I mean, I would certainly like to not have to treat the story of an actually pretty fun fighting game like it was Naoto X Detective.

Well you are right there, everyone has the right to an opinion.

Unrelated:

tumblr_n4gdvj3eUK1qjrfr5o1_1280.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom