• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Yes, but the dialogue in that trailer seemed to imply like it was being told from Rise's perspective and that the P4 gang had either been kidnapped or were being held up inside the tower.

It seems that the "captives" will be reversed depending on which side you play. Rise was talking with Fuuka in what appeared to be the beginning of her story mode, whereas what we've known of the story has said that the P3 team was kidnapped.

From my interpretation, it isn't depicted that way. First off, Rise's story synopsis from Famitsu already says that she's off doing her own showbiz thing when this all goes down, so her contact with everyone else cuts off when this all goes down. Nowhere is it implied that the P4 team have been kidnapped or are trapped in Tartarus.

Nowhere is it implied, either, that the captives will be reversed based on story mode path. Rise was talking with Fuuka (as well as Yukari) in the beginning, but that doesn't imply anything conclusive. All it means is that, at that moment, she's not held captive.

No, that's too reductive. Feel like I've posted this many times before, but eh:

I've never seen this before, so obviously you haven't posted it enough ;P

Shadows seem pretty neat, but I think the only one I'll dabble in will be Shadow Junpei for INFINITE HOME RUNS. Maaaaaaaaybe Shadow Teddie as well for Teddie Circus shenanigans.

My subtitles are dooooooone~

That was super fun. I always have a great time working on Arena trailers, especially when it comes to fighter titles that the announcer comes up with. I will say that one line was a little bit icky due to background noise and while I'm 95 percent sure it's correct, you never know, I might end up changing it. It's super minor in the grand scheme, though, so we'll see.

Enjoy!
Based Pepsiman coming out swinging. Thanks for the subtitle work as usual!

Lunar15

From my interpretation, it isn't depicted that way. First off, Rise's story synopsis from Famitsu already says that she's off doing her own showbiz thing when this all goes down, so her contact with everyone else cuts off when this all goes down. Nowhere is it implied that the P4 team have been kidnapped or are trapped in Tartarus.

Nowhere is it implied, either, that the captives will be reversed based on story mode path. Rise was talking with Fuuka (as well as Yukari) in the beginning, but that doesn't imply anything conclusive. All it means is that, at that moment, she's not held captive.

It's just speculation from pepsiman's translation. You have Rise talking with Liz, asking if she knows what happened to Yu and the gang. You have Rise talking to Fuuka about trying to climb to the top of something. Finally, you have Rise saying "hold on guys, I'm coming for you!". It implies that, even if not kidnapped, the P4 group is already in the tower.

See, the weird thing is that she's talking with Fuuka, but all of the art for the game implies that Fuuka is tied up on a cross like Akihiko, Mitsuru, and Aigis. It could be in a later scene, but that's definitely what's throwing me off here.

FluxWaveZ

See, the weird thing is that she's talking with Fuuka, but all of the art for the game implies that Fuuka is tied up on a cross like Akihiko, Mitsuru, and Aigis. It could be in a later scene, but that's definitely what's throwing me off here.

We don't know when they get kidnapped in the story. Everything's implied that that's part of what starts all of this in the beginning, but who knows if that's actually what happens in the story. There's also the possibility that Fuuka manages to get saved or escape before the others. Or anything else; who knows?

My subtitles are dooooooone~

That was super fun. I always have a great time working on Arena trailers, especially when it comes to fighter titles that the announcer comes up with. I will say that one line was a little bit icky due to background noise and while I'm 95 percent sure it's correct, you never know, I might end up changing it. It's super minor in the grand scheme, though, so we'll see.

Enjoy!

Thanks! I was still doubtful on Rise being playable, but they did it. Even if it meant changing her Persona for whatever reason. At least she looks fun to play.

Lunar15

We don't know when they get kidnapped in the story. Everything's implied that that's part of what starts all of this in the beginning, but who knows if that's actually what happens in the story. There's also the possibility that Fuuka manages to get saved or escape before the others. Or anything else; who knows?

I'm less concerned about kidnappings and more that this seems to focus on rise individually after the P4 gang is already in the tower.

FluxWaveZ

I'm less concerned about kidnappings and more that this seems to focus on rise individually after the P4 gang is already in the tower.

This is Rise's personal trailer; of course it will focus more on her than anyone else. It's just like all of the Persona Q character videos. I'm still not seeing the part where it implies the P4 team is already at the tower so, again, my interpretation differs. The story also isn't "Rise saves the Investigation Team", it's "Episode P4", implying involvement of all parties from the IT.

Omikaru

You can tell the weather is changing; people are making foolish avatar bets. I'm claiming there's a correlation. :3

Not getting involved this time.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Concerning Rise's title, I think I'd go with "The Super-Star Super-Freak". I still think "freak" is closer to the weird sexual implications from an english standpoint.

She's a very kinky girl
The kind you don't take home to mother

MSMrRound

Amy_3rd_Job.png

I kind of envisioned Rise's playstyle as kind of similar to Amy (that's her third job Siren being shown here) from Grand Chase, a MMO game by KOGStudios, the creators of ElswordNA and stuff...turns out she's really using a mic stand and all...

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
It's just speculation from pepsiman's translation. You have Rise talking with Liz, asking if she knows what happened to Yu and the gang. You have Rise talking to Fuuka about trying to climb to the top of something. Finally, you have Rise saying "hold on guys, I'm coming for you!". It implies that, even if not kidnapped, the P4 group is already in the tower.

Just to clarify on that climbing bit, the Japanese line is almost certainly from a conversation about the English definition of "climax." I'm not super happy with the wording of that line as it really needs context to hash out well, but the way she's questioning things is approached in such a way that she's trying to grasp it as a vocabulary word. I may end up altering it slightly, but yeah.

Omikaru

After watching the Rise trailer, I am now 50:50 torn between her and Yukari.

My life is full of so many tough decisions. D:

Nachos

Just to clarify on that climbing bit, the Japanese line is almost certainly from a conversation about the English definition of "climax." I'm not super happy with the wording of that line as it really needs context to hash out well, but the way she's questioning things is approached in such a way that she's trying to grasp it as a vocabulary word. I may end up altering it slightly, but yeah.

Makes me wonder if it might be best for the English version to use a French word to replicate the feeling of not knowing the meaning of the word. Plus, I think Mitsuru uses English instead of French in the Japanese version, so it'd work out if she makes some comments about it in the game itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom